• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hey Feelers (or anyone)

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Do you know a Thinker who has changed your life in an emotional way? Or one who has affected you as a person by doing something other than feeding you information? The more I study music, the more I believe in subjective understanding. But I'm a T. How is this possible? Anyone here in this boat?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have known a few Ts who I have admired greatly due to the way they have handled their emotions. The MOST influencial person in my life was a T and this was definitely one of the many things I admired about him... that and his courage and general spirit. The posture that he held through his life

S

Sniffles

Do you know a Thinker who has changed your life in an emotional way?
Yes I can think of one, although the way she changed my life emotionally wasn't exactly in a positive direction.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh and did I mention that I admire their strength of character too :D

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh and did I mention that I admire their strength of character too :D

See, I don't see that as a good thing. I don't see it as "handling emotions well." I see it as not having emotions to begin with.

G

garbage

Yes I can think of one, although the way she changed my life emotionally wasn't exactly in a positive direction.

Yeah this for me too

Quite often a strong thinker's emotional advice revolves around pretending like your emotions don't exist

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thinkers are perfectly capable of providing emotional support, and I appreciate the point of view and where they are coming from in that department. I'd say about half of the people that have influenced me emotionally have been thinkers.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yeah this for me too

Quite often a strong thinker's emotional advice revolves around pretending like your emotions don't exist

That is so true it isn't funny

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Do you know a Thinker who has changed your life in an emotional way? Or one who has affected you as a person by doing something other than feeding you information? The more I study music, the more I believe in subjective understanding. But I'm a T. How is this possible? Anyone here in this boat?

My husband (INTJ) has finally changed my life in a emotional kind of way .. now its over ..I always saw his views on everything as a poke on my character as he seemed so emotionless whereas i am so emotional .. now having had time to analyze the marriage .. i realise just how he was trying to help me .. it wasn't that he was trying to remove my emotional thinking but try and make me realise i needed to be a little less emotional and a little more rational ..

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My SO has been a source of inspiration for me. I've learned a lot through him and from him. The long time we've been together hasn't been without its obstacles and I was able to learn from that emotionally, because he, unlike so many others, gave me the patience and space without judgement to wrestle through it. I don't learn when I feel pressured, I just hide. He made sure I didn't have to. He has the uncanny ability to soothe me and organize my world, even my emotions, so I can actually deal with it.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
I have been friends with a few T's who have been very kind and patient with me. They changed my life because they helped me feel like I wasn't stupid and encouraged me to feel comfortable stepping out and learning to develop my thinking.