• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

S v N T v F burn the stereotypes lol *inserts devil smile ^^P*

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey all,

I am just noticing alot of what happens on this forum is stereotyping and generalizing. it's driving me nuts.

I'm creating this discussion to burn down the house of these :devil:

What is the honest distinction between S versus N?

and also T versus F no stereotypes please or generalizations :hug: :cry: it's hurting lol. I don't agree with F meaning emotions or t meaning lack of etc.

My intention with this thread is to create an area where people can hear what "it" really is not just speculation :shock:

I'd also love to hear from people who have figured out there type for sure and can point out to me

what is a common theme among types that may not be so obvious especially T women who seem F because of conditioning? being female/ growing up around F's etc.

Also is there any ITP's on here who grew up around aload of SFJ's lol so kinda took on some of there traits cause of being around them so much?

what honestly defines a T at the core as well as for F at the core? same for for S versus N/ I versus E etc. But I mostly want to focus on T versus F and S versus N

Also can someone explain the Ti-Fe relationship of dominant and inferior and how they work together/ how they don't also etc?

I want actual life examples of these same for all the above just so i have something concrete to measure it too.

I also want to ask without stereotypes/generalizations from this post and other posts i've had what type to you think i am? and provide why you think so provide examples if possible.

i understand it's hard over the internet but really curious :yes:.

burn away lol :devil: *hands a torch over* I'm a newbie at this so i want to learn the real deal here lol.

G

garbage

The OP's really, really hard to read.

See? Feelers can be pricks, too.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what's OP? and what would make it easier to read :cheese:?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm thinking we're opening ourselves up for generalizations here.
I mean, there are certain traits of F's, T's, N's, S's, whatever, that are just true for a lot of the people involved. Know what I mean? We are putting someone into a box just by saying that they are an "F", for instance and its going to come with a certain set of meaning that implies "not T." And if you're asked to describe an F, (real or theorized), you are going to get a basic meaning that's generalized. Good traits and bad.

So i'm not really sure what you're looking for.

(But am still interested to see some possible deeper responses :) )

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean, there are certain traits of F's, T's, N's, S's, whatever, that are just true for a lot of the people involved. Know what I mean? We are putting someone into a box just by saying that they are an "F", for instance and its going to come with a certain set of meaning that implies "not T." And if you're asked to describe an F, (real or theorized), you are going to get a basic meaning that's generalized. Good traits and bad.

Exactly. MBTI is a system of generalizations. There's a difference between generalizations and stereotypes though. We could make this thread into listing stereotypes, and then all you need to do is read the descriptions/etc and subtract the stereotypes from them. ie, P = lazy slackers, J = judgmental assholes? (I think that's a sterotype, anyway ;))

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

me too very curious of some other's responses as well.
cute name btw hehe shortnsweet.

you got a point there
I think to clarify I mean more about stereotypes i guess i can see I was confusing you guys lol sorry :cry: :hug: :heart:
yeah that's true i don't mind the box it's more the stereotypes that come with the box :yes: and some misunderstandings of what that box really means.

Last edited:

Qre:us

wayyyyyyyy too many lol scattered about. Kills the humour.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
wayyyyyyyy too many lol scattered about. Kills the humour.

:hi: love my lol's i'll work on it...thanks for the tip.
now....i feel this thread is dying *sigh's to self* never mind.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I wish NTs would realize that not all NFs are whiney whimps and that NFs aren't jealous of NTs. I do realize not all NTs think this, but damnit it's annoyings! I mean jealous of you come on. don't make me laugh.

Qre:us

I wish NTs would realize that not all NFs are whiney whimps and that NFs aren't jealous of NTs. I do realize not all NTs think this, but damnit it's annoyings! I mean jealous of you come on. don't make me laugh.

Oh, just stop your whining!

:D

Screw me! Lol on, my friend. If only cuz you know now it bugs me. Hella fun to bug. ;)

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I think all people are F-sters by over 56% no matter how they tested. That or there needs to be more real life questions in those tests. Seeing how some threads develop is proof enough of this that my conclusion cannot be argued, although i wish this thread had posts that were strictly anonymous.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, just stop your whining!

:D

Screw me! Lol on, my friend. If only cuz you know now it bugs me. Hella fun to bug. ;)

xDDD getting my lolololololol on.
sends :hug: to Qre:us
all's good :D.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
As i scroll down to observe who is viewing this thread, i notice 3 named users, yet 4 members. i know who that anonymous other member viewing this thread is:)

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think the problem with a lot of posters on this board, and I think that the original post is picking up on, is that people have a tendency to get very specific when it comes to their generalizations about certain types. For instance, the stereotype seems to be that ALL ESTJs are "stodgy, uncooperative, only care about rules / tradition, demanding". Some ESTJs are like that, but the vast majority aren't, yet that view permeates the board. It's much easier to focus on the negative of people who aren't like you when you're surrounded by people who are.

The people on this board are heavily Introverted Intuitive types, and so all type descriptions that are given are shown through that perspective, and INXX types tend to have a lot of conflict with certain people who identify with SJ. I've even seen people ASSUME that ANYONE they have conflict with is a certain type, just because of these stereotypes. So I understand what the OP is saying. A lot of the time, people have one or two negative examples of a bad behavior in one person of a certain type, and then others add their own in. Next thing you know, a post becomes about how "ESTJs and INFPs can't be friends!!!1" or something like that. It's a misuse of type theory, because type theory is very hard to use to predict behavior. At the very most, it can help you get a very basic sketch for someone's personality, but it's not the entire painting. Everyone uses a different palette and a different style to fill in the lines. It's better used as a tool for personal growth, understanding how YOU react to others, and modifying your style to adapt to changing situations.

As far as your concrete examples of S vs. N, and T vs. F, it's hard to say. Introverted Sensing and Extroverted Sensing, for instance, are very different functions. Same with Introverted X and Extraverted X. It's hard to say. But here are the basics:

Sensing: A tendency to focus on sensory details, such as sight, taste, smell, and sound when taking in information. Memory is usually of more detailed facts, often with a sketchy overall perception of how those pieces fit together. SPs generally are more active and involved with the world around them, being involved with sports, art, and other forms of physical expression. SJs have a tendency to be more focused on internal organization, such as scheduling and planning their future down to the wire, or by being organized in their personal life in some way.

Intuition is the tendency to focus more on overall generalizations (hehe) of ideas, such as theory and "gut feelings". I personally consider it close to what we call "gut feelings" - you just sort of understand a concept without necessarily understanding how the pieces fit together. So, if Sensors have a hard time understanding the entire picture, Intuitives have a harder time understanding how the pieces actually fit into the puzzle, even if the puzzle is completed already. NPs tend to be focused more on external ideas and connections that they perceive in the world around them, getting ideas and inspirations from those. NJs tend to focus more on internal ideas and concepts, often not knowing where their understanding of a subject comes.

Thinking is the tendency to use logic to figure out problems. Logic can mean many different things to many different people. TPs tend to use an internal logic that makes sense to them - they understand how things work, and therefore, their way works for them - so even if they do something illogical, such as scream extremely loud right before every exam they take, it might make sense to them to do so because it seems to work. They judge things by an internal standard. TJs tend to examine things from the perspective of external logic. "Does it work, and if it doesn't, why aren't we getting rid of it or changing it?"

Feeling is the tendency to base judgements on subjective* factors. Again, this is widely variable. The tendency is for FPs to have internal values from which they quietly judge the world, and more importantly, their own behavior. FPs have a tendency to keep their emotions to themselves, but this is NOT always the case, especially when under stress. FPs do show emotion and appreciation, but more subtly than FJs. FJs tend to be more focused on external feeling behaviors, such as showing appreciation and caring towards others overtly. They are more likely to let their judgements overtly be seen by the world, but IFJs in particular can actually be more secretive than IFPs about their emotions.

I'm probably wrong / not helpful with all of this post, but I hope it helps you at least a little :D

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
This whole site in general needs a few opinionated ESTJs with a womans touch. Why are they so sparce? i'll bet they contemplate putting in their .02, but then read just one more post and go half nutzoid.

Jaguar

Don't change your lol's. It's who you are.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
This whole site in general needs a few opinionated ESTJs with a womans touch. Why are they so sparce? i'll bet they contemplate putting in their .02, but then read just one more post and go half nutzoid.

Jumping into the lion's den.:sadbanana: Gotta be a scary experience.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't change your lol's. It's who you are.

yay!!!!! :newwink:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOL hahaha.
Thank you post made me feel better about my lol's :D
:hug: to you jaguar.

Thank you very much jeremy :hi:
that's exactly my problem cause it just running wild in some places here
and it's a shame if someone thinks there not a type cause of a stereotype even more if people say oh no you can't be that type...only the person themselves can judge for that imo especially if online ;).

well maybe I'm just a different version of that type you know and it's not all
cut and dry either...many varieties of types out there.

I personally I am realizing i have developed my Ti more then Te and my Fe/Si is something i'm working on.

some people we'll be raised in different kinds of family's, cultures, belief's, or pressured by society to be a certain way (women and men) there is so much more to consider even lifestyles/decisions and the results of those decisions.
I think it was very helpful thank you jeremy.

Jaguar

For all you know, they are around.
When I look to the left on this board,
I never assume what I see is really someone's type.