• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Mid-life Crisis and Inferior Fi

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I was thinking about E_TJs and their fourth function (Fi) and was wondering about this.

The occurance of a 'midlife crisis' seems to be quite common in the Te doms, the high performing and very driven business types. I was wondering if a midlife crisis could be an 'awakening' of inferior Fi? "Who am I? What actually matters to me? What is really important?".

I see it as a possible last step to self-fulfilment for the E_TJ.

This could possibly apply to the other types as well:

ES_P: Ni = fear of approaching death/old age
I_TJ: Ne = trying to find meaning in their life
EN_P: Si = regret over past mistakes/missed opportunities
IN_J: Se = "check out my new porsche!"
I_TP: Fe = Loneliness, search for connections
E_FJ: Ti = Breaking down long held beliefs
I_FP: Te = "Have I made any difference to the world, have I achieved anything?"

Just a thought