• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the difference between an ENTJ, and a ESTJ?

Carmen

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I read their profiles; they basically sound the same.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
We are creative in our ability to think and organize.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
They both think being a TJ will help them conquer the world.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Basically the S/N difference. ENTJ's are more imaginative in their commanding. They have more foresight. ESTJ's are more practical in their commanding. They use facts more.

juggernaut

Permabanned
They both think being a TJ will help them conquer the world.

I certainly don't have a desire to conquer any world other than my own (though I pity the soul that thinks they'll be given even a moment of consideration should they attempt to interfere with that plan). Which is the world you're referring to?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As far as classic temperament, ENTJ is pure Choleric, ESTJ is Choleric-Melancholic. They do sound similar if you don't know what to look for in the temperament model, or understand the S/Ni differences.
Both are very aggressive and take charge, but ESTJ ultimately relies on memory and established structures, while ENTJ will follow his own visions. Hence, purely Choleric in contrast to part Melancholic.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's the difference between a strategist and a tactician, respectively.

maliafee

ENTJs always look like they just got back from a trip or something. ESTJs always look like they just got ready for work. :D

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ: "i generally find that if i have enough work to do:
i will make a mini month long calender, or map out a plan. However, i wont really keep referring to it (its changeable, and mapping it out once was just to help me visaulize it all)."

ESTJ: "i generally make lists and constantly refer to an organizer".

theplacesyoullgo

ESTJs are better at giving explicit, point-by-point instructions to dumb people.

ENTJs like to boss people around almost as much, but it takes far more effort for them to actually explain something to another person.

ESTJ: "If it isn't REALLY broken, don't fix it."

ENTJ: "How about if we... [list of possible improvements here]?"

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJs are better at giving explicit, point-by-point instructions to dumb people.

ENTJs like to boss people around almost as much, but it takes far more effort for them to actually explain something to another person.

ENTJ: "How about if we...
[list of possible improvements here]?"

Good distinctions. Especially the first.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i believe we should organize a systematic coup d'etat on all the estj management types in every corporate office retail restaurant job in this country and replace them with entjs.

who's with me???? viva le resistance?

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I like your post, theplacesyoullgo. I shall functionize and further what you've written. Hope you don't mind.

theplacesyoullgo said:
Te-Si is able to organize the thoughts for others based on a clear recollection of data regarding what they know.

Te-Si is accustomed to the working order of the system, so until it's proven ineffective, there's no real need to start over. And sometimes there really isn't a need as someone tries to do something new it becomes obvious that the old way really was for the best. But if they do see a need to fix the system they'll use a storehouse of former systems to compare and contrast, altering the system into one that's newly perfected from all the prior ones.

Te-Ni can be more effort to explain due to the abstract quality of Ni unless the ENTJ has got a good handle on it. And that the ENTJ in question doesn't just expect the other to "know" what they mean just because they've said it. Makes sense to them, not necessarily to others, and when better balanced they typically strive for clarity with what they're saying because it's important that they're understood before they can move them/everyone forward.

This applies to ESTJ as well, though, instead with Si it might be more effort to explain something they deem obvious and others as being oblivious towards their understanding whereas ENTJ would think it's complex to others and that they're merely obtuse towards their understanding.

ENTJ: "How about if we... [list of possible improvements here]?"

Te-Ni discovers newly alternative views for transforming what they view as an outdated system, and they gather people into not only accepting their vision but of participating in the new design with their own little touches.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
You should read please understand me 2 my keirsay OP!
He has big sections all split into SJ SP NF NT!
Read his intelligence theory on NTs and SJs then read there profiles again. It will become clearer!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't think ENTJ get so obsessed with stability\the past\traditions as they get older.

My father's an estj, it's pretty painful when ur totally future\present oriented to have somebody ALWAYS talking about the past and thinking that if something 'was this way' it 'should be the same way'.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ESTJs micromanage more than ENTJs. ESTJs have better "concentration" on a given task, ENTJs are better at multitasking. ESTJs are better at learning a task (even a complex one), and applying it multiple times, ENTJs are better at coming up with diverse solutions (that sometimes are improvements, sometimes are a waste of time). ENTJs are usually more energetic/high strung, ESTJs somewhat calmer/less energetic.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The problem with the profiles is that they are so vague. No wonder we're all confused on what type we are. No wonder people think the mbti is bull.