First 123

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Um, I'm going to try to answer this to the best of my comprehension, if I can. I really like analyzing literature, and I'm good at it, which is why it's my major. This is probably some function of Si and Ne that could potentially look like Ni. (However, I took a cognitive functions tests and my Ne and Ni are VERY high and run almost neck and neck.)

I love to be nostalgic with things like music and movies, and that's probably Si with Fi, I don't know that that would involve any Ne.

I do love history too, especially in an artistic sense, meaning through things like literature, art, and fashion. I see patterns in history - especially in raw history and historical literature - that I think help me to understand people in general. This is probably a function of Si and Ne.

That's the best I can do for now. Hope I didn't sound too lost.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

oh yes, there's a difference. Ne Si gives open minded stubborn intellectuals, whereas Si Ne gives open minded ignorant artists.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Well...Ne Si probably influences how I dress, eat/cook, and design. I must have a variety of clothes to choose from, and I get bored with the same combination over & over. I can often look at clothing and tell what material it is based on what I already own. I might know if something is authentic vintage or not by looking at it. In a more literal sense, I like to combine innovative and quirky looks with classic, tried-&-true elements.

As for food, I can tell when something is made differently from how I'm used to it. I can sometimes figure out how to make something w/out a recipe by experimenting with different options until I recreate those flavors. I may come up with a new dish by connecting it to a possibly unconnected past experience & applying a similar concept. I don't like to eat the same thing too often. Variety is the spice!

For design, it's the same thing....new approaches and ideas, tempered by an understanding of what has been effective in the past. In school we were taught that you have to learn the rules of design so you'll know how to break them, and that sounds very Ne Si to me .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    As a rough guess I would say the Ne+Si finds meaning from the past and Se+Ni finds patterns in the present.
    ahhh when you say patterns in the present could that be meaning from the patterns in the present moment *thanks quinlan / that's how i'd describe it*

//

I love to be nostalgic with things like music and movies, and that's probably Si with Fi, I don't know that that would involve any Ne.

[B]hmm....that's interesting thank you for posting marmalade.
    No it's very clear...not sounding lost at all.

music i can be nostalgic but for me i think it's comes from remembering the emotional turmoil/vibe that happened at that time.[B]

I do love history too, especially in an artistic sense, meaning through things like literature, art, and fashion. I see patterns in history - especially in raw history and historical literature - that I think help me to understand people in general. This is probably a function of Si and Ne.

cool thanks for sharing this marmalade.

////

Well...Ne Si probably influences how I dress, eat/cook, and design. I must have a variety of clothes to choose from, and I get bored with the same combination over & over.

hehe I also like variety in my clothes but i see a more just pick whatever matches and fly out the door type as to not put much time into it xD.I can often look at clothing and tell what material it is based on what I already own.
    I might know if something is authentic vintage or not by looking at it. In a more literal sense, I like to combine innovative and quirky looks with classic, tried-&-true elements.

awesome skill you got i just wear whatever matches/works Thank you for sharing OrangeApplied.

As for food, I can tell when something is made differently from how I'm used to it. I can sometimes figure out how to make something w/out a recipe by experimenting with different options until I recreate those flavors. I may come up with a new dish by connecting it to a possibly unconnected past experience & applying a similar concept.
    wow that's amazing I could never do that without a recipe/ course i don't cook much....I usually always have a recipe right there to follow step by step.

I don't like to eat the same thing too often. Variety is the spice!
    [B]true variety is the spice.I don't really cook too much I usually want it to be something that doesn't take long cause when i'm hungry i'm hungry xD.

I was making Italian wedding soup and I didn't really modify it.
    I just was enjoying rolling the meatballs with the gritty seasonings inbetween my hands with the meat(just sensory heaven/overload i tell ya/best part).

I was sniffing my hands all day and would say to my helper " hey let me do these I love how it feels on my hand (the smell was intoxicating...i will cook just for the sensory pleasure that's it in actually making it and eating xDDD)
    [B]

For design, it's the same thing....new approaches and ideas, tempered by an understanding of what has been effective in the past. In school we were taught that you have to learn the rules of design so you'll know how to break them, and that sounds very Ne Si to me.

oooh cool thank you for contributing. hmm...i could see that great example with the design school thank you .

Thanks all for adding your input hope i didn't blah blah too much
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)