• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ men percentage

redacted

I bet male INFJs are much more common than the statistics show. I would guess most of them type as NTs.

Same is probably true with a lot of male Fs.

If I were to guess, I'd say F/T isn't 50/50, probably more like 63/37.

Including myself, I know three male INFJs -- all of us originally thought we were T when learning about the theory.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
If you aren't T, why do you consider yourself NiTi? Wouldn't you just be INTx.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i had very strong ethical objections against being a thinking type, because thinking types are portrayed as the ones who favor justice over mercy and justice is only another word for moral-autism. it means, that someone believes, that a psychological entity can be formed by rules and commands, which means, that someone thinks of an entity as product of external influence in general, rather than product of intrinsic growth, which is alien to Ni, as Ni, the way i understand it, is all about being sensitive to the intrinsic direction of causal growth of a personal entity. justice is a evil a-moral necessity, for a greater (and eventually moral) good. in order to apply justice, one must be cold as a fish.

also i am incapable of mental arithmetics.

intx, especially women, frequently score as infx, because some of them are so anal about their disintegrated idea of justice, that they assume to be ethical, sensitive, feeling and stuff

nanook

a scream in a vortex
but of course this is unrelated to the percentage of INFJ (any gender), because statistically most INFJ are dichotomy-judgers, who are Ti or Fi dominant.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think infj is quite rare. in addition to that it is probably one of the most poorly developed types throughout american society. many male infjs do rely on Ti far more heavily than Fe and become Super-Introverts. when we repress our Fe, we have to develop our Ti earlier and more aggressively. this means that the abilities in most behavioral descriptions vary far more on an individual level than most infjs realize. and that they are harder to spot/more inconsistent.

i know one other kid who is probably an infj (possibly isfj). he did very poorly in school. cannot hold a job. does not participate in anything creative, conceptual, or artistic. he does watch a lot of low-brow movies and play fighting games on whatever his current video game system is. he doesn't seem like a quick-learner, but in conversation he is admirably quirky. and he does have excellent Fe, when he occasionally comes out of his dungeon/week-long hibernation.

i've also met two other female infjs. very talented and worked hard to develop their abilities. they still struggled quite a bit, particularly with managing their emotions, becoming a consistent human being, and weighing the weight of the world (the suffering of others) against their own intellectualized ideals/desires. i find academia is a better fit overall for infjs than the workforce, altho i can't handle academia myself. i want to be closer to the pulse.

i think infjs ARE quite rare, and life is often difficult for them, but they're around even if you don't run into them. males are more difficult to type than females, but does it really matter if we are 1.5% or 3%?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also the border between an Ti Ne Si Fe intp who has surprisingly well-developed Fe and is well-practiced socially vs an Ni Fe Ti Se infj who is extremely introverted, unpracticed socially, and acting aloof can be a very fine line. the introverted judging functions are the same, when extremely introverted and anti-social, the difference is very difficult to spot. i'm sure you could easily convince many Ni people they were Ne or vice versa. it's a murky area especially when both types are taking in lots of information.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I think they probably would type themselves NT too.

I'd say it's probably also true of F females who don't relate to the overwhelming emotional expressive stuff that people typically consider to be "F". I wouldn't have thought myself F and at times didn't want to when comparing myself to other F people. I also kept typing as INTJ initially. Even INTP a few times. zz But I think it'd be easier for F females, regardless of how removed they are emotionally or are more stoic in appearance, to consider and realizes themselves as F before a male would.

One can resort to Dom + Tert mode, repressing their Aux. It can be healthy if their Tert is developed well and under their conscious control without strain, but I think it's mostly unbalancing if relied on too often without expressing their Aux positively.

redacted

Well I'm either INFJ, ENFJ, ISTP, or ESTP in terms of functions. Since I'm an Ni dominant, INFJ is my type.

But if I typed myself with 4 separate dichotomies, I'd definitely be INTJ.

deleted
Maybe it depends upon the area of which you live.

Sorry I've been reading engrish.