• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

stats on type in the workplace

sculpting

Hi guys,

Does anybody have a good source for stats on different types in diffrerent workplaces?

NTs as lawyers,
NFs in human social sciences

and so on...

links, articles, books, I am willing to shell out money to purchase if needed.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, there are all sorts of MBTI books out there. Gifts differing, worktypes, lifetypes, type talk, type talk at work, do what you are, what type is your career, what type am I are all books on my bookshelf that I like to different extents. Are you looking for "typical good fit" lists, or breakdowns of MBTI percentages within a given career?

Also, I do believe that you are an NF that might be working in a NT environment, so please, comment on my thread about that in the NF forum! Please

There is some like 50$ document, CAPT or something, never bought it.

Engineers: ST, NT
managers: STJ, NTJ
medical: FJ and somewhat FP
grade level education: ~2/3 SJ ~ 1/3 NF
humanities professor: NF
medical instructor: NFJ
graphic design: lots of INFPS
marketing: seems like plenty of ENFPs
alternative health care: NF, NFP
psychology/counseling: INF
doctors and surgeons: NT + ST

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i wouldn't consider fields based on introversion or extroversion as these seem trivial compared to the general types. other than that, i'd say your description has at least some accuracy.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
ISTJ engineer right here. Don't have any stats to be honest.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
nurses: SFJ
advanced physics: INTJ, some ENTJ +INTP
advanced math: mostly INTP, some INTJ
police + military: ST
middle-level managers: STJ
upper level management: (E)NTJ
public relations: ENF
HR manager: ENFJ

Gifts differing has various tables form pages 31-51

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
No stats to back me up, but if we're going by the best type for professions (again, I mean in general):

Artists - ISFP
Engineers - ENTJ
Lawyers - ENTP
Writers - INFJ
Musicians - xNFP
Carpenters - ISTP

sculpting

I need offical stuff as I have to make a case to the estps I work with regarding how we market to our mostly scientific audiance.

I would like to give them a full presentation and show a type breakdown if possible but since I am dealing with a bunch of estps and one estj, it's all in data from "official" sources.

chosen. lots of my engineers are istjs but the only entj was the big boss. Good engineer but brillant leader. Are you a mech or EE or civil?

Its odd. Our NTs give us info, which then gets fed through a bunch of SP/SJ marketing sales folks back to other NTs who now have no idea what the hell we are trying to say. It gets old.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
that [link] is the 50$ CAPT book I was referring to. Gifts Differing is a book,by Isabel Briggs Myers, of MBTI fame. 16.95

While not official enough to present to your target audience, I assure you you can find references to R&D being chock full of INT's. pg 43 deals with science students, of sample: 62% are I, 83% N, 69% T, 51% P, pg 41 engineer students 51% I, 65% N 67% T 65% J

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
happy puppy: almost no NF's have added to my TJ environment thread! take your extraverted NFP self and chat away!!!! this INFP will be listening [afterall, that is one of the things that we are really good at]! now chat!!! :)

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
was I the one you were asking what kind of engineer??? if so: my official title is "Research Engineer" my background is mostly physics, with EE and materials science as well all at the graduate level.

I remember at ym "research scientist" job, I think people made comments about just wanting tech info for sales, and not all the stupid hype and advertising pics and stuff. Let the NT's talk to the NT's! Personally, I always had good luck finding technically knowledgeable reps.