• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you supposed to think of the percentages?

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
In my signature I have the percentages I got on the MBTI. Does it mean anything? Can I say that even though I'm ESFP, I'm really close to being ENFP or does it not really work that way? Or maybe can I say I'm pretty balanced in my communication styles because my N and S qualities are so close?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I take them as a rough indicator of what you might be.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The percentages just indicate your strength of preference for each of the four categories at the time you took the test. They are useful for helping you determine your true type. Your preferences for E, F and P were strong, so it's pretty likely you are an EFP of some sort. Your S and N preferences were close, so you could be either ESFP or ENFP based on these results. Only you can decide which of the two types is a better fit for you.

To help you decide, first read some good profiles of each type and see if you have a strong identification with one of the two options. If that is still unclear, then have a look at the differences between temperaments. ESFPs are SP Artisans, while ENFPs are NF Idealists. Each temperament has considerably different inner values, motivations and agendas.