• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How loud and obnoxious are you in reality?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
What's your type?
<<

How traditionally extraverted do you consider yourself to be?
-2. Stop looking at me! (No, it should be "Stop bothering me!")

Would the people who know you well call you extraverted or outgoing?
No.

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time?
About 10%-25% extraverted.

Do you enjoy, and are you comfortable in large social gatherings?
It depends, as long as I'm not the center of attention and I have people I know well in the setting.

If you didn't know anyone at the gathering what would you do?
I would wait for somebody to approach me. If no one bothers to approach me, then I'd better go out.

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances?
Enthusiastic when I happen to overhear people talking about something I know very well. Talkative, when I have the mood (and the right person) to be talkative. Assertive, when I want something to be done. Gregarious when I didn't woke up on the wrong side of the bed last morning.

Do you enjoy alone time or do you get bored?
I get bored when there is nothing to do when I'm alone. But I always have ideas on what I'd do in my me-times. The same thing, I get bored with people when I couldn't tolerate, or couldn't find myself interested in what they're doing.

How long could you comfortably go without interacting with others?
About 6 hours to 3 days. After 4 days, I need to be alone.

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?
No. I'm just bored but I don't seek any attention. Wait, are you asking these questions 'cause you're bored and you want attention? And you misspelled extraverted all along. It should be extroverted.

And you said woke instead of wake! And said after 4 days you need to be alone when the question was how long can you be comfortable for on your own!

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I have an ENTP friend that pretty much fits the type to the T. I'll attempt to answer based on my impression of him.

What's your type?
My friend's ENTP.

0. Extraverted but happy to stfu and listen.

What's the diff between the two? Both.

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time?
He's fairly extraverted. Likes to hang out with friends but is okay with quiet as well.

Yes, he likes that. Jokes around a lot in an entertaining fashion if you don't mind the occasional "racial" comments. He pokes fun at pretty much all stereotypes though.

I think he'll probably wander around until something or some convo catches his interests and he'll introduce himself and join in.

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances?
Assertive would be the best fit... after that to some extent gregarious. Enthusiasm is selected... limited to stuff that he's really into, e.g. video games. Once he gets into the mode, he's a fanatic.

He wouldn't describe himself as talkative at all, although he has no problems speaking up and enjoys discussions especially debates.

Alone spare time is mostly spent playing games or surfing the net... even then he chats with people online or plays with them there. However sometimes he gets into these moods where he sits around and just think about stuff. Usually have to shake him out of it because that's when he gets depressed.

He prefers people contact. He doesn't need a ton of face to face contact, on the internet is fine for him but he needs that. Take it away and he gets bored easily.

Usually he's not into personality related forums... so I doubt he'll read through this and answer. :alttongue:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's your type?
INFP

-2. Stop looking at me!
-1. You can look but don't expect me to talk.
1. I'm not always the centre of attention, but I should be.
2. People hear me coming from a block away, wooohooo!

Absolutely not. I am almost always described as quiet and reserved.

Not at all extroverted. They consider me shy, or if they misunderstand me, aloof.

Generally no, unless I know most of the people. I can enjoy them under the right circumstances.

I would try and blend in with the walls. Hang out by the food. Become very interested in my own shoes. Worst case scenario, I end up crying in the bathroom.

I can be very enthusiastic and talkative with someone I am comfortable with and in discussing a topic I have ideas about.
I can be very assertive. I am not a doormat at all and will take action to stand up for myself. I don't think I am gregarious much at all.

I love my alone time! I value it very much.

I have gone several days, nearly a week, but I do start to get depressed. I will isolate myself, but it's not healthy.

Kind of! :p

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
What's your type?
I have no idea. I put ISTj, but I really have no clue. =/

-2. Stop looking at me!

-2 lol

No.

Um... I don't really know. I can be very friendly when meeting new people.

No, unless I'm not excluded, which is never.

Find a place away from the group where I am not noticeable to anyone. If I can't do that, I'll find a large group and sit and listen to people talk.

No.

I get bored. Unless you call forums alone-time.

Well, I hate talking to people, but I'll gladly talk to strangers online. I don't know if I'm introverted or if I just have some sort of social problem.

Idk I'm just bored.

@CJ99 - "Extroverted" and "extraverted" are both correct. They're alternate spelling of each other.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What's your type?
INfJ

-2. Stop looking at me!

No. Quite the opposite.

Depending on how I'm trying to act when I meet them, as well as how tired I am and other things, I may seem just a little shyer than normal, or I may seem completely withdrawn.

No. I'm so freaked out by them, in fact, that I used to look down on and be afraid of people who enjoy them.

Probably stand in the corner and stare at my watch until it was over, maybe occasionally glancing around to see if anything or anyone was coming at me, and trying to keep myself composed enough to give good excuses if anyone asked what I was doing or tried to get me more involved.

I can be enthusiastic about something I'm interested in pursuing. The rest don't really apply.

Usually I enjoy it, but sometimes I get bored.

It depends on what you define as interaction. If you mean face-to-face, then I could go (and have gone) several months, easily. If you mean not even talking on the Internet or accepting telephone calls, probably around three days to a week.

It's definitely possible. I think I might be.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's your type?

INFJ

-2. Stop looking at me!

No

Will initiate conversation and then listen, only talking when it is effective to carry the conversation in a direction that brings insight or new ground.

If outside and not cluttered, yes.

Look for someone interesting. Or some girl that returns my leer. Or some loner and talk to him/her until they're gabby.

Assertive - when i want something
Enthused - when actually fond of something or when i create such a situation
Talkative - For 5 minutes out of the day.
Gregarious - When not around friends or when depressed

Both if i do not have a quiet place to retire to

One day

No. I thought it would provide insight into my complex character since my co-workers could not call me introvert if forced - yet my intimates call me taciturn.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
@CJ99 - "Extroverted" and "extraverted" are both correct. They're alternate spelling of each other.

Yeah i know that was the guy i was quotings mistake!
I was just pointing out he made mistakes as well!

tibby

MBTI Type
fool

On the other hand, yes, on the other, no.

People always say I seem like a really shy and quiet but once they've got to talk to me properly they realize I'm not really shy at all. The less the people the more talkative I am (depending on the people).

No and no.

observe.

Talkative with a friend. Occasionally enthusiastic :D

I love it.

2-4 days comfortably.

Not really.

L

Lasting_Pain

What's your type?

- Intp

- 1. You can look but don't expect me to talk.<-this one unless I'VE totally muddled

- I guess, I have never asked to be sure, partially because I do not care!

How extroverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time?

- No one would say that, unless I was drunk.

Hell NO!!!!!!

not go

- Immediately find the nearest exit.

- Enthusiastic, Talkative, and assertive only come in to play when I am in a area I trust and have a wealth of knowledge about. I tend to lay the INTP smackdown on roody poos.

- Hours, Days Weeks Months, Years, My Whole Life!!!!

- No I need to get my post count up.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
What's your type?

INTP

No, just obnoxious.:devil:

Most would probably say quite and thoughtful. But it depends, around extroverts Falcarius finds interesting they tend to bring him out of his shell.

It depends if it is a setting Falcarius feels comfortable with. For example, what's this gathering for? Who will be at this gathering?

Sit in the corner drinking on his own, while watching everyone with a funny countenance.

Enthusiastic; on occasion about things he feels strongly about.

Talkative; only if Falcarius finds the subject interesting, otherwise only when he is drunk.

Assertive; yeah, mostly.

Gregarious; No Falcarius is not a ESFP T-rex, you know. He's more gangrenous than gregarious.

Yes, a lot; how much may Falcarius have?:newwink:

Until I run out of food.

65 % the former and 35 % the latter.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
What's your type?

Yes, definitely. Not always the center but if I am allowed to take more space I gladly do so. All in different manners.

Quite so-so. Depends if I feel comfortable or not, but usually I explode into different colours and tweaks and ideas and fly around like a weasel on drugs.

If I'm not made to go to a party; because then I can tend to be very withdrawn but if it is something I've chosen for myself; I go high wire! and love the attention that it brings me.

I go talk to someone that looks interesting. I don't want to fill my world with nonsense just because there's so much of it. I bet my first and foremost question of all times usually is "Who are you?" and then evaluate the answer to either be interesting or boring and perhaps work my way elsewhere if the Jane/John doe is of no interest whatsoever. And I love if people use their language to the out most witty and intellectual manner; huge "turn on".

Enthusiastic; Any idea's forming in my head or just hearing an idea from someone else, triggers me to play forward and forward. I have a room mate that feel oblivious to the fact of ideas and only does things "traditionally". I hate that. And he always brings negative viewpoints without realizing that it is negative. Whenever he speaks, he puts a meaning behind the words that is "You are crazy, fuck leave me alone." and yet he also tends to say "How can you be able to conceive so a great wide range of ideas but almost never ever follow through with any of them?". Well, he doesn't actually say it but it shows on him. A real tight ass bastard. -.-'''''''''

Talkative; If I get the chance and/or if I have something to say. Otherwise, no. I like to listen a lot too. Human beings are strange creatures, well the only creatures I can communicate with in a spoken way, and it is something I want to go to the bottom of.

Assertive; Well, if they don't want me there, they'll tell me... right? People has to start standing up for themselves. I don't feel like watching all the signs and tells all the time. It's too energy consuming. Society gives way to false ways of communication. At least some societies. Naked shouldn't be taboo, nor speaking of corpses and the like. Always been a bit morbid and interested in the oddball's out there. Once, in a time, I was seeking out extreme individuals just to get the knowledge behind their bars. I don't need to go to the extreme but let's face it, life gets more interesting. (my room mate just arrived and he's out there with his logical extremeness. How does he do it? I's like nonsense in a box just wanting to trail off path? o_O)

Gregarious; Somewhat, unless I need time for myself. Which seems to happen a lot and yet not. I tend to form different groups and walk indifferently in between them. My parties usually include ALL kinds of people, but I always make sure to put a common feeling from all of them to make people fit together nicely.

I love it. Alone time is precious time.

Comfortably. . . Umm. 48 hrs is my guess, unless I find myself comfortable with being mad in a insane way. Then perhaps a few months. Life get's turned upside down and darkens and life matters less and less. Time spirals doesn't seem to exist, everything works slowly and I'm alone in my own masterfully created cage. Bleh.

Well, I guess. I might be. Also because my room mate is horrible and I don't want to speak to him.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
What's your type?
xNTP, but i guess ENTP

depends. in usual social situations i'm more like -1, but definitely +1 with my friends. i mean, i talk A LOT :blush:

let's put it this way - someone who knows me REALLY well has literally fallen over laughing when i insisted i was an introvert.

depends. if i could talk to people one on one and they really were interesting to me they'd probably say i was extraverted. if they met me in big social gatherings they'd say i lived in my own world.

i'm comfortable but i don't enjoy them.

stay and observe people for a while. people behave in interesting ways if they are not aware someone is watching, you know. then i'd try to find someone interesting and chat. or if noone looks interesting (as it usually is), i'd just leave.

gregarious - perhaps not. assertive - probably most of the time (but i'd prefer the word 'confident'). enthusiastic and talkative - when i feel comfortable and when i have someone to exchange ideas with.

i need my alone time! but i do get bored after a while.

well, i have done meditational retreats, but i guess that doesn't count... otherwise - without ANY interaction, i.e. MSN, e-mails and stuff? one day. without any IRL interaction - a couple of days.

i'm answering because i have spent the whole weekend reading this forum and i'd like to step in now. this is my first post. so - yes - i want attention :devil:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
]Have I answered these before? I can't remember!!
Early onset alzheimers kicking in.

I can relate to this OP.. quiet but extraverted.
What's your type?
esfp

-2. Stop looking at me!

Would the people who know you well call you extraverted or outgoing? Yea, for the most part people see me as outgoing. I get too quiet and people start asking whats wrong. :) But in some situations I've been known too be very reserved. Usually when i'm in an uncomfortable new work situation or something.

Somewhat extraverted. Extraverted enough to not be introverted.

yes.... for the most part. Most groups I enjoy- but some groups I do not. Usually if I don't enjoy the social gathering i'm still extraverted but just unhappy. Still comfortable, just don't enjoy it.

Make a comfortable spot for myself- hopefully playing a game or doing something so i'm not totally bored- I'll place myself in a card group or if we're at dinner i'll busy myself with eating. Or if I was at a bar I would watch TV. Then I would smile and nod as everyone talked or say something if I had something to add and find that's the quickest way to make friends and still remain comfortable. I usually have one friend that I know. Friends say that they like to bring me to parties, even if I don't know anyone- because i'm not clingy and assimilate quickly and make them look all cool for having such a cool friend :)

I'm almost never enthusiastic about anything, unfortunately. Pretty talkative most of the time. Assertive only when I absolutely need to be. I'm passive in most situations unless I must say something to somebody because i'm angry or something. Then I need to step back and plan the assertiveness. I'm not gregarious.

Enjoy SOME alone time. As long as i'm doing something else.

Without interacting at all? Internet or phone or text message? Oh about an hour or 2. Maybe 3. Interacting in person- maybe a day. Maybe.

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?[/QUOTE]
Not really. Its interesting thinking about it.

hommefatal

What's your type?

xNFP

-2. Stop looking at me!

1 but only around people I know well. Around strangers I am like -2.

No, they would say I am extremely introverted. (most)
Yes, I can't stop talking. (people close to me)

0%

No. I prefer meeting in small groups.

Hope it will end soon or wait for someone to talk to me.

enthusiastic: always, I only do things I like
talkative: very, when around people I know well
assertive: usually, but I don't seek such situations
gregarious: no. i prefer intimate situations.

When being alone I'm always bored. I talk to others then.

about an hour

haha, good one. pretty much.

Son of the Damned

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
What's your type?
ENTP

-2. Stop looking at me!

Depending on the circumstances, I can range from either 0-2. I'm usually heralded by my music, which I play loudly and constantly.

Most of my friends described me as a "high-energy freak with Satan's own luck". Everyone I know (myself included) say they're surprised I'm still alive after some of the stupid adventures I've gone on.

Oh yeah, I appear randomly and can talk at length about anything. you meet alot of people that way.

Its a rare occasion that I'm not. Most of the time, if I can go to an event, I will.

Talk to anyone who seems interesting.

The first three are a constant. the fourth, I have my moments.

At first, alone time is awesome. After a day, I get bored and go do something with anyone.

A very short time. Social interaction is my greatest addiction. Solitude will only make me crazy. Crazier than normal, at least.:cheese:

Fuck yes:devil:

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
B]What's your type?[/B]
IxTP, you can figure out the x

not really.

I normally stand in the background till I'm comfortable. If we meet for the first time I will assure you you won't know I exist

No

not talk to them

not really

Yes

without the internet? maybe 2 weeks.

Bored, mostly

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's your type?
ENTP

Yes. Everyone knows how crazy and outgoing I am.

Quite extraverted. They tend to come to that conclusion before the inititial meeting is over.

I enjoy and am comfortable in them, but I do like smaller groups a bit more.

Talk to the interesting looking ones first. If no one looks interesting, get everyone to liven up and do something crazy.

I am typically all of those. Or at least the first three.

Enthusiastic-When it comes to my ideas, or in a debate. Also when I am meeting new people.
Talkative- I talk when it is the proper situation. I can talk for hours and hours and never run out of anything to say, but I don't necessarily need to.
Assertive-When I need to take control or lead.

I enjoy alone time, but I really like to be with people. Well, intelligent or interesting people.

A day. Maybe.

I am bored but expect no attention out of it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's your type?
INTP

Very selectively. Two people I think consider myself outgoing and extraverted (when around them).

Not much at all, unless I had my care-face on and don't give a shit. I tend to be more extraverted then. Their opinion about me may be bad though, but I wouldn't mind either way.

Not really. But I can handle them.

Leave, I would not have a reason to be there. If not for someone else.

Yes. Enthusiastic when about my interests. Talkative when shown interest in, assertive when confronted with utter stupidity. Gregarious when around like-minded people.

Enjoy, thoroughly. I am currently dealing with some shitty family relations, that despite the fact I'd love to crash and burn, I have to keep them up and going. I find that especially in times like these, I need a certain amount of alone time to process, recharge and feel great.

Potentially? A lifetime. I won't know for sure until I experience that ofcourse, but I can't see myself going crazy over it. That said, my preference is experience and as such, communication and other people tend to be an easy source.

I'm answering this because I should be doing some annoying red tape administration that will only cost me money at work, and I'm delaying it for now, browsing around on the internet, because I cba doing stuff like that until I have to.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
What's your type?
intp

No, never.

Compared to society at large, quite introverted.

Only if it's a music show. Otherwise I'll get bored and wander off.

Yawn. Stare at my shoes. Walk away.

I'm only very enthusiastic about a narrow selection of topics and their current events. Either that, or when I'm drunk.

I am never bored alone. I feel like social situations tend to restrict your personal freedom to entertain yourself and find something interesting to do.

Maybe a week IRL.

Yes and no.