• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personality and the internet.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. im quieter IRL, unless its in class, job, good friends or a lady im trying to impress

2. im much more gooey online. absolutely no one, sees my gooey side IRL.

3. IRL im often willing to wait to see if someone else will bring up the 'other side' to an argument (and if its good enough, ill just accept that and stay out of it), while on here ill launch right in.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
1. im quieter IRL, unless its in class, job, good friends or a lady im trying to impress

2. im much more gooey online. absolutely no one, sees my gooey side IRL.

3. IRL im often willing to wait to see if someone else will bring up the 'other side' to an argument (and if its good enough, ill just accept that and stay out of it), while on here ill launch right in.

1. I agree.
2. I'm about as gooey here as anywhere else
3. I spend less time arguing. IRL it's much more counterproductive.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3. I spend less time arguing. IRL it's much more counterproductive.

EXACTLY. thats why i think the ENTJ profiles that highlight this bull in a china shop mentality are off base. i often dont "get into it" with people because i realize that its counterproductive.

juggernaut

Permabanned
The bull in a china shop definitely doesn't waste time arguing, he/she just cuts right to it (do you really think the bull takes the time to carefully avoid the china in its path or makes any effort with regard to it at all?). I'm far more careful online than I am in RL. In RL I can see who my (potential) opponent is and assess whether to charge on through. Most times it's a go, and it rarely involves argumentation. A few choice words will mitigate the need to go much further. I will only argue with folks who seem up to the task of sparring partner, have something interesting/worthwhile to share, and can do so in a controlled and reasonable manner. I generally treat these individuals with greater care than the rest of the contents in the metaphorical china shop.

Of course I may be the only one that operates in this manner...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
it's just the format...the lack of tone or facial expression...it frustrates me... and i can see when someone is bothered in person and explain further if i need to.

must have something to do with that f too...you wouldn't understand. :cheese:

That's what I thought, but lately I'm hearing rumors that I'm really ESFP. And others that I'm really ENTJ.

And others, still, that some people take their typology reads a little too seriously.