• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI as a tool

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Take a look at some of our posts!!!

Basically...

It looks like some of us are using this... concept... to game people. Love. Sex. Mere understanding. Finding the ONE. How to hurt. Break down walls.

Is... this right?

Right - as in accurate... Right - as in ethical...

?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
The test for whether something is right or wrong is to consider your goals. Is your goal to trick someone or is your goal to create better circumstances for finding an ideal partner?

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Absurd concept. Love is love. It cannot be cultivated in any superficial manner.

What has this tool become...? I'm only asking and looking on this forum's previous posts.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Absurd concept. Only time can tell.

What has this tool become... I'm only asking and looking on this forum's previous posts.

To me your attitude is the same as saying that people should have no special preference in any way. Whether you like blondes or thin women or men with big hands or boys who like Joy Division, you should not try to create the circumstances you know you have a preference for. Liking certain types can be the same type of preference.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
To me your attitude is the same as saying that people should have no special preference in any way. Whether you like blondes or thin women or men with big hands or boys who like Joy Division, you should not try to create the circumstances you know you have a preference for. Liking certain types can be the same type of preference.

Typing is an artificial preference, however. It is not as real and concrete as body shape or musical taste. You've said so much yourself in a previous post.

It's time for something new. At least for myself. :)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Typing is an artificial preference, however. It is not as real and concrete as body shape or musical taste. You've said so much yourself in a previous post.

It's time for something new. At least for myself. :)

Yes, it is your nature to become bored rather than to plow the same fields. That sounds like what is happening here.

Typing is no more arbitrary than liking boys who like Joy Division. I like women with dark brown hair. Is this more valid than liking someone who is a hard worker because it is more concrete?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
There is something vaguely corrupt about viewing and acting towards others using MBTI in my opinion....not too wrong...just seems kinda contrived if done in excess.

I prefer to use MBTI to understand myself better. Using it on others is just assuming too much about the other person. I don't usually type people anyway.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yes, it is your nature to become bored rather than to plow the same fields. That sounds like what is happening here.

Typing is no more arbitrary than liking boys who like Joy Division. I like women with dark brown hair. Is this more valid than liking someone who is a hard worker because it is more concrete?

I've been studying typing since I was 16... I've decided that it was an inadequate tool to understand myself and others. It's time for me to grow from this. I've stuck around to plow many fields, this field has had no fruit, and maybe even some work in vain. Typology might be the gatorade that I've been watering the field with.... :wacko:

The boredom comment I almost take personally, but I know it isn't accurate - especially in regards to THIS subject. I think I know what it references, but don't wish to speculate openly.

Typing isn't as concrete as a like in Joy Division or work ethic or anything of that sort because it isn't real. It's mere speculation, over generalization, and has had a BIG tendency to be wrong.

Actually, this is me... tearing down something old and inefficient to make way for something new. :) THIS is my nature.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
There is something vaguely corrupt about viewing and acting towards others using MBTI in my opinion....not too wrong...just seems kinda contrived if done in excess.

I prefer to use MBTI to understand myself better. Using it on others is just assuming too much about the other person. I don't usually type people anyway.

Well, for people like me who sometimes fail to understand other people I find it very useful as a tool for helping me how someone might think differently from me. My values are so different from some people that I really do need help seeing where they come from.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well, for people like me who sometimes fail to understand other people I find it very useful as a tool for helping me how someone might think differently from me. My values are so different from some people that I really do need help seeing where they come from.

Sure. Knowing the 4 preferences might help a lot and I can't say I don't sometimes unconsciously do that nowadays...but type can't really explain all that much about relationships in my opinion...there is ample room for confirmation bias though.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, I'm sorry.

You can have them.

I'm bored now.

Just imagine that I kept going and we bandied words like true opponents with a grudging respect for an equal glutton for punishment until, finally, you bested me with your witty repartee. Victory!