• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You know you're Ni when...

deleted
Wouldn't call it psychic, to be honest. We just find patterns, see cause and effect, where others would not. And for some that comes concretely, for others abstractly. And when it comes abstractly it may seem supernatural.

No when it happens it is psychic. And I know when it happens and I know that I just perceived what someone thought.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That said I'm mostly Ne, but have a high developped Ni too according to tests. As far as tests can test it.

Anyhow, with people I know really well, family members, best friends, etc. I often know exactly what they think or how they respond to certain happenings and events. And have been known to pre-emptive strike at them with answers before they actually say the question. When this comes abruptly enough and cuts a new subject of conversation. It usually comes across as them believing I can read their thoughts.

But I just experience it as knowing how the people around me respond and recognizing it swiftly and with great ease.

You may call it psychic, I won't argue with you about that, but I experience it quite differently. :p

nanook

a scream in a vortex
[....when] you would rather be a Profiler than a Deanna Troy kind of empath, because you have process/character "empathy/retracing", and it's optional to evoke emotional depth (emotional empathy) at all, when you imagine a character. it's secondary. a byproduct of the understanding, not it's initial ground.

deleted
That said I'm mostly Ne, but have a high developped Ni too according to tests. As far as tests can test it.

Anyhow, with people I know really well, family members, best friends, etc. I often know exactly what they think or how they respond to certain happenings and events. And have been known to pre-emptive strike at them with answers before they actually say the question. When this comes abruptly enough and cuts a new subject of conversation. It usually comes across as them believing I can read their thoughts.

But I just experience it as knowing how the people around me respond and recognizing it swiftly and with great ease.

You may call it psychic, I won't argue with you about that, but I experience it quite differently. :p

Honestly sounds like Ne.

nanook

a scream in a vortex

[...when] looking at an image like this, feels much the same as looking at a portrait of a person, because you breath in the atmosphere and search the character of anything in the big picture of it's history/life. how it came to be what it is. rather than looking at how it's currently relating to it's current situation. everything is a manifestation of a spirit/character. of many layers of character. a picture of a current situation emphasizes one of these layers. therefore it always implies history and future. the intrinsic story.

i feel very strongly about such things, that are out of the moment and out of any practical implications. breathing in pictures = feeling the world. my feeling is oceanic, there. It is where my feeling is free, which some of you would call Fi, but i don't think so, because it is not subject to censorship or emphasis (evaluation) of Fe OR Fi values. so it's unbound, impersonal, shadow feeling. it's not related to "me" "wanting" anything, to a personal concrete motivation. It is just indicative of what is. a representation. so this feeling never tells me anything about "how i relate to anything". there is no I in it. it does not make "me feel" about it (as if i was doing something to it). it just feels that way. but as soon as feelings have personal implications (intentions), they will be restricted by Fe values and then i can hardly tell anything about them any more, unless they are welcome to Fe, but feelings about a ruin make no sense to Fe, so they are not. since all labels for emotions are implying that emotions are a representation of personal need (Fi), I can not relate to those labels. i can never label the feelings that i have about the world and live and all that. if you ask me to label anything, you ask me to but an Fi grid on the ocean. if i actually do that, the ocean will disappear in the Fi grid, because my Fi grid is hidden behind my Fe dominance, thus largely invisible to me. i feel numb immediately. the world seems somehow sad (infinity), but it's not me who is sad. i carry the world's sadness, if i care to. i feel that it is aggressive (shiva), which fears me a lot, but that feeling of aggression is not mine, and it's not anyones, so labeling it aggression would be an inappropriate personification. it's all just atmosphere. whatever i personally feel about the war is so insignificant, compared to how the war feels to the world, that i can hardly look at it.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ni does actually have some psychic capability. And it's not all "voodoo" as some may think.

Agreed. My "psychic capability" seems to have been getting stronger recently. At work, I've been getting brief, but highly accurate visions, which relate to the results of my forensic casework. It happened today - a specific number popped into my head (98.11), and then a few seconds later that number appeared as the result of a correlation search by an analytical instrument.

I confided in a colleague as a control experiment last week. I told her what specific results I was expecting for a number of cases before our machines had finished testing them. Every result came out exactly as I had predicted it! If only I could convince the law courts to accept my Ni visions as evidence - it would make my job so much easier!

Qre:us

* when you think a main criterion for renting out a place/looking for a rented place that's shared with others, is to guage the 'vibe' of the others. Oh no, it's not just mere surface level niceness...oh no...it's a 'vibe'.

(response of INFJ bf when I complained about the initial shadiness of my new roomie, "Didn't you get a vibe from her when you met her? Why would you rent there?"

Err.....say, what?!)

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you're Ni when... you have a theory to explain everything.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
* when you think a main criterion for renting out a place/looking for a rented place that's shared with others, is to guage the 'vibe' of the others. Oh no, it's not just mere surface level niceness...oh no...it's a 'vibe'.

(response of INFJ bf when I complained about the initial shadiness of my new roomie, "Didn't you get a vibe from her when you met her? Why would you rent there?"

Err.....say, what?!)

How could anyone not do this when assessing potential roomies?:huh:

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
you are mulling over some problem and then while you are doing something else the answer to the problem comes out of the blue perfectly clear.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes! And sometimes you're just sitting there quietly among other people when it hits you and your head jerks up and you exclaim "OH! It's such and such!" and people look at you. "She shouts random things. .."

deleted
You know you're Ni when you get the answer once you stop thinking about it, or think about something different like Taylor said.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
When you get a sense of your future relations with a person about 30 seconds after meeting them. This is definitely magnified and defined (in a black or white sense) if the Ni user has a active use of Fi. *shutters*

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I've once read a chic article somewhere on the internet correlating MBTI functions and hemisphericity. It put Se, Ne, Ti, Fi as right brained, and other four as left brained... according to this theory all perceivers are indeed right brained.

None of the type functions can be truly be said to be located in a specific part of the brain. However, each function draws upon certain brain functions which are known to be located in a particaular hemisphere or region. Introverted perceiving functions (Si and Ni) are intimately associated with the language centres of the brain, which are located in the left hemisphere. Likewise, extraverted judging functions are associated with the brain's executive control centres, which are located in the front of the left hemisphere. For this reason, All J-types are said to be more left-brained than P-types, who tend to favour right-brain processes. For more information, check out this article:

http://www.greatlakesapt.org/uploads/media/beebe1.PDF

deleted
You know you're Ni when you know that you don't know more than most people know that they don't know.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i had limited patience with reading beebe and dont remember much from braintypes, but to me it seems, that they assume the functions and the function order to be correct and then they map them to the brain. to put it differently, they map for example the introverted dichotomy judger (as he is live and kicking) to his brain according to how the brain could explain his actual behavior in terms other than functions, and later map the functions that they contribute to the judger (Pi+Je) in an equal manner. so they would say, that the brain tells something about what the functions are, after mapping them arbitrary. if they had mapped the functions (letters) differently, the brain would lead to different assumptions about the functions/letters. so a lot of that is thesis and not much of it is proof for any thesis. the bottom line is only, that there is some potential compatibility between the idea of 8 functions and the brain, meaning that you can invent plenty of compatible theses. braintypes.com does not work with functions as well, as far as i remember, but only with dichotomies.