• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You know you're Ni when...

Gauche

...ok I don't know when, that's why I made this thread.

so when?

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
People think you say completely random things, but that's only because they'd think you were certifiably crazy if you explained your internal thought process and how you got from idea A to idea B.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
You get an idea of how things will turn out in the near-future without effort.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...you can ju-jitsu someone to the ground with a blindfold on.

AAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEE-YAA!

R

Riva

people think you think too much. but the reality is others don't think enough but they don't know it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
you ask a hell of a lot of questions.

Well I admit that I do. (I presume you are talking to me)

The thing is that my mind is creating large amount of ideas and plains all the time and I can't stop it. Since this is who I am. So I ask a lot of question since I have a lot of ideas/concepts.

R

Riva

Well I admit that I do. (I presume you are talking to me)

The thing is that my mind is creating large amount of ideas and plains all the time and I can stop it. Since this is who I am. So I ask a lot of question since I have a lot of ideas.

lol.
actually i was talking about myself. not my role on this forum but my life experiences.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i think the slow sliding grinding sounds of nine inch nails and Marylin Manson match my world of staring into things with the desire to break and enter to another level of meaning. i hold onto one 'object' while i watch out for a random stream of associations. thats much like the temporal distortion of e-sounds.

i flinch from writing about the mysterious Ni. i would rather try and write about my own thought process, and leave it open, whether that is Ni. i would be more willing to write in a thread that asks: what is it like to be right brained and introverted. to summarize all introverted socionic perceivers.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
lol.
actually i was talking about myself. not my role on this forum but my life experiences.

Sorry but the comment looked like as if it was directed at me.
Btw I have repaired my last post. Now it makes more sense.

R

Riva

Sorry but the comment looked like as if it was directed at me.
Btw I have repaired my last post. Now it makes more sense.

ooooooops i realize it was my fault. i have said " you ask a lot of question ":D

by which i meant Ni s ask a lot of questions.:newwink:

Gauche

i think the slow sliding grinding sounds of nine inch nails and Marylin Manson match my world of staring into things with the desire to break and enter to another level of meaning. i hold onto one 'object' while i watch out for a random stream of associations. thats much like the temporal distortion of e-sounds.

i flinch from writing about the mysterious Ni. i would rather try and write about my own thought process, and leave it open, whether that is Ni. i would be more willing to write in a thread that asks: what is it like to be right brained and introverted. to summarize all introverted socionic perceivers.

imagine beginning of that movie, Gladiator, when he's running his hand over the wheat.. is this something like an Ni moment? like being in some magical reality, it's highly evocative, or something like that

what is the association between hemisphericity and introversion/extroversion, according to your theory?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Gauche said:
imagine beginning of that movie, Gladiator, when he's running his hand over the wheat.
i don't really see the connection. but since i had a dream that was a copy of that gladiator scene i made a blog post about it, so i have the images handy:

20080601%200067.jpg

20080601%200068.jpg

they are from the end. if they are shown at the beginning as well (don't remember), it makes the movie like "live passing by, during death", i guess.

nanook said:
what is it like to be right brained and introverted. to summarize all introverted socionic perceivers.
Gauche said:
what is the association between hemisphericity and introversion/extroversion
none. accoroding to braintypes.com introversion correlates with the back of the head.
but i know that i am "rightbrained" (AND 'coincidentally' introverted), AND there is a rumor on the internet, that perceivers are rightbrained. but i am not sure about this "iNtuition": someone at socioncs called it leftbrained. or maybe it's different for Ni and Ne. or it's just like looking "into" the right brain, but coming from left brain, or maybe its like that for enfj and entj ...

Gauche

none. accoroding to braintypes.com introversion correlates with the back of the head.
but i know that i am "rightbrained" (AND 'coincidentally' introverted), AND there is a rumor on the internet, that perceivers are rightbrained. but i am not sure about this "iNtuition": someone at socioncs called it leftbrained. or maybe it's different for Ni and Ne. or it's just like looking "into" the right brain, but coming from left brain, or maybe its like that for enfj and entj ...

Actually, I've once read a chic article somewhere on the internet correlating MBTI functions and hemisphericity. It put Se, Ne, Ti, Fi as right brained, and other four as left brained... according to this theory all perceivers are indeed right brained.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
my shot at weirdness:

you know you are weird, when you feel that you probably don't understand enough of anything until you are dead.

you quickly feel that you understand enough to share your insight with people (Fe inclines you to share), but never enough to let go of exploring, until you have totally transcended that subject.

you can rely on your insight personally, but (because of Fe responsibility) you would hate to tempt other people rely on the same insights, because your insights are obviously so off-normal, that you assume they are incompatible with their world or how they deal with the world. apparently they need to be superficial to live their lives and believe in their short term goals. Ni insights "seem" very unpractical.

you seek too become personal 'insight', rather than collecting little tools for a relative purpose.
that's not to say, purpose is not the directive for what you try to conquer. it's not a practical short term purpose, but an identity related one. (could include identity of tribe/country/human race)

you know you are weird, when you feel like you become topics that concern you. a bit like a method actor. you explore topics from the inside. you may tell people that you are gay, or a multiple personality, or a nazi (and you will pretty much believe it), just to discover whatever would come to you from being that - as inspiration, mostly from your self - what do these eyes see?. you go through phases. 1) highly skeptical 2) totally diving in (maybe feel like the devils advocate) 3) transcending the phase <- that is normal for everyone, but for you it's so obvious/conscious, because your learning process is who you are, it's more apparent than what you do. you also go through phases (ie weeks) of research; detached thinking while rejecting new info; creative writing or coding or participating; and aimless entertainment.

caution: there might be correlation with being weird and being iNsane.

deleted
Ni does actually have some psychic capability. And it's not all "voodoo" as some may think.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you seek too become personal 'insight', rather than collecting little tools for a relative purpose.
that's not to say, purpose is not the directive for what you try to conquer. it's not a practical short term purpose, but an identity related one. (could include identity of tribe/country/human race)

you know you are weird, when you feel like you become topics that concern you. a bit like a method actor. you explore topics from the inside. you may tell people that you are gay, or a multiple personality, or a nazi (and you will pretty much believe it), just to discover whatever would come from being that. you go through phases. 1) highly skeptical 2) totally diving in (maybe feel like the devils advocate) 3) transcending the phase <- that is normal for everyone, but for you it's so obvious/conscious, because your learning process is who you are, it's more apparent than what you do. you also go through phases (ie weeks) of research; detached thinking while rejecting new info; creative writing or coding or participating; and entertainment.

caution: there might be correlation with being weird and being iNsane.

omg. so true and so aptly put. thanks for your insight. i HAVE to go through the WHOLE convoluted and twisty and complex thang or i haven't sufficiently explored it for my psyche. this can be anything from making soap, to building friendship (or devolving friendship), to exploring relationship models in depth! i am a PURIST. others might just ask someone for help, or go to the store, or do what's usual and easiest, but not me. and it looks like this:

1) feel inspired
2) delve into research about subject
3) become amateur expert about subject
4) DO subject (haha sometimes literally.....couldn't resist, sorry)
5) tweak process for better efficiency
6) decide if it was worth it
7) usually it sticks if i've deemed it worthy of step 2
8) repeat this event when needed/desired
9) FEEL BORED
10)then, step 1 again

my latest interest (since my relationship explorations have taken a downward turn :cry: and gotten put on the back burner) is to build an abode in my woods, designed by myself, mostly for myself and built with my own two hands, inasmuch as possible, using local, natural and funky materials that reflect my nature. so, i'm in step 2 of that awaiting my books from amazon so i can study up on that. i have no skills in building at all, so this should keep me occupied for quite a while.........

i am weird, but they seem to love me anyway.............go figure

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ni does actually have some psychic capability. And it's not all "voodoo" as some may think.

Wouldn't call it psychic, to be honest. We just find patterns, see cause and effect, where others would not. And for some that comes concretely, for others abstractly. And when it comes abstractly it may seem supernatural.