• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If I were to make my own functions theory

deleted
so basically I hope you give a better explanation later :huh:

My understanding is that Fi would be me relating to F and Fe would be me liking that in others?

I think that's it.

Example, if someone is really nice to me and I find that offensive a lot, I'd probably not have very strong Fe. If I had a lack of emotion then I would have weak Fi, not necessarily strong Ti. If I love insights then I'd have strong Ne, if I have insights occasionally or strongly then I'd have strong Ni, even if I don't appreciate where they come from. If I'm strongly attracted to logic even if I suck at it, then I'd have high Te.

If I both relate to logic, thus am good with it, and I am attracted to it, then I'd have both Ti and Te.

These aren't examples though. Eh.

What I'm lacking now is how these categorizations manifest real examples or definitions. I lack Si.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Got it. I'm at a vending machine before i am born and i get to chose who i am and will be yet i still am what i was in the first place making my choice influence who i would like to be. Easy.

NE>SE>TI>FE>SI>NI

deleted
A decent example is math. I hate doing math, but I'm really good at it. This doesn't effect me actualizing it because I have a need to express it, even if its not with people.

If that somehow relates to T, then I'd say I have high Ti and low Te.

deleted
Feeling. I relate to it yet I don't try to relate with it so much, probably because I don't like getting involved. I don't appreciate the feelings of others running around so much, because that would cause me to actualize too much. I think it's the same way with Logic.

This theory might say that like introversion, extroversion IS an idea, but the idea is that you enjoy it, and you have an ongoing process that continuously enjoys it, like a robot setting, and not only enjoying goes along with intaking it. The introverted idea would be that your setting is designed for piecing the objects together and organizing or defining the subject in your own way.

You can enjoy something and intake it, though you don't necessarily piece it together.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ti > Ne > Te > Ni > Fe > Si > Fi > Se

Maybe.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Does not understand your explanation of the difference between attraction and actualization. Can you actualize something without liking it (attracted to it). If so, does actualization means something that occurs unconsciously? But attraction can also be unconscious. What is the divide?

deleted
The idea is that you wouldn't actualize it if its already actualized. When you actualize something doesn't mean that you are attracted to it. I do that all the time. Intuitions come about but I'm not really attracted to them.

deleted
If so, does actualization means something that occurs unconsciously? But attraction can also be unconscious. What is the divide?

I really don't understand your question. It doesn't make sense to me. Unconscious is such a broad topic and has nothing to do with the categorization of actualizing or being attracted to something.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think what lemons is saying here is:

Attracted - you are attracted to a particular function (N for example) in another person. So write down Ne.

Actualized - you have this function within you (N for example). So write down Ni. Basically I'm thinking actualized means this is in you.

Is this right, lemons?

deleted
It is always in you and its understanding is being recognized is a good way to put I, however E wouldn't necessarily mean it is attractive in others, but attractive anywhere, even in you. Both can be in you.

I - Always in you, but its understanding can previously come from outer sources.
It is the subject.
E - Doesn't have to be in you, doesn't have to be in others either.
It is the source. A source of entertainment. A source of information.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
But there are certain attributes of MBTI that are attractive in others that I don't find attractive in me.

G

garbage

Interesting concept.

"Most me": Ne > Te > Fi > Se > Ti > Ni > Fe > Si

That pretty well describes my function order, too.

I must say, it looks.. too symmetrical..

Edit:

No I'm not referring to the normal functions. I'm referring to the four (feeling sensing intuition and thinking)

If you're attracted to thinking lets say, you put down Te, though if you're actualized by thinking, you put Ti.

The mix up of Fe and Fi makes me think you did the whole thing with the wrong frame.

Oh.

So... N > T > F > S.

Or Ne > Te > Fi > Se.

Whatever. Pick whichever of these you're actually after.

No matter exactly which outline you're looking for, I must say that, for me, the functions I'm good at are also the ones I'm attracted to and "like." Si is my worst function, and I mostly hate it, too.

deleted
Also when someone says something hypathetical as a joke, then it relates to the E function, because they're not serious about actualizing it. If they were serious, its idea would not have been so out there. This concept doesn't go any deeper than that though. You could be flaunting for other reasons unrelated to the joke.

deleted
Interesting concept.

"Most me": Ne > Te > Fi > Se > Ti > Ni > Fe > Si

That pretty well describes my function order, too.

I must say, it looks.. too symmetrical..

Edit:

Oh.

So... N > T > F > S.

Or Ne > Te > Fi > Se.

Whatever. Pick whichever of these you're actually after.

No matter exactly which outline you're looking for, I must say that, for me, the functions I'm good at are also the ones I'm attracted to and "like." Si is my worst function, and I mostly hate it, too.

No like I already said, if you're actualizing N its called Ni and if you're attracted to it then its Ne.

deleted
So I guess...

Fi
Te
Ni
Se

I dunno, this is all kinda weird. I feel both attracted to (within myself) and actualized by most of the active functions in me.

If that's really the case then I guess that's the order. Fi Fe Ni Ne... something like that?