• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Shadowing

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you get out of the type shadow loop? Any links maybe?

I think that after getting out of a traumatic situation that I was in for 4 years (I was depressed, lonely, stressed, had thoughts of suicide, and was very angry in that time), I think that all of the stress is being released. I think that I am type shadowing. I am fine tuning for efficiency, applying logic to things rather than being empathetic, and I can occasionally say some very insensitive things, afterwards I always feel like hell, especially if the person takes it the wrong way- I don't MEAN it in that way! My Te has taken the front seat for me it seems.

So anyways, can anyone give me some advice? Does anyone know of a method or anything written about type shadowing? Something? It would be appreciated.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I don't have any formal information, but since when do I rely on something outside my own ideas?

I would say embrace and refine the use of it. From what you said I do see benefits. Take those while rejecting the faults that come with it. The position you're in sounds like you are coming to balance since an INFP is usually lacking in the things you claim to be experiencing. The shadow can be unsettling because it is unnatural, but it is how we supposedly mature.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
explicitly work on using your supposed-to-be-dominant functions...i wouldnt be the best person to ask how exactly unless its for a NeTi

been there done that kinda deal over here