• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If I were to make my own functions theory

deleted
I'd want the elements to be divided into two classifications: attraction and actualization. Thus far I find no direct connection to the two. This isn't how the current cognitive function theory lays out, but I would want to do this as an experiment at least.

So do me a favor and post your function order by these new standards. If you're attracted to feeling (presumably in others) then list "Fe", and it doesn't necessarily mean that attraction brings out your feelings but that you are likely to appreciate that kind of element. Let's say you're attracted to it in yourself but not in others, then you would still list the extroverted version, because the idea springs from visible sources rather than the subject of it. If your actualized by feeling, that you would relate with it and internalize about it then you should list "Fi." Also relating to it and internalizing about it should not mean you're necessarily attracted to it, that if you are you would list the extroverted version.

Actually list all of these functions in order from most you to least you.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Could you explain a bit further what you mean by actualization and attraction?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So if I am getting this right... Fi will be first since I am actualized by feelings, Ti is second because I am actualized by what makes sense, Te third because i am highly attracted to that in people, Si because I am actualized by the concrete, Ni because I am actualized by intuition, and so on?

deleted
Could you explain a bit further what you mean by actualization and attraction?

I don't want to have to explain it in a way that would make me say something off base. If you strongly relate with something you would be urged to realize it, and that should try to be within the element of actualization. Attraction is more of an entertainment aspect, or a way of fueling one could say. Actualization may be more within the realm of life passion, though I'm not sure about that one.

I feel kind of out of wack at this current moment, I apologize. It might be all the bright light.

deleted
So if I am getting this right... Fi will be first since I am actualized by feelings, Ti is second because I am actualized by what makes sense, Te third because i am highly attracted to that in people, Si because I am actualized by the concrete, Ni because I am actualized by intuition, and so on?

Make sure it is correct though, that you're actually actualized by what makes sense etc., and you should list it out.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So are we ordering the functions by how much they matter to us? Like for me by this standard...

Fi=Ti>Te>Si=Ni>Se=Ne>Fe?

^Actually that sucks... trying again.

deleted
So are we ordering the functions by how much they matter to us? Like for me by this standard...

Fi=Ti>Te>Si=Ni>Se=Ne>Fe?

More so how true it is of you. As long as you're sure about that order, and E doesn't have to be about people.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't want to have to explain it in a way that would make me say something off base. If you strongly relate with something you would be urged to realize it, and that should try to be within the element of actualization. Attraction is more of an entertainment aspect, or a way of fueling one could say. Actualization may be more within the realm of life passion.

Ok... I think I get it.

So basically..... In somewhat of an order:

Ti - Actualized
Ne - Attraction
Ni - Actualized
Te - Attraction
Fe - Actualized
Fi - Attraction
Si - Actualized
Se - Attraction

Hmm.... maybe. I don't know. Ya screw this list.

Honestly, the more you explain, the more accurate I can be.

deleted
Ok... I think I get it.

So basically..... In somewhat of an order:

Ti - Actualized
Ne - Attraction
Ni - Actualized
Te - Attraction
Fe - Actualized
Fi - Attraction
Si - Actualized
Se - Attraction

No I'm not referring to the normal functions. I'm referring to the four (feeling sensing intuition and thinking)

If you're attracted to thinking lets say, you put down Te, though if you're actualized by thinking, you put Ti.

The mix up of Fe and Fi makes me think you did the whole thing with the wrong frame.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
No I'm not referring to the normal functions. I'm referring to the four (feeling sensing intuition and thinking)

If you're attracted to thinking lets say, you put down Te, though if you're actualized by thinking, you put Ti.

oic

edit to counter your edit:
The mix up of Fe and Fi makes me think you did the whole thing with the wrong frame.

Stuff basically.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:rofl1: The more you talk about it lemons the more I'm confused. You need to give us an example I think.

deleted
You may be confused by the lack of information, and that you should be willing to improvise on. I mean you're the one who uses Ne, not me. However if there is something not understood that needs clarification, please quote it for me. Thanks.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
You may be confused by the lack of information, and that you should be willing to improvise on. I mean you're the one who uses Ne, not me. However if there is something not understood that needs clarification, please quote it for me. Thanks.

I am improvising. If I wasn't willing to, I wouldn't be posting in this thread. ;)

deleted
I am improvising. If I wasn't willing to, I wouldn't be posting in this thread. ;)

Oh yay. Smart people. Ok cool, thanks.

I closed some windows. Hopefully the sunlight won't creep around to the other window.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I guess...

Fi
Te
Ni
Se

I dunno, this is all kinda weird. I feel both attracted to (within myself) and actualized by most of the active functions in me.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
so basically I hope you give a better explanation later :huh:

My understanding is that Fi would be me relating to F and Fe would be me liking that in others?

deleted
So I guess...

Fi
Te
Ni
Se

I dunno, this is all kinda weird. I feel both attracted to (within myself) and actualized by most of the active functions in me.

Well right now I'm dizzy from all the bright light circling my skull, so I can't provide some kind of excuse. But I was hoping it would come off even weirder than MBTI, especially without all the sensor type definitions.