• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bravest Type?

YoungGun2112

MBTI Type
ENTP
The answers to these questions are interesting and can contain a multitude of responses depending on how the person answering defines bravery.

Which type is the bravest? Why?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I would say EP types or types with high extroverted sensing.

EP types tends to do reckless thinhgs withouyt regards of the consequences. like challenging death.

Richard Branson is a good example of an EP :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ESTP.

I'm the shadow of the bravest type. Hence my paranoia.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
My own definition of bravery would be: one who stretch out their own boundies; may do things that the person is normally afraid of and usually resent.

the answer: any type

Gauche

I'd say socially brave, ENTPs? Daredevils you know...
INFPs can be extremely brave as well (under certain circumstances)
ESTJs are conventionally brave (no big deal)
ESTPs are more sort of reckless than brave

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
There's brave, and then there is fearless. ESTP could well be the most fearless, but as for bravery, I don't think that is type related.

By bravery I mean facing your fears as opposed to not fearing anything in the first place.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have a hard time imagining it's type related too.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The answers to these questions are interesting and can contain a multitude of responses depending on how the person answering defines bravery.

Which type is the bravest? Why?

An interesting question.

My Dad is an ESTP retired Army Colonel. I have seen him strike fear in the hearts of men my whole life, whether it was a direct report of his, a room full of men whom he caught screwing something up, or some person that earned his contempt in our many encounters in the civilian world.

These things (his manner, disposition, authoritarian tone and body language) I learned from him as I was with him alot growing up and observed him in countless conflicts of all varieties.

I am ESTP too, and I agree with Sytpg, that fearlessness is part of the type, for sure. My father and I are both fearless and have been since exiting the womb.

Regarding bravery, I think that bravery can be transmitted genetically as can type, but I also think that bravery is learned. My Dad taught me a few things from an early age, which I consider foundations of bravery:

(1) Emmanuel Kant's categorical imperative of duty: "Do the right thing because it is the right thing to do."; [I chew people out on principle all the time! It's horrible!] and

(2) Hegel's "Might is right.", [Hence me being a bodybuilder + wrestling/karate as a kid] and

(3) As stated in the Bible, there is only one way to deal with conflict: "Head on."

The lessons above are those I called on when situations in my own life called for me to be brave. I got into alot of fights in elementary school, not for being a bully, I was notorious for taking out bullies. If I saw some kid bullying another I'd walk right up to him, tell him to stop, and if he mouthed off or did not relent I took him down, that simple. Then off to the office I'd go, Dad gets called, comes in to the office in full uniform, listens to the principal's report, then asks me if that is what happened, and then told the principal "If your faculty were doing their jobs policing the playground and keeping it safe, my son wouldn't have to do it for them."

Having the mentality I do is no doubt nature + nurture. I'm brave and fearless, but not reckless...any more. Even us ESTPs chill out a bit with age...a little :D

Other types that seem to have great potential for being brave, definitely ENTJ. My buddy Andrew is a "Field Marshall" and he is one brave S.O.B.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
There's brave, and then there is fearless. ESTP could well be the most fearless, but as for bravery, I don't think that is type related.

By bravery I mean facing your fears as opposed to not fearing anything in the first place.
I think it all depends if it's for FUN, or if it's life or death.

ESTPs are very fearless in a reckless way, but one ESTP male I know has hustled his entire way through life... avoiding responsibility and danger.

If brave means: someone with courage... and
courage means: : mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty

I would put TJs and SJs at the top of the list.

I have put myself in harm's way for others, without regard for my own well-being, so that's why I didn't limit it to STJs.

But on the other hand, I also agree that probably any type can do great feats of courage with enough motivation.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
More drama, baby !! :D
mel_gibson_braveheart.jpg

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I actually have a 5ft Scottish claymore like that. Haha.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that this is probably not related too close to types.

But there is plenty of details in this topic.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
what? i can see an esfj being the baddest bitch on the block if it means protecting his/her community or family. seeking out new experiences or diving into good-potential filled unknowns does not entirely comprise "bravery." fearlessness is influenced by context. i can see an opportunist nt or sp balking in certain situations that nf's or sj's would defend honorably. f's might be more emotionally brave and t's might exhibit more courage in independent action. and i see n's more defying social norms, especially nt's - but to them, it's not so much an issue of bravery (since they don't place that much value on social norms in the first place) but of ingenuity, efficiency, reason, or creativity: new ideas, concepts, applicable theories, etc. all that being said, ne leads me into dangerous and exciting worlds! :D

deleted
ETPs are definitely the bravest, but ENTP makes the better leader because of their intuition. (By leader I'm referring to an idealistically based leadership, so this fact solely depends on the concept)

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't know about any other types but I'm a fucking coward - when it comes to physical stuff, anyway. You'd *never* catch me skydiving or extreme sportsing.