• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type bias

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think of INFP as the end of the spectrum

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I always kind of thought of INFPs at the end.

Even though I'm definitely not one.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
When I first discovered MBTI, I thought that INTJ would be the "best" type. Basically, I thought J>P (and considering my school situation at the time, unsurprising). Nowadays though, I love my INTPness and wouldn't give it up for anything.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
at the other end.

;)

Emoticon aside, unless the spectrum's ends curl into themselves, I'm trying to imagine how such a term would apply to typology. Too bad this is all theoretical, because I'd like to see research done to locate any correlations between type and distribution to validate any sort of pattern. What do you say?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I often view ENFJs as the sheep that is on fire and running toward the enemy. Then it lays over in the ditch with the other sheep for reassuring head pats.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
I too figured INTJs as wolves rather than sheep. When I got my result, I thought I had gotten the 'best' one. I don't visualize a chart and if I see everyone standing in a line, many types would be off standing alone somewhere.

juggernaut

Permabanned
I definitely do not see either ENTJ or INTJ (my other possibility) as 'the' type. I think they're both kind of odd. So much so, in fact, that there was a great sense of relief in finding out that these were personality types rather than manifestations of a psychological disorder/illness. I was very happy to discover that I wasn't a sociopath (or worse), and just a slightly less common type of female personality. I don't have a clue what goes into the making of an NTJ personality, but it's got to be a rather peculiar mix of genetics and environment. A world full of ENTJs and INTJs would be a scary place. I think 'the' type would have to be one that occurs frequently in the population.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
A world full of ENTJs and INTJs would be a scary place. I think 'the' type would have to be one that occurs frequently in the population.

hmm......

The world is full of SJs. -- SJs make the world go round.
SJ can be considered 'the' type.
SJs and NPs are taught to be SJs.
Which means, SJs don't develop their inferior side.
So, the majority of the world is an unbalanced type.
But the world's still fine.

Yet if it were all INTPs, we'd be a lot worse off...

I'm derailing my own thread.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
I kind of think that it is possible to explore every function to the core and thus create "the type" that stands out above. Neither for good or bad though.
I find every type as interesting and/or as powerful as the next. It all comes down to what values one keeps to run steadily over the wooden floor. Even if it has it's patches of rotten wood.

If enfp's are anything like me; If there was an enemy, I'd talk myself out of it.
And if that did not work, run.
And if they then chose to threaten my loved ones, hit back more furiously than any demon they've seen before.
Also, if I got cornered with enemies all around... I'd never ever plea for my life; It's their hands that grow bloody, not mine. Sure, with my blood, but I wouldn't be able to live with their blood in mine either.
Why can't we all just be friends? (my naive side strikes again)

Umm, I hope I kept to the threads original purpose. . .

L

Lasting_Pain

hmm......

The world is full of SJs. -- SJs make the world go round.
SJ can be considered 'the' type.
SJs and NPs are taught to be SJs.
Which means, SJs don't develop their inferior side.
So, the majority of the world is an unbalanced type.
But the world's still fine.

Yet if it were all INTPs, we'd be a lot better off...

I'm derailing my own thread.

Fixed

L

Lasting_Pain

Pssh sometimes I wonder.

I don't even have friends right now because I can't put up with the moronic conversation topics people have.

Exactly in a world of INTPs only the essentials would be discussed. Small Talk would be outlawed.