• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type and Race Studies

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Have any of you read up on studies on race and type? I have found a few, all more than 30 years old. However, to refer:

One study of minority women, samle size being a 100-150 in both cases:

Negro Women were found to be predominantly S, F, and J compared to white women.

Cherokee Women were found to be predominantly N and P compared to white women.

Another study with 350+ Negro elementary school pupils (both sexes) were found to be more S and F than white students.

Of course, these findings are highly controversial, and a samle of 350 out of an entire race is not even a drop in the ocean. Add to that the fact that the MBTI is not scientifically reliable and you have just about as large a disclaimer as you could possible want.

Having said that, I would like to hear if any of you have seen or read other inquireies into type and race? I know that there exists some on Japanese people but I have been unable to find them.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Have any of you read up on studies on race and type? I have found a few, all more than 30 years old. However, to refer:

One study of minority women, samle size being a 100-150 in both cases:

Negro Women were found to be predominantly S, F, and J compared to white women.

Cherokee Women were found to be predominantly N and P compared to white women.

Another study with 350+ Negro elementary school pupils (both sexes) were found to be more S and F than white students.

Of course, these findings are highly controversial, and a samle of 350 out of an entire race is not even a drop in the ocean. Add to that the fact that the MBTI is not scientifically reliable and you have just about as large a disclaimer as you could possible want.

Having said that, I would like to hear if any of you have seen or read other inquireies into type and race? I know that there exists some on Japanese people but I have been unable to find them.
The MBTI is not the only typology, and certainly not in Europe.
Eysenck studied neuroticism (F), extraversion(E) and psychotism.
He found people with African ethnogenesis to have significantly less neuroticism (F) compared to other samples.

I am not comfortable with the word race. I do not think it should be used.
The word has been misused in the past and is still being misused (also in an OP quite recently in this forum, when a rejected lover made a clumsy effort to get back on the object of adoration), by racists and other confused people. It carries a stigma.

The MBTI does not use an L scale (L for Lie) and therefore the results may not always be reliable, especially in the case of long subjucated people.

In the absence of L, the the results tilt toward J and probably toward F and S as well.

I have had business relations with the Japanese in the past.

Amelie Nothomb spent a part of his childhood in Japan. As an adult he returned. He wrote a book of his experiences in Japan. Alain Corneau made a film based on the book. It is available on DVD.

I think you should see the film.