• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hypothesis about Ti vs. Te writing styles

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i am just not working with definitions (like memorized formulars that i can recall), so i cant deal with such questions. i am writing from a flow of inspirations. i can not think of anything to add for further clarification. i will certainly come up with further examples, that portray the patterns (i mean, later in my life....). i believe, inspiration is mostly the other way round for me: examples make patterns emerge. i dont create examples from forumlas/deffinitions. but patterns purify given examples. patterns are like significants to exemplary memories, but this is a weak connection. patterns are significants to creativity (like inventing memories). but i cant force it.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
i am just not working with definitions (like memorized formulars that i can recall), so i cant deal with such questions. i am writing from a flow of inspirations. i can not think of anything to add for further clarification. i will certainly come up with further examples, that portray the patterns (i mean, late in my life....). i believe, inspiration is mostly the other way round for me: examples make patterns emerge. i dont create examples from forumlas/deffinitions. but patterns purify given examples. patterns are like significants to exemplary memories, but this is a weak connection. patterns are significants to creativity. but i cant force it.

I see. Well, then continue on, good sir. I'll respond later (or not, if I forget) when one, I'm less tired, and two, I understand your position more.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
I wish I could write with more Te. I'm a slave to Ti. I love reading the writing of ENTJ's in particular.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
The most common reaction I get to my writing is, gee whiz, each paragraph could be an article in itself -- and then it just... ends?

Oh yeah, I say. I hit my word limit.

lane777

nevermore
Yep, my lack of Te is probably the reason why I'm so reserved; why bother saying something if it won't be understood? :( If I feel it's worth the time/effort, I can spend up to 30 minutes writing a few paragraphs, which is absolutely necessary to make it cohesive and understandable.

I wish I could write with more Te. I'm a slave to Ti. I love reading the writing of ENTJ's in particular.

Yes, they're excellent communicators, which is their most intimidating aspect, imo; Their exceptional Te shames me - makes me even more self conscious of my wacky Ti.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Is it possible to have both, then? Everything I write, just about, is technical, precise, and to the point. Very list-like. However, some of the things I write can only be understood by either myself, or someone who uses (or understands) my terminology.

Sounds like both, to me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems like the Te factual writing style resembles essay form: Thesis, Supporting evidence, Conclusion, all organized into one tight package.

But Ti reads more like a chapter in a Math or Science book: Factoid, example, Hypothesis, Theorem, Corollary...not particularly leading anywhere, but a bunch of information in chunks that you can basically take in any order.

I know it was clear to me when I was studying religious apologetics.

• Te, yes -- very much a tight little package, with focus on details.
  • Ti -- a more conceptual argument, with less emphasis on specific details, it works in mental algebra rather than hard math. The logic connections/arguments occur between the conceptual points, not the hard detail.

G

Glycerine

No wonder why I have an extremely difficult time writing papers. My NiTi go overboard.