• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

list of functions in order of awesomeness

Prometheus

MBTI Type
INTJ
My list of functions in order of awesomeness:

1 Si: It would feel like the past and the present are actually part of a line. No more differentiation between me and my past selves.

2 Te: I'm now starting to use this one on daily basis. Its impressive. I can get all my extroverted stuff done. It feels refreshing, like a cold glass of water in summer time.

3 Fe: It would feel like understanding society from the inside. Like knowing what to said and do and get all the relationships in order. Fe it is the sexiest of the 8 functions.

4 Ni: Its pretty boring most of the time, but occasionally I get all the views of many people I consider wise (including some of my past selves) right in my head, simultaneously!.

5 Se: I like it the most because of sexuality. Also sports!

6 Fi: It makes me like all kinds of music. Also it lets me Know what I really want.

7 Ne: It makes me feel dissy and makes me take bad decisions.

8 Ti: It hurts like hell and doesn't works well. Also I'm quite addicted to Ti.

Si is awesome.
Sadly I will developed it for the first time around my 80's and Si is all about past experiences so I'm not going to have a good Si record even if I get to test it.:cry:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Ne is #1! :steam:

If it makes you dizzy, it's because you suck.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni: No other function creates the sense of wonder and appreciation of mystery like Ni. It is both satisfied and stimulated by ignorance, which includes fanciful thinking.

Ne: This function knows how to have fun more than any other. It's also the least afraid to show off individuality.

Fi: Decision making based on personal values. Ultimately, personal values should come first.

Se: This function seems to always be happy with everything. The use lemons to make lemonade. They're also good at getting themselves out of sticky situations.

Te: This function is never afraid to run the show -- even if it means stepping on other people's toes.

Ti: I don't like this function because it takes all the wonder out of life's mysteries. It's the function of the scientific method, which often gets on my nerves.

Si: I can appreciate conservation to an extent, but this function is also the one that gets offended by words and certain symbols -- it's the type that gets upset with being called an "idiot" and so forth, but doesn't really wonder why the word is so offensive; it's as if they're taught to be offended by the word -- certainly not a free-thinking function. Way too uptight for my tastes.

Fe: I absolutely cannot stand this function, the nosiest of all functions. I consider Fe the function of PC-ness, hence extremely aggravating.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm...

Fi: This function sometimes (rarely) allows me to value what really matters to me, even in spite of other people.

Ni: This function allows me to analyze a situation from several perspectives.

Ti: This function keeps my mind alert to errors and inconsistencies, and can even form entire frameworks if necessary.

Ne: This function finds so many interesting possibilities, but I don't use it well. Other people who do intrigue me, however.

Fe: Good for helping and considering others, bad because it forces me to value the opinions of society no matter how I want to feel about them.

Si: Good for stabilizing, bad for creativity.

Te: This function might be good if it were just used to create efficiency and enforce rules, but mostly it comes across like bullying.

Se: It's my inferior function, and causes me a lot of grief. Also, it causes people to believe that what they physically sense is all that's real, and all that matters. Nothing could be further from the truth than this one.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne is #1! :steam:
If it makes you dizzy, it's because you suck.

I'm guessing Fe isn't very high on your list.

Personally, I like Sin functions the best.

There are some ties here for me.

1. Ti -- It's how the world makes sense. I am Naming things for what they are. I like to know the essence of things and how they work together to create a whole.
&
1. Ne -- I like to see what is realistically possible when I look at something. Can I build that bridge across the gap? Does this pattern suggest another one just beyond my reach?
&
1. Ni -- Multiple viewpoints. Paradox exists and is real. It's all a matter of how you place your feet and which direction you're looking in. My pseudo-empathy tool as well: I see through someone else's eyes, as they would see.

4. Fe -- I'm not very good with spontaneous expressions of emotions, but a controlled expression in a fail-safe way? One that is pleasant and encouraging and gets my true feelings across? It's nice to know what to say and do. And I also know how to signal my displeasure in an undeniable and controlled way, rather than flipping out emotionally and being out of control.

5. Si -- My internal world. The nostalgic sense. Bittersweet and melancholy. The way things used to be, before time eroded it. It is my memory, it is my keepsake treasure trove, the ornately decorated box in which I hide all the thoughts and feelings and images of my past that I have valued.
&
5. Fi -- I don't understand it yet. And my inner feelings have felt dead a long time. What do I value? I don't know. I need to discover it, though. It's why I have been passionless for so long. It will provide Meaning for my life to come.

7. Se -- Sensation, information, stimulation. Too much is painful, but in controlled settings, when I am expecting it, it could be sensual. I just never let myself go enough to experience it totally.

8. Te -- The most painful. It's "going by the book" just to finish a job. Whether or not it's the best way, or most efficient way. It's not elegant either, it's 'brute force." It doesn't care to name things for what they are. Everything is a peg being pounded into a hole. But it's still necessary, in order to finish the job.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'm guessing Fe isn't very high on your list.
I just know when to toss it aside. :cool:

1. Ne-I love it!
2. Fi-I'm not a flake. I know how I feel about people and issues. I like that.
3. Ti-I have a pretty strong Ti for an ENFP, when I bother to engage it.
4-8 The others can go in almost any order. They're situational.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In order of awesomeness (not necessary my own order):

Se, cause it's fun.
Ne, cause it's also fun.
Ti, cause it's useful even though I over-rely on it.
Ni, cause it's...I have no idea really. But it can be interesting.
Te, cause I'll grudgingly admit it's useful too even though I suck balls at it.
Si is ok I guess, if you're into that kind of thing.
And Fe and Fi are both kinda meh.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se and Si and Ni simultaneously without your head exploding would own all.

Ne makes me annoyed of myself after a while.

narticus

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm going to make my first post here in lieu of the introductions page, as this thread has prompted the most interest to me, and I think it will give you an idea where I'm coming from.

1. Ne - This allows the flights of fancy that I enjoy on my own during many evenings. When put to more practical use (N practical?), it comes in handy on the job, where I spend my days predicting an uncertain future (I'm an actuary). I don't deal with direct reality, just a theoretical model of it. Who needs TV/pop-culture when you can create your own worlds?

1. Ni - A tie with Ne, as this also allows flights of fancy, but more about the person I could transform into, rather than a broader, less personal transformation.

3. Se - I spent seven years as a college basketball coach before becoming an actuary. While I was drawn to the Xs and Os/strategy part of the game as well as efficient teaching and training methods, I always marveled at the ability of many of my players to be "in the moment" and able to respond unhesitatingly in pressure situations. I would not want a large dose of this for myself, but I'd love to have a switch that allowed me to use it for select scenarios.

4. Ti - At some point decisions have to be made, and when they do, there needs to be a consistent process for doing so. I don't like being told what to do, so I'd rather create my own framework than rely on an external one.

5. Te - At some point my decisions have to put into action, and I'd prefer a rational plan to an irrational one.

6. Fi - I find this fascinating in my closest friend (INFP) and my all-time biggest crush (ENFP). Some aspects of their personal moralities may seem odd and contradictory to me at times, but their passion for them is intoxicating.

7. Si - When I need to unwind and veg out, I have two ISTJ friends whose predictability is the comfort food of friendship. Under any other conditions, however, they bore me to tears or frustrate me with their pointless rigidity. Seeking stability means ignoring potential.

8. Fe - As a person who strives for individuality and autonomy, the seeking out of 'shared values' is totally foreign to me, and I'd like to keep it that way.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Se - because it's the definition of fun. Dancing, Stimulation, Sex, Downhill biking, etc

Ni - because if we don't know where we're heading, we're heading for disaster

Te - we have to gain money if we want to head somewhere and have fun in the process

Fi - without somebody to share with all the fun and the money, life would be worthless

Fe - I don't really understand this function that well

Si - Same as above

Ne - it's useful, but I don't find it "fun"

Ti - logical consistency in actions is necessary for trust to be build in relationships

Prometheus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Se and Si and Ni simultaneously without your head exploding would own all.
That would be spectacular.

Using Ti and Si would be extra awesome.
You could become the ultimate scientist.

ygolo

My termites win
That would be spectacular.

Using Ti and Si would be extra awesome.
You could become the ultimate scientist.

If theoretical organization of INTP is:

Internal|External

T|t
n|N
S|s
f|F

or

Ti-Ne-Si-Fe-Te-Ni-Se-Fi

Then theoretically organized INTPs have a good shot at using Ti and Si.

Prometheus

MBTI Type
INTJ
If theoretical organization of INTP is:

Internal|External

T|t
n|N
S|s
f|F

or

Ti-Ne-Si-Fe-Te-Ni-Se-Fi

Then theoretically organized INTPs have a good shot at using Ti and Si.
ISFJ would be a good guess also.
Si Fe Ti Ne.
But Fe would get in the place just as Ne gets in between intp's Ti and Si.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ne - omg, the holy grail, the purpose of life! What the hell would anything matter without realizing their relations and their associations, for without connections, everything in the world is just what it is, and nothing else. In actuality, everything is defined by their relations. Have you tried defining a word with itself? With this understanding, all the creative possibilities in the life unlock themselves, for everything can be done in a way that is not obvious. Mostly everything worthwhile there is are concepts - understandable, discussible, expressible and connected, and in the greatest meaning of the word possible, real and factual. With these powers, nothing is impossible.

Ne is also the secret ingredient for best comedy.

Te - love to pair this with Ni to make me able to design everything I want with insight and logic. Using this makes me want to have more resources to be put into good use! Good Te gives competetive advantage. There's so many systems in the world, and they are just playground for Te. With Ni, the resulting plans are also sensible and interesting, not just factual, as would be with Si.

Fi - Not caring about outside influence, but just caring about how I feel and how my ideas flow, now that's relaxing. Then I can hear and feel what really matters to me, and how. Some very touching moments with the people I care deeply about have shaped my life very much, and I appreciate those moments, whether they have been for love or sadness. Feeling with someone is what lifes precious moments are made of.

Not many situations trigger my emphaty or strong feelings for me, but I do make the trouble to often attend to my own feelings and to those of others. I never consider it appropriate to abuse persons feelings, but many situations call for putting the feelings aside. Feelings should be regarded in decision-making, but I think that Fi isn't well-suited to perform the decision-making process in complex issues in today's world. Understanding and respecting that some situations can make great demands on people's feelings, or can give great rewards, is a sign of wisdom. I like people whom I see feeling internally about things, when their expression is subtle.

Ni - this function is like a periscope or a set of binoculars, it lets me see around the corner and to the future. Without it, I would be bound to make errors and ineffective choices, as I couldn't perceive how various choices effect the future and how complex systems develop.

Ti - I find this function intriquing, using it is like reverse engineering. To take a whole and analyze it and to divide it into parts. That's how problems are solved, when they are too big a chunk to be eaten in one bite. As much as it is addicting for me to use this, it may not always feel refreshing. I need time off from this every so often.

Fe - a great function, when on a social mood. I love bouncing off ideas from friends and hearing them talk. Having my feelings to support great life is a wonderful thing, and more so to experience them with others. Using this too much can make me feel empty, as in, "what was gained?".

It's sad tho that Fe is so obligatory if I want the best results from interactions with people, if I'm not on the mood to meet them. Fortunately it's easy to keep a front to oneself, to conform superficially. It isn't cheating, just good behaviour. Makes me wonder why people demand the use of Fe so much, tho. I care more about their Fi.

Se - mmh, sensation-seeking. Ye, there are good sensations to be had. Some good concerts (rarely) make me on an extremely good mood that lasts for long. Wouldn't base my life on these, however.
Si - nice, useful, but of limited value. To use Si to recall and to notice some basic units of information and experiences.. yeah, yeah, it's needed, but I wouldn't let that to be the whole story.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Se - because it's the definition of fun. Dancing, Stimulation, Sex, Downhill biking, etc

Ni - because if we don't know where we're heading, we're heading for disaster

Te - we have to gain money if we want to head somewhere and have fun in the process

Fi - without somebody to share with all the fun and the money, life would be worthless

Fe - I don't really understand this function that well

Si - Same as above

Ne - it's useful, but I don't find it "fun"

Ti - logical consistency in actions is necessary for trust to be build in relationships

1) your dead to me.

2) you shure have your prioritys in order dont you :p

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This was so clear that you all put the Ne in the first rows but NOONE really gives the entps and the enfps the love they need (substitute with worshipping procedure in case of the entps) !!!

Really thats like the USA ever to win a worldchampionship in soccer, totally bogus !

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I couldnt even say which functions I would like, even if I would try, cause I got not the singlest clue what that means