• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stereotypical favourite bands of the types

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I have been listening to this song like non-stop. I love Basement Jaxx.

Basement Jaxx - Raindrops

Yeah, I don't know what the hell is going on with this ESFJ music.

I :wubbie::wubbie::wubbie: Basement Jaxx!!! My favorites are

Rendezvous
Red Alert
Always be there
Romeo

Handsome Boy Modeling School
Res
Brad Sucks--heard him in some movie soundtrack. He's such a nail biter :rolleyes:.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's a'ight.

btw, there's an INTP group on last.fm. the members' most listened to artist? Radiohead! :headphne:
(this week, at least)

Basically all the groups on last.fm that aren't focused on a certain musical style, have Radiohead as their top artist.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius finds this thread amusing. He is pretty sure the music he normally listens to would be considered NF music (For example, Cat Stevens, John Lennon, Manic Street Preachers, and The Cure.) as he mainly listens to music to wallow in his sadness.:blush:

Who knows what the bands Falcarius listens to when he is not feeling sorry for himself are considered as in terms of MBTI? For example, how is one suppose to define TV On The Radio, Animal Collective, and Sigur Rós in terms of MBTI ?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Basically all the groups on last.fm that aren't focused on a certain musical style, have Radiohead as their top artist.

hence:
lol
to be fair, i think Radiohead listeners span a wide cross-section. The band also tops the list for INFJ and INFP.

though fwiw intj has coldplay at 1 and enfp depeche mode.

heart

heart on fire
Isn't Depeche Mode a bit "dark" for ENFP? They really focus on the negative side of human emotion at times.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
My favourites are the Clash, Rancid, Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Isn't Depeche Mode a bit "dark" for ENFP? They really focus on the negative side of human emotion at times.

Who knows what's going on with this selection of ENFPs. Linkin Park and David Bowie were runners up. :shock:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Suede, Blur, The Beatles, The Velvet Underground, Public Enemy, The Rolling Stones, Happy Mondays, Black Grape, The Stone Roses, The Jam, Nick Drake, Elvis Costello, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Lucinda Williams, The Divine Comedy, The Delgados, Delays, Pet Shop Boys, The Pixies, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, The Smiths, Nirvana, Stevie Wonder, The Beach Boys, Al Green, Motown, The Replacements, Love, Fleetwood Mac, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Buzzcocks, Can, The Warlocks, The Shins, Jeff Buckley, Prince, Tricky

I think you are really an NF :tongue:

Really though, my older ESFP sister has great music taste and guided me in the right direction (ie. to the Mozzer). There's really only two kinds of taste anyway: good and bad :cheese:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think you are really an NF :tongue:

Lots of people seem to agree. I generally score like 50-50 on S vs. N. I like to think that I am just super-evolved. ;)

Really though, my older ESFP sister has great music taste and guided me in the right direction (ie. to the Mozzer). There's really only two kinds of taste anyway: good and bad :cheese:

I've seen Morrissey twice, ten years apart (Maladjusted tour and Ringleader of the Tormentors tour). Both were great. I've seen Johnny Marr play with Modest Mouse, too. That was a fun show. R.E.M., Modest Mouse, and The National. Marr came out with R.E.M. for an encore of "Fall on Me."

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What on earth is ENTP about Iron Maiden or Green Day?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Metallica, Led Zeppelin and The Who proposed for ENTJ - right on!
Bod Marley, less so, tho it's ok for me.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the beastie boys: ISTP

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Metallica, Led Zeppelin and The Who proposed for ENTJ - right on!
Bod Marley, less so, tho it's ok for me.

Wouldn't Marley be more NF of some sort? ENFJ perhaps?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
By the way, metal in general seems to appeal to SPs on a base physical level. I've noticed SJs seem to dislike it, and that both NTs and NFs seem to be really polarized about it--either it's AWESOME, or they hate it.

ESFP bassist that I play with is always trying to get me into Meshuggah or some other crazy amelodic metal band, and he keeps trying to explain the feeling of the physical energy it exudes and I just don't get it/care because it seems totally non-cerebral to me.

roseille

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
For me, an INTP, I like: Tool, Disturbed, Soundgarden, White Stripes, Rolling Stones, Gorillaz, Jimi Hendrix, Charlie Parker (and most bebop in general), The Rat Pack (Sammy Davis Jr, Frank Sinatra, and Dean Martin), Stevie Wonder, and most Motown in general. Which of these are stereotypical? (NOTE: I'm a musician)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
ESTP: Guns N' Roses

Guns N' Roses is my favorite band. I'm not ESTP, but it's funny because one of the guys I live with is ESTP and he loves Guns N' Roses.

By the way, metal in general seems to appeal to SPs on a base physical level. I've noticed SJs seem to dislike it, and that both NTs and NFs seem to be really polarized about it--either it's AWESOME, or they hate it.

You could be very right. My ISFP friend LOVES metal. I hate it.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Aphex Twin is about as INTP as you can get. And amongst my INTP friends, there's not a one who isn't, or at some point hasn't been, hugely fond of him.

Mind, there are plenty of artists I like more. But in terms of stereotype...