• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bravest Type?

aguanile

MBTI Type
IXXP
Enneagram
4w5
At first, I thought ESTP.

But now I think ESFP because of the whole making gut decisions thing.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, as an INTP, I'd say we are probably among the least bravest type, appearance wise. We don't see the logic, we don't go.

But I speak from experience that at times of peril I just *click* and do what needs to be done. Introverted thinking? What?

So, in that regard. I think actual bravery exceeds any personality type influence. It just happens. Wether you're ESFJ or INTP or whichever.

maliafee

ESTP and ENTJ for different reasons in different circumstances. ENTJs are bravest getting in people's faces when they have to; ESTPs are bravest when it comes to daring feats.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
INFP. Because they WILL comeaknockin. Weather it be that van, their next door neighbours door, the call of the resistance, my head, doesn't matter. They'll bring it and YOU know it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still don't know what "brave" means.
Yeah, that is rather important.

I agree that SPs tend towards risk taking, and perhaps more often successful risk-taking, also lower levels of fear and inhibition.

I don't see that as courage necessarily. My impression is that bravery is a character trait which results from experience, choices, and how those shape the individual. A fearful person can actually be rather courageous. I guess i see bravery as based largely on context rather than an external measure of ability to take risks that most people consider risks.

Unique

My vote goes probably out to the SJs on this one... probably the ESTJ, very brave!

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I don't think it's type related. But that's mostly because it depends on how you're defining 'bravery'. Different people will exhibit their own personal versions of bravery.

For example, being a daredevil and doing risky things has a certain element of bravery, if you're calling it 'brave' to put your life at risk... but let's be honest...the same act can also have large components of stupidity and a lack of concern, or dismissal, of physical safety (although I recognize the same types would also be more in tune with the situation and probably wouldn't be as much at risk as, say, an INFJ doing the same thing ;-). Or if you're defining bravery as potentially more self-sacrificial - i.e. firefighting or something - then sure, that personality would be considered most brave.

Or is bravery more of a strength of character, and resolve to face your own fears and struggles head on? Or throw yourself way out of your comfort zone? That wouldn't be as noticeable to outsiders, but I often think it takes a lot more strength and willpower to face an emotional or personal battle than to do something like go skydiving. Skydiving would only require a momentary boost of 'braveness' and adrenaline and 'what-the-hell-ness' - whereas getting out of your comfort zone in a more day-to-day general way would require much more longevity, strength, and determination.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Didn't Ragnar Redbeard coin that phrase? That doesn't sound very Hegelian.

I don't know, go ask my Dad or Google it. At this point I'm not as concerned as who said it, but with the message itself. :D

L

Lasting_Pain

I do not think bravery can be characterized into the types.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTP's have the most courage. Just to survive a feeling, extroverted world is enough of a trial by fire. I went bungie jumping over the summer, and everyone else except we was terrified. I thought it was very fun.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
that's an incredible story. too bad they were scared. as for intp's being the most courageous type, i did not know that. thanks for enlightening me.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am rather surprised by the responses here .. but i suppose as most people have said "define brave" ..

I would say i am a brave person .. if i saw some bloke beating the crap out of a woman in the street, i would jump in and give him a ass kicking ..

I am brave in that i said goodbye to my family to emigrate to Canada (if only for a short period of time)

Dare me to jump out of a plane or do a bungee jump .. I'd do it

If i hadn't had my children when i did .. i probably would of joined the army, but only if i could of been on the front line ..

I am also brave in that i am going to divorce my husband who i love very much and face the unknown on my own ..

I would say i am pretty brave .. that though may also be the Aries in me ..

R

Riva

when it comes to having confidence in yourself as a person who can lead people to do anything they want - ENTJ

that takes guts mind you.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
when it comes to having confidence in yourself as a person who can lead people to do anything they want - ENTJ

that takes guts mind you.

I disagree. Guts have nothing to do with it.