• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what type are you? [site demographics]

What type are you?

• INTP

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • INTJ

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • INFJ

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • ISTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFP

• ISTJ

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • ISFJ

• ENTP

• ENTJ

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • ENFP

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • ENFJ

• ESTP

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • ESTJ

• ESFJ

• Total voters

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
I read in a book that a study was done by Myers that involved ONLY 399 people [all 11th-12th grade students from the same school] and 26.9% were Introverts. However there was a study in 1998 and another done in 2001 with a much larger amount [ 3,009 randomly selected for the '98 study and 1,378 for the '01 study, also randomly selected.] that ended with 57% Introverts.

The initial study done by myers has been quoted numerous times in various texts without pointing out the exact figures where the study comes from nor any mention of the 1998 or 2001 studies [which, I remind you, had MORE people that were chosen at random].

So I'm curious as to what the demographics are HERE.

file cabinet

i ran a query to find this out about a month ago...

a user's type isn't a required field, but for those who did fill it in, this is what it says:
Code:
| ENFJ |    62 |
| ENFP |   266 |
| ENTJ |    69 |
| ENTP |   170 |
| ENXP |     6 |
| ESFJ |    11 |
| ESFP |    16 |
| ESTJ |    16 |
| ESTP |    19 |
| INFJ |   396 |
| INFP |   438 |
| INFX |    13 |
| INTJ |   403 |
| INTP |   614 |
| INTX |    16 |
| INXJ |    12 |
| INXP |    38 |
| INXX |    10 |
| ISFJ |    55 |
| ISFP |    47 |
| ISTJ |    62 |
| ISTP |    69 |

INTP's may be overrepresented since Typology Central was first announced on the already established INTP Central forum.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Just don't expect it to be anything close to reality. There is a definite imbalance of types that show an interest in MBTI and post on forums about it.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
i ran a query to find this out about a month ago...

a user's type isn't a required field, but for those who did fill it in, this is what it says:
Code:
| ENFJ |    62 |
| ENFP |   266 |
| ENTJ |    69 |
| ENTP |   170 |
| ENXP |     6 |
| ESFJ |    11 |
| ESFP |    16 |
| ESTJ |    16 |
| ESTP |    19 |
| INFJ |   396 |
| INFP |   438 |
| INFX |    13 |
| INTJ |   403 |
| INTP |   614 |
| INTX |    16 |
| INXJ |    12 |
| INXP |    38 |
| INXX |    10 |
| ISFJ |    55 |
| ISFP |    47 |
| ISTJ |    62 |
| ISTP |    69 |

INTP's may be overrepresented since Typology Central was first announced on the already established INTP Central forum.

YOU're fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
And thus my thread is no longer important.

Never thought that things HERE would be balanced out the way things really are in the world since an internet message board, in theory, should be more attractive to an introvert not to mention that I find more NT's into typology than anything.

If you by chance know anything about the 2001 and 98 study's that'd be a sweet ass shortcut to information I'm about to go and find. I notice that INTJ's and INFP's and no where near 1% of the population since I meet so many of them in real life.

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
I read in a book that a study was done by Myers that involved ONLY 399 people [all 11th-12th grade students from the same school] and 26.9% were Introverts. However there was a study in 1998 and another done in 2001 with a much larger amount [ 3,009 randomly selected for the '98 study and 1,378 for the '01 study, also randomly selected.] that ended with 57% Introverts.

The initial study done by myers has been quoted numerous times in various texts without pointing out the exact figures where the study comes from nor any mention of the 1998 or 2001 studies [which, I remind you, had MORE people that were chosen at random].

So I'm curious as to what the demographics are HERE.

A book called Introvert Power referenced the latter study. It's weird how the more recent data is so obscured isn't it? I looked myself and was hard pressed to find anything saying that introverts were not outnumbered. It seems really biased to me.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
A book called Introvert Power referenced the latter study. It's weird how the more recent data is so obscured isn't it? I looked myself and was hard pressed to find anything saying that introverts were not outnumbered. It seems really biased to me.

I'm reading that book, that's where I got the information for the first post. I should fish around in the book and see if it has anything.

deleted
How so? It doesn't tell you which members are active.

Good point, but how many of the active members are going to vote on this? Right now I see 32.

You can query with limitations like posts and last login etc. I would do it the correct way.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you by chance know anything about the 2001 and 98 study's that'd be a sweet ass shortcut to information I'm about to go and find. I notice that INTJ's and INFP's and no where near 1% of the population since I meet so many of them in real life.

I hardly meet them at all....same for introverts. I must live in the land of ESxx people...