• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the difference between an ENTJ, and a ESTJ?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Basically the S/N difference. ENTJ's are more imaginative in their commanding. They have more foresight. ESTJ's are more practical in their commanding. They use facts more.

It's the difference between a strategist and a tactician, respectively.

I agree - it's the ability to formulate a longer term vision of what to do next.

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think estj are better at detail, which I think irritates most N.

Also, ESTJ are better dressers

ENTJ are good at judging potential and predicting the outcome of stuff. (Oh and entj like to used the word stuff, and lots of pronouns and thinks everybody understands)
I find ESTJ think the world will remain the same, and people will remain the same.

R

Riva

ESTJs micromanage more than ENTJs. ESTJs have better "concentration" on a given task, ENTJs are better at multitasking. ESTJs are better at learning a task (even a complex one), and applying it multiple times, ENTJs are better at coming up with diverse solutions (that sometimes are improvements, sometimes are a waste of time). ENTJs are usually more energetic/high strung, ESTJs somewhat calmer/less energetic.

i think ESTJs are more energetic. but ENTJs are UNSTOPPABLE when they get going. but before they start to do anything they are CALMER.

ESTJs are suppose to be one of the physically strongest types. they are extremely figure conscious, physically tough and they workout a lot. they are extremely conscious about their food too. these are actually pretty good traits. and i personally believe that ESTJs HAVE THE BEST PHYSICAL STAMINA.

and they are hyperactive and are always doing something.

But when ESTJs are relaxing they look very relaxed and they are....they are less likely to be thinking always.

The reason ESTJs look calmer is this. when they are relaxing they ARE relaxing.

but ENTJs are not entirely relaxing when they are relaxing. even while they are relaxing they are thinking thinking thinking and thinking. which gives them a TOUGHER look. and YES THEY ARE TOUGH. ENTJs look like EAGLES. dangerous and territorial and WISE.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I see the difference between ESTJ/ENTJ the same as I do ISTP/INTP. We all have similar hierarchies in our functions (TSNF-TNSF), but it would be harder to determine ESTJ/ENTJ since they share the “In Charge” interaction style. In fact Berens sees a greater similarity between ESTP/ENTJ since Se/Te and Ti/Ni can easily be mistyped and some similarity between ESTJ/ENFJ.

From reading what they say about themselves, here are their thoughts on organizing. ESTJs say, “I like for things to be organized, and when they are not, I’m great at getting them organized.” ENTJs also like organizing, but more from a leadership standpoint in saying, “Not organizing and not problem solving is hard for me. I am most comfortable in the idea development stage—the push for putting things together, new solutions, and improvements to take us to the next step. I have several dimensions I work in.” Again this parallels the thinking of ESTP types.

Other tale-tell signs are apparent in their temperament core values. ESTJs are community and family oriented. They have strong work ethics and actually are incensed by those who do not. ENTJs are more prone to the NT way of doing things and they are ideas people. Interestingly although neither have to be the leader, I have read where ESTJs actually scoff at those who feel they must lead. So I would think that ESTJs would be more comfortable taking a lesser role than ENTJs. Finally again like the ESTP, ENTJs seem to adapt to chaos and may enjoy it in order to show their organizational skills. ESTJs seem to always want things in order and have a low tolerance when structures breakdown. Just my thoughts.

Frank

I think estj are better at detail, which I think irritates most N.

Also, ESTJ are better dressers

ENTJ are good at judging potential and predicting the outcome of stuff. (Oh and entj like to used the word stuff, and lots of pronouns and thinks everybody understands)
I find ESTJ think the world will remain the same, and people will remain the same.

I think your spot on about the details. I can become really overhelmed sometimes with managing the details of my various projects.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Basically the S/N difference. ENTJ's are more imaginative in their commanding. They have more foresight. ESTJ's are more practical in their commanding. They use facts more.

This. I have an ESTJ partner, and we have a different prevalent rhythm in the conversation. He's most of the time talking about how things are, while most of what I say is about how things should be.

rav3n

ENTJs will give you the rope to pull yourself up with or hang yourself, and ESTJs will nitpick and micromanage how you pull yourself up or hang yourself.

yubitzu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was going to explain cognitive function stuff to you but I see that others have already done so.So I'll tell you my personal opinion.
See I love ESTJs and ENTJs.Two of my favorite types.Both are down to earth and realists,but anyway,I like that ENTJs that I know feel more like they're made of stone,and like they're pushing others to be the best they can or to at the very least do something.ESTJs in my life are often resourceful people that enjoy simple commodities and are glad to help you in a pinch,and that value effort.
I really really like ESTJ and ENTJ.I really do.