• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type bias

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
This probably isn't threadworthy, but I'm curious... Do you see your own type as a benchmark in the MBTI? I see INTP as a black sheep, cause we are pretty weird after all. But, that could just be bias. Any thoughts?

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I see ENTJs as head sheep of the flock. :D

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See your avatar? We each have our own square.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I have such a dirty mind, reading into this sentence like your signature.

To the TS, yes, I do. It comes in Morse code blips and beeps, though - and I'm not fluent.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I have such a dirty mind, reading into this sentence like your signature.

To the TS, yes, I do. It comes in Morse code blips and beeps, though - and I'm not fluent.

Well every flock needs an alpha sheep. lol

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. I kind of see my type as being an ideal in terms of focusing on an abstract idea without trying to conform it to anything material. INTJs would be second, but I think Te makes them more likely to fall victim to the need to permanently ground part of it in (ugh) the tangible.

INFPs are an ideal in terms of being the most conscientious about what they consider good. But their ideals tend to oppose mine, thus we don't get along.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, when I first began to explore MBTI I found my results very upsetting. I saw it all as critical. I felt like it made me out to be some sad, pathetic person who would live their live out alone in their head, isolated from people, and die a crazy cat lady. (Of course, I would also test INTP & INFJ sometimes, so what does that say about my impression of those types also :tongue:).

I am just now appreciating what it means to be an INFP and the strengths associated with it.

Atomic Fiend

Honestly, I saw ESTPs as the benchmark, something to aspire to when I first figured out my type... they were just so, cool. But that had nothing to do with the letters and more of what I knew about ESTPs.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm saying, do you see your type as 'the' type, and see other types as 'the others'? Do you fit your understanding of other types types to fit the mold of your type? -- Do the other types orbit around the INTP? And I don't mean it in a self-centered way. I am just asking how you understand each type.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm saying, do you see your type as 'the' type, and see other types as 'the others'? Do you fit your understanding of other types types to fit the mold of your type? -- Do the other types orbit around the INTP? And I don't mean it in a self-centered way. I am just asking how you understand each type.
Yes, good point. (I was wondering whether to post about this.)

When I think of a list or stacking of the 16 types, I always picture ISTJ as one end of the spectrum, and ENFP as the other end. The two extremes. Why isn't ISTJ in the middle somewhere? Because I'm comparing all types to mine. It's interesting how that fell into place naturally in my mind.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. I kind of see my type as being an ideal in terms of focusing on an abstract idea without trying to conform it to anything material. INTJs would be second, but I think Te makes them more likely to fall victim to the need to permanently ground part of it in (ugh) the tangible.

INFPs are an ideal in terms of being the most conscientious about what they consider good. But their ideals tend to oppose mine, thus we don't get along.

i tend to think of INFs as the mentally unstable sheep....

....but the INFJ is the crazy one that people secretly think is so crazy, that shes sane :shock:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

Who nomiated you? You expected everyone to follow you without question?

If you become the head sheep. I'll be the first to kill you.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, when I first began to explore MBTI I found my results very upsetting. I saw it all as critical. I felt like it made me out to be some sad, pathetic person who would live their live out alone in their head, isolated from people, and die a crazy cat lady. (Of course, I would also test INTP & INFJ sometimes, so what does that say about my impression of those types also :tongue:).

Strange, I never felt anything like that. Quite the opposite actually.

On the topic, I don't usually compare other types to mine, I look at them separately.

wolfy

awsm
I'm not biased to my type. I'm biased to myself.
Others are different to me in varying degrees. I'm my only reference point.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
lol to play allong with this bias idea... i see ENFPs as the sheep that fall into a ditch

but in actually it this is stupid. i think one can make good and hopefully vague conclusions about their type... and others for that matter, without being bias.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
Who nomiated you? You expected everyone to follow you without question?

If you become the head sheep. I'll be the first to kill you.

Well, I have no doubt you'd be the first to try. ;)

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I see the concept of being an IxxJ or ExxP sorta backwards. With IxxP and ExxJ, you gather information, then process it. Makes sense, right? But INFJ has Ni - Fe. The main functin feeds the secondary one. Or maybe it makes just as much sense, and I just don't see it.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
wolfy said:
I'm not biased to my type. I'm biased to myself.
Others are different to me in varying degrees. I'm my only reference point.

Pretty much.