• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

N's feeling pressured to act like S's?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
EA is always looking for those people. They rarely hire though. It's just a "dream job" listing.

how would you go about proving this?

it's rare that i see people this petty.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how would you go about proving this?

it's rare that i see people this petty.

Just what I've heard over the years, I don't know why EA is petty.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
merit to make this statement true

Oh, that's easy. See how long it is listed or reposted. In this economy those jobs should be snatched up quickly.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
let me know when it happens.

I won't remember. I'm not too good with details...

Anyway, most people know that iNtuitive-style jobs are hard to come by. The main reason is these jobs (much like the army general example from above) aren't given to just anyone that walks in off the street. They are usually filled from within the organization, after paying your dues for years in the lower-level (and more detail-oriented) positions. The positions that drive iNtuitives crazy.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I won't remember. I'm not too good with details...

Anyway, most people know that iNtuitive-style jobs are hard to come by. The main reason is these jobs (much like the army general example from above) aren't given to just anyone that walks in off the street. They are usually filled from within the organization, after paying your dues for years in the lower-level (and more detail-oriented) positions. The positions that drive iNtuitives crazy.

it is true that it works hierarchically, but that doesn't mean you need years of experience to get or do them. it's about seeing the possibilities to change your position that makes N brilliant. anyone can find any job, but people who know how to look can find jobs that they want to do.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it is true that it works hierarchically, but that doesn't mean you need years of experience to get or do them. it's about seeing the possibilities to change your position that makes N brilliant. anyone can find any job, but people who know how to look can find jobs that they want to do.
Are you a career counselor or something?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Are you a career counselor or something?

why would i be? i consider this elementary knowledge. if you don't like doing your job, you find a new better one. over time, you get better at finding those jobs that you want.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am too detached to really experiance this. Especially since people I tend to talk to are Ns. However I can willingly make my approach to be more sensorish just to ensure that people understand me.
What can't be done always since some things are abstract by nature.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why would i be? i consider this elementary knowledge. if you don't like doing your job, you find a new better one. over time, you get better at finding those jobs that you want.
What's your point again?

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

:sigh:

I wish that was the case. Like I said, I have been searching for months no one will even give me a chance. I'm getting down toward begging for any goddamn entry-level position advertised (despite having a degree covering both theoretical and practical knowledge of my field). Everyone wants experience but no one is will to let me attain some.

I agree with MacGuffin in the sense that a lot of industries (particularly those with very N type jobs) are rather closed off to the general public. You have to have an 'in' first, which is insanely difficult if you don't know the right people etc. They hardly ever advertise that sort of stuff.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
:sigh:

I wish that was the case. Like I said, I have been searching for months no one will even give me a chance. I'm getting down toward begging for any goddamn entry-level position advertised (despite having a degree covering both theoretical and practical knowledge of my field). Everyone wants experience but no one is will to let me attain some.

I agree with MacGuffin in the sense that a lot of industries (particularly those with very N type jobs) are rather closed off to the general public. You have to have an 'in' first, which is insanely difficult if you don't know the right people etc. They hardly ever advertise that sort of stuff.

how far have you gone with your search? have you taken it overseas? what field exactly are you in? supply and demand in different places can make a lot of difference in job openings in specific areas.

Can you succinctly articulate your point?

1. there are numerous jobs that aren't detail oriented for uneducated people or entry levels if you search in the right places.
2. if you don't like doing your job, you find a new better one. if you search well enough, you can find that job.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. there are numerous jobs that aren't detail oriented for uneducated people or entry levels if you search in the right places.
2. if you don't like doing your job, you find a new better one. if you search well enough, you can find that job.

I'm afraid I can't agree with you, specifically the "entry level" part.