• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Now that I know my type, what can I do with it?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Is it just me, or are a lot of intuitives attracted to MBTI?

wolfy

awsm
There are only two practice uses imo;
1. Greater awareness of perceived type weakness as seen by others that you may have otherwise been unable to recognise, and
2. Improved understanding of different preferences in others.

Could type help me in coaching people in the gym?

Is it just me, or are a lot of intuitives attracted to MBTI?

Intuitives seem to stick around.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
So the point of this thread is to proive the MBTI is uyseless?

Frank

Intuitives seem to stick around.

I think if you achieved an in depth understanding of the theory's strength and weaknesses that it would be helpful in coaching. The ability to coach seems to be in large part due to the ability to understand your student. The theory will help a little there. Will the results be worth the time needed? I can't say.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
What are the practical uses?

The only practical use I have found for it in my life so far, is as a tool to understand people better and make living amongst the humans easier. :cheese:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Depends on how you interact with them, how sure you are of their type and what you want to achieve by using it. For me I find it helps me a lot in my work relationships both in understanding where my staff are coming from without them having to tell me and then presenting things to them in a way that gets the results that I want out of them, plus it helps me understand what results my bosses want from me and why.

wolfy

awsm
So there are some good uses.

Understand yourself.
Understand others.

That's pretty useful.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You could consider your MBTI type as an integral piece of a huge cosmic puzzle to find the programm code behind all human involved and motivated things on earth and through it to better yourself and the rest of humanity.

More likely is tho, you will talk about your type drunk in a bar to a middle-aged ex junkie, who totally sees your point :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I use it as an excuse to be loud and obnoxious, fickle, stupid, self-centered slutty drug addict.

*Sigh*

The burden of being an ESFP.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I use it as an excuse to be loud and obnoxious, fickle, stupid, self-centered slutty drug addict.

*Sigh*

You mean you noticed that stereotype? :blushing: Guess we weren't subtle enough about propagating it.
The burden of being an ESFP.
:hug: Well, don't feel too bad. You may be all those things, but at least you have good intentions. You clearly want people to be happy and comfortable. You just try to accomplish that in a way that can be kind of self-destructive and shallow. There are worse people to be. ;)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What are the practical uses?
I think one of the most practical uses is the guidance with career choices...
and I mean that in general terms.
If a person knows they are an introvert, for example, they probably wouldn't want to choose a career direction that would force them to extravert constantly.

There are some books - like Do What You Are - that suggest career or job fields based on type, and usually they end up being a list of things that person really does find interesting.