• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you type people?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Generally, I don't waste time typing people in the real world because i rather they take the test thjemselves.
But i enjoy figuring out famous historical figures fictional figurres, and people who share the same type as me.

What do you look for when you type other people?
I look for this

1) their dominant letter
2) their variable letter
3)their weakest letter
4)function intensity

How bout you people?

deleted
If you ask "what's your problem?" to a random person, you will easily learn how to type them with proficiency.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I would answer overthinking and lack of inner peace when people ask me this.

deleted
I would answer overthinking and lack of inner peace when people ask me this.

Lack of inner peace sounds like NF, while overthinking sounds like I. Your directness of answer conveys P function dominant (INFJ), though it is a simple answer, so it is not necessarily expressed correctly. We're also online, so it would be obvious to me which NxFe you were in real life, INFJ or ENTP. Functions are the next simple way to type someone when I have a visual first impression.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Depends on your sequent actions at this point, but sounds very INFPesque.

I mean it's not often a total stranger asks me that question. It be like ok... could be my other response depending on my emotional state at the moment. If it's tumtulous then it be Nothing! if it's calm it's more like ok....:huh: but both would be what the fuck just happen? going on in my head wondering what happened.

deleted
I mean it's not often a total stranger asks me that question. It be like ok... could be my other response depending on my emotional state at the moment. If it's tumtulous then it be Nothing! if it's calm it's more like ok....:huh: but both would be what the fuck just happen? going on in my head wondering what happened.

You would likely spill or make a cogent gesture with my doom face at you.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well you have to tell me what I did. because I am not a mind reader.

deleted
Well you have to tell me what I did. because I am not a mind reader.

I have no clue, but the point is that doom face is intended to lure you, or your soul if you have one available, to me. With INFPs its harder.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
well I'd probably just run away. because I'd think you were a scary person

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
If you ask "what's your problem?" to a random person, you will easily learn how to type them with proficiency.

Can you give the sixteen examples of answers? I'm not yet convinced.

deleted
Can you give the sixteen examples of answers? I'm not yet convinced.

I said if you do this you'll learn. I didn't say read my examples. The wording of the phrase is somewhat ambiguous until it shows some belligerence, and this technique and it's results are quite subjective. You pretty much have to put some of your own thought into a 'mocking' scheme.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP

That's a good idea - never thought to try that on someone.

Depending on my mood, I'd either say nothing was wrong and then go into some ramble about why I was so damn happy or I'd be pissed off and go into some annoying rant about what was bugging me. Both of those are probably typical ENFP responses, just like prpl wondering what she did to offend you would be a typical INFP response.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Generally, I don't waste time typing people in the real world.
But i enjoy figuring out famous historical figures fictional figurres

I'm the opposite, I don't bother typing historical/fictional figures, I find no value in that whereas typing people irl helps me understand their intricacies better and therefore build better relationships.

I work out SP/SJ/NT/NF first, I find them pretty easy to get right most of the time and a good base to start from. What I look at next depends on the which one of the four they are.

+ patch

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If someone asked me "whats your problem?" Id ask "what do you mean?" because Id want
to play off his/her response, because i dont know what they mean. id want to deflect the
question into any arena, instead of what they intended.

G

garbage

I'm just gonna copy my post from the "NF-specifics" thread, because it might generate some discussion here.. I might edit this and/or my post in the other thread to refine my wording if it's unclear.

Really, type identification to me becomes a function of how I act around them, since I tend to act differently around different people, whether or not I realize it. How I perceive them perceiving me, or how they act toward me, or how they act in general, also, of course, plays into it.

Time for a disclaimer. I'm just gonna lay my thoughts out there, from my perspective, as far as how certain traits tend to come across to me most of the time. No hard feelings intended. Most of these only apply to strong types, anyway, and these are by and large from a first impression of others. I know that traits that I hold will come across negatively to other types, and that doesn't bother me too much, because I can bend to accommodate them pretty easily if I need to :) Also, keep in mind that I don't use these tendencies to judge other peoples' characters.. I can get along with all types and recognize the benefit of each trait.

If I find myself acquiescing to their arguments or saying, "well.. that could be true," struggling to find middle ground between us :)steam:), or perceiving them as admirably decisive, somewhat closed-minded, or too structured and rigid? J.

If they understand me "naturally," without me consciously or subconsciously feeling the need to tailor my speech into some sort of sequence when I talk to them? N, or xNxP if this holds very true.

If we can muse about ideas and just jump from topic to topic without getting bored? xNxP, likely xNTP or ENxP. An ENTP and I can keep this up forever.

If I find that I end up having to console them in the short term but realize that they'll likely get over their issues the next day once they've had time to cool down or analyze their situation? F.

If I find that I can just shove my extroversion onto them without worrying about it? ExxP.

If I learn more about them through indirect rather than direct communication? I.

If they're a girl and they're all giggly and shy when I probe them with questions? INxP.

If they won't stop apologizing to me for things that I don't see as a big deal? INFP, possibly any other NF, too.

If they come across to me, from my initial perspective, as though they could be perceived as abrasive, direct, blunt, or insensitive by other people? T.

Thank you, and goodnight.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Certain types stick out to me. For example, ExFP, with a one on one conversation quickly determining N vs S. INFP. ESTP. They seem to be the only types I feel comfortable typing within a few meetings. The rest take time.

Fe secondaries tend to throw an artificial extroverted vibe. They are the hardest for me to identify as introverts.

For N vs S, I try to move conversations towards an N direction - taking whatever specific story we are talking about and applying it to bigger and theoretical principles. If the conversations tend to taper out when I do that, probably S. If they gain intensity, probably N.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can usually know just from being around someone, I observe a good bit. Like what they do, how they say things, what their priorities are, how they do things etc. I'm always pretty accurate. I haven't been wrong for a while with my RL typings.