• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MTBI and genes! Forming a genetic theory...

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Theory one:
All preferences as multiple-allele, J vs. P with P being recessive, S vs. N with N being recessive, F vs. T with T recessive, E vs. I with I being recessive. Though, the only preference where I can see evidence of one being recessive is N. Also, maybe T vs. F is tied to gender.
Bull! I don't think there's a recessive vs dominance in any of the letter preferences... For sure I/E isn't dominant recessive. There's a heavy genetic component, but introversion is not recessive. It's more like a graded co-dominance. Kind of like height :)

Theory Two:
All functions multiple allele, with expression of function being recessive.
What do you mean by expression of function being recessive? I'm confused...

Snow Turtle

There's something strangely disturbing that my personality is mostly hardwired. Damn it. Freeeeeeeeee meeeeeeeee!

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
My family:

Me: (probably) eNfP
Father: eNtJ
Mother: iSFp

Mother's side:
Grandfather: ?STJ (died when I was 6, never really knew him, always seemed to be a ?STJ when my mom told about him)
Grandmother: I?FP
Uncle: ESTP
Aunt: ESFJ

Father's side:
Grandfather: E?Fp? (can't remeber, he died when I was 3 years old, but when my dad tells about him, he seems like a E?Fp to me)
Grandmother: ESFJ
Aunt 1: ESFP
Aunt 2: E??J? (she's hard to type)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting thread. I thought the only preference tied to biology would be Introvert-Extravert, and all the rest were developmental. Especially T vs. F.

Why esp T vs F when you then go on to rightly note that there are strong gender diffs?

Crudely, T = "male-brained"
F = "female-brained"

There is evidence to suggest that higher levels of testosterone in the mother's womb will lead to development of a "male-brain". Even in a female.

These levels are predominantly genetically determined ( in the mother) although the effect is an environmental one ( but not strictly nurture).

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i am: ENXP (F>=T)
mother: ENFJ
father: INTP (i reckon)

father's side unknown,

mother's side:
father: ENXJ (T>=F)
mother: IXFJ

aunt: ISFJ
uncle: EXXP (not sure)
(female) cousin: EXFJ (S>=N)
cousin's fiancee: ISFP

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
as an additional note, i'm currently theorizing how much a child can be brainwashed before the brain has finished hardwiring itself.

sculpting

There is evidence to suggest that higher levels of testosterone in the mother's womb will lead to development of a "male-brain". Even in a female.

These levels are predominantly genetically determined ( in the mother) although the effect is an environmental one ( but not strictly nurture).

I red this thoery once in an evolutionary psych book-that stress during moms pregnancy causes testosterone levels to decline, thus a boy babay could be a boy, but have a more girl-like brain, and the opposite could as well.

Also another cool Nature paper looking at Thinker-Feeler (they called it male-female) diffs in brain structure, by looking at a survey measure of empathy vs a survey measure of analytical IQ and coorelating with braoin structural diffs on ave in populations.

On one extreme was aspergers and austism, where increases in the white matter can be seen, and the other extreme was increased corpus collusum interconnectivity in femals (on average).

The paper was pretty interesting however I very likely muddled the description as I have forgotten most everything I ever knew...

points to a heck of a lot of nature but with epigenetic/biological inflnces playing a role as well,

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^The Essential Difference: male and female brains and the truth about autism.
~Simon Baron-Cohen

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Mom-ESTJ
Dad-ESTP
Older brother-INTJ
Older sister-ESTJ
Twin sister-ISFP
Me-ENTP

I am fairly certain about all of these types.
I'm not sure how much of it is due to heredity.

I just know that when there's conflict, my twin sister is the first one to get overemotional..my mom and dad have a classic Guardian/Artisan relationship.

My mom wants to plan everything and is a neat freak while my dad prefers to wing it and is more disorganized. My mom disapproves of a lot more but my dad has more of a temper while my mom will disapprove in a calm and stern manner- so yea- don't get on either parent's bad side.. but if I want to do something fun, I'll ask my dad first.

This is kind of fun.
Let's see for other family members.

Mother's Side
Maternal grandmother: ISFJ
Maternal grandfather (deceased): ISFP or ESFP (I lean towards ESFP- he seemed more ISFP but I realize due to his older age- he simply didn't feel like doing as much anymore and spent a lot of time by himself watching TV.)

Aunt-ESFJ
Ex-husband- ENFP
Adopted Cousin-ESFP

Aunt-ISFJ
Uncle-ESFP
Male Cousin #1-ESTP
Female Cousin #1-ESFJ
Female Cousin #2-ESFP

I don't know anyone on my father's side too well.
I only met his brother and his family once. I'd say a family of somewhat snobbish Guardians.
His brother could be a Rational or Artisan- since he quit his high-paying job as a lawyer because he was just so much smarter than everyone else... but as an ENTP, I wouldn't quit a sweet job simply because I thought the people I worked with were 'beneath me'- that seems to be an irrational decision.. he now is in charge of a smaller firm (which is great) but the reasons he left show somewhat of an arrogant side..
Knowing my dad, who doesn't like or trust people who put on airs, I could see why they drifted apart..
The only person my dad was close to from his family was his dad who passed away three months before I was born. His mom passed away when he was a teenager. However, from what I heard about him and seeing him in home videos, my guess would be ENTP.