• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

S v N T v F burn the stereotypes lol *inserts devil smile ^^P*

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I think the first post and Jeremy's post are the only posts with actually relevant information/questions and not filled with smilies or LOL's. Great quick summary, though, Jeremy. :D

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I figured an ISFP would start a thread like this.

It's annoying when people are describing "Fs" when what they're really describing is Fe.

I get the feeling that Jung was onto something but Myers and Briggs made a mess of things with their focus on preferences rather than functions.

Jaguar

I'm probably wrong / not helpful with all of this post, but I hope it helps you at least a little :D

I thought it was very good.
What you thought and how you organized your thought, was excellent.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought it was very good.
What you thought and how you organized your thought, was excellent.

:yes: true Jaguar's right

it was just what I was looking for, it's one of those post's that are applicable and clear thank you :hug:
thanks again jeremy.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think all people are F-sters by over 56% no matter how they tested. That or there needs to be more real life questions in those tests. Seeing how some threads develop is proof enough of this that my conclusion cannot be argued, although i wish this thread had posts that were strictly anonymous.

As i scroll down to observe who is viewing this thread, i notice 3 named users, yet 4 members. i know who that anonymous other member viewing this thread is:)

This whole site in general needs a few opinionated ESTJs with a womans touch. Why are they so sparce? i'll bet they contemplate putting in their .02, but then read just one more post and go half nutzoid.

professor??? you havin fun talking to yourself here? haha!! :smile:

Jaguar

It's annoying when people are describing "Fs" when what they're really describing is Fe.

I get the feeling that Jung was onto something but Myers and Briggs made a mess of things with their focus on preferences rather than functions.

She's just trying to get some information, and you being a jerk won't help her.
That aside, I agree with you that Myers/Briggs made a mess of things.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:newwink:

yeah that can really mess people up....now when you say preference you mean preference order? yeah then that can mess people up i would think cause there may be an equal preference for more then what is accepted by that theory (mbti).
Now I'm a newbie so don't take me too serious ^^P still learning.

what I think we are a type code we just stray away from the "typical" from life experience, family members and how they raised us etc yadda yadda.

Like i seriously could see how all the things that have happened to me lately (a couple deaths of close people 2 people to cancer,1 animal to something unexpected/unknown)
have made me lose touch with my isfp self and now I finally feel like I'm gaining that back cause of the mbti. It feels good but I also realize I have developed Ti/bit of Te working on Fe/ teensy bit of Si.

Pretty much realized I have been stuck in a Ni Te mode as well.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

Oops, no jerkiness intended! I'm an ISFP too, what I meant is that we seem to be a bit more bothered by stereotypes than most (I know there is some irony in that statement somewhere).

So what I meant is it's a good thread, and good to see people challenging misconceptions.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What was the subject?extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************************** (58.7)
excellent use

i KNOW! you have no idea what it is you picked out like 2 or 3 words from that and went and created your own deal there...it's quite entertaining...please carry on...haha

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oops, no jerkiness intended! I'm an ISFP too, what I meant is that we seem to be a bit more bothered by stereotypes than most (I know there is some irony in that statement somewhere).

So what I meant is it's a good thread, and good to see people challenging misconceptions.

I'm glad you think it's a good thread Quin :hug: makes me feel more hopeful about it, at first i thought it would fizz out soon as it started but thankfully.

I really hope this thread will keep it going with challenging misconceptions that happen to occur with mbti....hopefully anyone who is confused
this will be one of the helpful forums on here to shake the fuzzies out.

As there are some truly nice threads in this forum that seem to break away from that and aid in clearing the confusion started from other topics/those inspired me to start this.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
i KNOW! you have no idea what it is you picked out like 2 or 3 words from that and went and created your own deal there...it's quite entertaining...please carry on...haha

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************** (46.2)
excellent use

You're a bit lagging but i'm glad you understand.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh if i wasn't i'm not sure i would haha!!

Jaguar

there may be an equal preference for more then what is accepted by that theory (mbti).
Now I'm a newbie so don't take me too serious ^^P still learning.

Here you are, a self-proclaimed newbie, sporting icons,
LOL's, hugs and kisses in your posts, who understands that,
yet it flies right over many heads who claim to know MBTI well.

Keep that mind open there buckaroo.
It will serve you well, throughout your life.

:D

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:hug: Hi jaguar your too kind to defend :hug: more hugs.

oh no...lets all get along ^^) group hug *grabs jaquar & quinlan to start a hug fest :D*

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here you are, a self-proclaimed newbie, sporting icons,
LOL's, hugs and kisses in your posts, who understands that,
yet it flies right over many heads who claim to know MBTI well.

Keep that mind open there buckaroo.
It will serve you well, throughout your life.

:D

xDDDD
haha I send love everywhere i go *hugs*
I definitely will keep my mind open thanks Jaguar
good and worthy advice. I'm trying not to assume as it
seems sometimes things are not what they seem
and change like the wind.

icons? you mean smilies?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd also love to hear from people who have figured out there type for sure and can point out to me

what is a common theme among types that may not be so obvious especially T women who seem F because of conditioning? being female/ growing up around F's etc.

Also is there any ITP's on here who grew up around aload of SFJ's lol so kinda took on some of there traits cause of being around them so much?

what honestly defines a T at the core as well as for F at the core? same for for S versus N/ I versus E etc. But I mostly want to focus on T versus F and S versus N

Also can someone explain the Ti-Fe relationship of dominant and inferior and how they work together/ how they don't also etc?

Okay people.
Answer the questions, now!
(I think that they are difficult to answer)
Is that why we're dilly dallying to answer?
(That is why i'm dilly dallying.)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay people.
Answer the questions, now!
(I think that they are difficult to answer)
Is that why we're dilly dallying to answer?
(That is why i'm dilly dallying.)

I guess can understand i could be asking for a lot for someone to put into words about there deepest self at the core.

but an attempt would be pretty cool to see i'm flexible with whatever comes up and i'm not expecting a revelation just wanting to hear other's input.
maybe that won't scare people way ;).

Jaguar

Oh shit. I'm sorry.

Hey, I'm for anyone challenging misconceptions.
But then I'm for anyone daring to challenge anything,
that others blindly accept to be true.
So challenge away!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
from wiki...
not sure what else you need really. that's why i haven't answered.

Functions: Sensing (S) / iNtuition (N) and Thinking (T) / Feeling (F)

Jung identified two pairs of psychological functions:

* The two perceiving functions, sensing and intuition
* The two judging functions, thinking and feeling

According to the Myers-Briggs typology model, each person uses one of these four functions more dominantly and proficiently than the other three; however, all four functions are used at different times depending on the circumstances.

Sensing and Intuition are the information-gathering (perceiving) functions. They describe how new information is understood and interpreted. Individuals who prefer sensing are more likely to trust information that is in the present, tangible and concrete: that is, information that can be understood by the five senses. They tend to distrust hunches that seem to come out of nowhere. They prefer to look for details and facts. For them, the meaning is in the data. On the other hand, those who prefer intuition tend to trust information that is more abstract or theoretical, that can be associated with other information (either remembered or discovered by seeking a wider context or pattern). They may be more interested in future possibilities. They tend to trust those flashes of insight that seem to bubble up from the unconscious mind. The meaning is in how the data relates to the pattern or theory.

Thinking and feeling are the decision-making (judging) functions. The thinking and feeling functions are both used to make rational decisions, based on the data received from their information-gathering functions (sensing or intuition). Those who prefer thinking tend to decide things from a more detached standpoint, measuring the decision by what seems reasonable, logical, causal, consistent and matching a given set of rules. Those who prefer feeling tend to come to decisions by associating or empathizing with the situation, looking at it 'from the inside' and weighing the situation to achieve, on balance, the greatest harmony, consensus and fit, considering the needs of the people involved.

As noted already, people who prefer thinking do not necessarily, in the everyday sense, 'think better' than their feeling counterparts; the opposite preference is considered an equally rational way of coming to decisions (and, in any case, the MBTI assessment is a measure of preference, not ability). Similarly, those who prefer feeling do not necessarily have 'better' emotional reactions than their thinking counterparts.