• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sum up each type into a few sentences or words

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
By the way, you should capitalize "I" when using it as a personal pronoun. And use an apostrophe in "it's" when it's a contraction of "it is," but not when it indicates possession. Also, "ain't" is not a word.

Thank you ever so much for pointing that out .. i will be sure to put grammer/spellings on my list of priorities .. right at the bottom. ;)

deleted
I guess these are all jokes, because I don't find any one of these true about me.

This one was at least funny and with good intentions:
INTJ- These mindless drones are amusing. I could crush them but perhaps I'll let them live. They may be useful.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do behave a particular way when in public .. but then i can also push the boundaries ..

If i looked good to others then -
Dad - I would have a house and pension sorted (i have neither and ain't worried)
Mother - I would be emotionally stable and want to live close to the family (i dont need my family .. i choose to have them around).
Brother - I would be a party animal piss head.
Sister - I wouldn't of got married in the first place as it always ends in divorce.

I really don't give a damn what others think of me .. its my life and i have to deal with the consequences of my actions.

Even though you don't see this in SJ descriptions, I do believe they have a bit of a rebellious streak at times. In FIRO-B, what I believe is the corresponding behavior set is called "the Rebel". When people push them too much, they will get tired of having their own boundaries crossed so much (which would tie into Si's need for familiarity, closure and structure), and then lash out and do their own thing. Being a party animal certainly goes against their needs, though in the case of an ESFJ, the ESF (Get Things Going or Sanguine) part of it might push them to be a party animal. They will then weigh back and forth. Marriage ending in divorce is also a knowledge coming from Si.

Still, ESFJ is a dominant Fe type, and the Fe is what cares about people and public appropriateness, hence looking good before them. So it seems that it is the Si that pushes them away from what people think, while the Fe pushes them toward that.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was looking through my old notes on type for the acronyms I had found years ago, and see they match the ones lemons posted on the acronyms thread. But with it, I also had taken down prayers of each of the types:

Prayers for MBTI Types

ISTJ: Lord, help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 11:41.23a.m. EST.
ISTP: God, help me to consider people's feelings, even if most of them ARE hypersensitive.
ESTP: God, help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though they're usually NOT my fault.
ESTJ: God,help me to not try to RUN everything. But, if You need some help, just ask.
ISFJ: Lord, help me to be more laid back and help me to do it EXACTLY right.
ISFP: Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if you don't mind my asking).
ESFP: God, help me to take things more seriously, especially parties and dancing.
ESFJ: God, give me patience, and I mean right NOW.
INFJ: Lord, help me not be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)
INFP: God, help me to finish everything I sta
ENFP: God, help me to keep my mind on one th-Lookabird-ing at a time.
ENFJ: God, help me to do only what I can and trust you for the rest. Do you mind putting that in writing?
INTJ: Lord, keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.
INTP: Lord, help me be less independent, but let me do it my way.
ENTP: Lord, help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I'll settle for a few minutes.
ENTJ: Lord, help me s l o w d o w n a n d n o t r u s h t h r o u g h w h a t I d o .

A m e n .

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
ESFJ: God, give me patience, and I mean right NOW.

Spot on. ;)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ: God,help me to not try to RUN everything. But, if You need some help, just ask.

Didja mean ESTJ hun?

Edit: OMG OMG. Self-fulfilling prophetess...
"INFJ: Lord, help me not be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)"

Last edited:

Frank

For ESFJ, I would say, not status (which would probably be more of a T thing), but still, nevertheless looking good to others.

Looking good to others is accurate in my experience and also control. I was married to one and she was actually way more controlling than me. My need for control was focused more around my investments and ventures where as she subtly seeked to control others. She even tried to control me :shock: Needless to say we are divorced now. I remember when we bought our first rental property. The power trip she went on was amazing. It meant nothing to me what the tenants thought of me personally as long as the rent was paid and the property not destroyed. She had a visible need to be their superior. Maybe this isn't typical of the type. Maybe she was damaged. I don't know

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The irony is that with my wife and I, using the Galen temperaments with the FIRO-based system, I'm the "Choleric in Control" (Mission Impossible), which has the reputation of being controlling and crossing others' boudaries, while she's the Melancholy in Control (Rebel), whose motto is "I don't control you, so don't you control me". So she's always calling me controling and overstepping her boundaries. However, when the Melancholy in conntrol or Guardian is on their own turf (such as the house or relationship), then, they become very controlling! Their low "wanted Control" is the same as that of a Choleric (which I believe corresponds to the Structure Focus of Berens model), so they're just as critical. The low expressed Control simply means they do not approach others to control them. But if you approach them (such as marrying them, being born to them, being employed by them, etc), then it's a whole different story! And an ESFJ is an extrovert (high expressed inclusion) so they do approach you on the surface personal level as well. With your ex, maybe it had to do with the social environment being her turf. With my wife, it's not about being "superior", but nevertheless being the perfect host, with the house as nice as possible.
My tendency to "control" is actually tempered by being I and [N]P.

Didja mean ESTJ hun?

Edit: OMG OMG. Self-fulfilling prophetess...
"INFJ: Lord, help me not be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)"

Fixed. Don't even know how that happened.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
God: give me the power to excrete rainbows and flowers@!@!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Looking good to others is accurate in my experience and also control. I was married to one and she was actually way more controlling than me. My need for control was focused more around my investments and ventures where as she subtly seeked to control others. She even tried to control me :shock: Needless to say we are divorced now. I remember when we bought our first rental property. The power trip she went on was amazing. It meant nothing to me what the tenants thought of me personally as long as the rent was paid and the property not destroyed. She had a visible need to be their superior. Maybe this isn't typical of the type. Maybe she was damaged. I don't know

Well we are all damaged in some way .. truth be told .. You are right about the control (i think it was a coping mechanism for me not to get hurt and still i did, so that doesn't work).. i did control as much of my surroundings as much as possible .. but i don't think i did regarding my soon to be ex husband .. i pushed him to excel himself, to try and think outside the box, and he did better himself i think .. i don't know, maybe pushing someone and control may seem similar .. i just saw his potential whereas he didn't .. i have never seen myself as anyone's superior .. my shit stinks just like everybody else's .. i've screwed up and made mistakes .. so i don't deserve to go on any pedestal .. i think it is only when the shit hits the fan and all those walls come crashing down .. that you really open up to new idea's. That was the case for me anyway. ;)