• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How loud and obnoxious are you in reality?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm specifically interested in hearing from ENTxs, or those who know ENTxs IRL but anyone can answer as it would be interesting to see what the patterns are with different types.

Using the traditional definition of the word extravert;

What's your type?
ENFP

How traditionally extraverted do you consider yourself to be?
-2. Stop looking at me!
-1. You can look but don't expect me to talk.
0. Extraverted but happy to stfu and listen.
1. I'm not always the centre of attention, but I should be.
2. People hear me coming from a block away, wooohooo!

umm...-1 i guess...but i don't mind talking to someone...but i don't love a lot of personal questions and i don't love a lot of chatting about things i don't care about...but engage me in a real conversation and i'll be happy to talk otherwise...silence is fine. :)

Would the people who know you well call you extraverted or outgoing?
they would call me friendly and outgoing i think...i'm not sure most people would know i was an extravert.

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time?
it depends on how much they know about it...they would probably think i was confident talking to people though...

Do you enjoy, and are you comfortable in large social gatherings?
yes i do usually...if it's my kind of people doing my kind of thing...which it usually is.

If you didn't know anyone at the gathering what would you do?
i would introduce myself to whoever looked interesting.

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances?
enthusiastic about doing things that sound fun...or an idea i'm brainstorming with somebody.
gregarious...yeah, probably when in social situations i guess.
and assertive, i guess...meaning i'm not shy about saying things.

Do you enjoy alone time or do you get bored?
i love doing creative things or being out in nature or exploring something or some place and i'm perfectly content and happy doing that by myself...in most cases i prefer it so i can take my time and not have to accommodate anyone elses schedule.

How long could you comfortably go without interacting with others?
like no talking at all? not even here or on the phone? hmm...2 days maybe

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?

i'm answering because i'm bored and i think they're good questions...i don't give a shit about attention. :smile:

i know you asked for nt's but..i wanted to answer because enfp's are somewhat introverted extraverts too. :)

i just thought i would add...that people have called me soft spoken and calm and peaceful or serene...so i just don't think i have that high energy demeanor that most people think of extraverts...it's just that i am focused outward and i do think out loud and i do say whatever's on my mind...and i'm not shy...i'm just calm about it usually.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
What's your type?

INTP

-2. Stop looking at me!

No

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time?

Not at all.

No.

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances?

Only when I'm inebriated.

I enjoy alone time, but am often bored.

Not really sure how to quantify this. There are days when I've been able to not talk to anybody, and those were great days! Other times work makes it so people can't leave me alone. I would say a very, very long time as long as my mind was occupied.

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?[/QUOTE]

I am bored, but I don't necessarily think I want attention.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Using the traditional definition of the word extravert;

What's your type?
ENTP

-2. Stop looking at me!

Yes

If I'm trying to make friends, very. If I don't really care about the person, somewhat extraverted.

I prefer small gatherings, but I also enjoy big ones on occasion if it's with people I know. I am usually comfortable in large gatherings.

I've been in this situation. I went to a party with 1 guy I sort of kind of knew, and about 25 of his friends. I ended up wandering and jumping in conversations, meeting people, making myself known and seen.

Enthusiastic: Generally about meeting new people or working on new projects. Also about going out random places at random times.
Assertive: I am not confrontational, but I don't let people take advantage of or walk all over me.

It's good for 30 minutes to an hour. Then I get very bored.

I've gone a full week pretty much. I'd say that was my limit.

Close. Procrastinating! Also you said you wanted to hear from ENTs. I don't really care if anyone else reads this.

DURPA DURPA DURPA

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
i know you asked for nt's but..i wanted to answer because enfp's are somewhat introverted extraverts too. :)

i just thought i would add...that people have called me soft spoken and calm and peaceful or serene...so i just don't think i have that high energy demeanor that most people think of extraverts...it's just that i am focused outward and i do think out loud and i do say whatever's on my mind...and i'm not shy...i'm just calm about it usually.

Yeh, I answered extroverted in lots of ways on mine. But I'm anything but imposing, just social. I'm a bit uncomfortable in the spotlight sometimes too.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
On your scale I'd put me between zero and +1.

Yes.

I think they'd describe me as talkative and open, but not overbearing.

Pretty much, yeah.

Look around for other loners to talk with (I can't stand seeing someone all alone and awkward looking at social gatherings - I always go and hang with them), and if there weren't any, just sort of start a conversation with someone who looked/sounded interesting.

I think all of those fit me, maybe 'talkative' the most. I can be assertive, but I've learned to tone it down when the situation calls for it. I have yet to succeed in toning down my natural inclination to chat.

I actually really like alone time - doesn't bother me at all and I am rarely bored, whatever the situation.

A couple of days?

Definitely. *does crazy dance* ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's your type?
INFP

-2. Stop looking at me!

I'd say -0.5

No.

Not really. I prefer smaller groups.

Wait until I hear something interesting pop up and start talking.

Assertive in my daily life.

I love my alone time.

I can go a week without interaction comfortably, I usually socialize with my friend group once a week (we are all introverts and we are all like this).

I'm just bored and contributing.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
What's your type?
INTP

-2. Stop looking at me!

It's usually between -2 and 0. Mostly -1. I don't like being disturbed out of my silence and I generally try and present a face that communicates that. I just don't necessarily like to get involved in a lot of things.It's just not my deal.

Hell No!!

Not at all. I can generally present a pleasant demeanor, I do know how to talk. I'm just not one to seek conversation out usually. It depends though. If we're sort of forced to interact for a little bit I can talk more openly. I like to outline and expand on whatever we're doing and I will be curious if somebody plays a sport or is interested in a particular sport. I'm generally reserved though

Nope not at all. Unless of course we are playing some sort of sport. I'd rather be off somewhere else.

Not be there. Don't have time to acquaint myself.

I can be enthusiastic and talkative when it comes to some particular topic that interests me. If I'm being active and doing something physical I'm the same way. If I'm out to eat with someone I generally do tend to be a lot more gregarious. I can actually dominate the conversation a little bit in those instances. I don't know what it is about eating with others but I really do tend to try and connect or converse with whoever is there.

I love time alone. As a rule I get cranky when someone pulls me out of it. It can pass over though if it's something that's going to be fun. I still have little butterflies though initially. Even with friends and family. My time alone is extremely calming. I tend to forget there is such a concept called time. It bothers more extroverted people how content I am with sitting down to myself and not seeking them out. I drive my mom (ESFJ) and sister (ENFP) batty with that.

For any extended amount of time? probably like 3 or 4 days without anything more than general chit chat. I can get by on only going out or having any meaningful conversation twice a week.

Nope. Just figured I should.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What's your type?

INTP

-2. Stop looking at me!

Nope, very unlikely, or only sarcastically

My first impressions vary widely. On average, people would not consider me extraverted at all.

It depends if I enjoy the activities at the gathering enough to block out the people if I have to.

I probably wouldn't be talking much anyway, so that wouldn't make much of a difference.

Enthusiastic - when there is something worth being enthusiastic about
Assertive - when it comes to important decisions

I enjoy alone time for the most part. Sometimes it gets boring, but that's usally only when I am too tired to read.

I could go comfortably without interacting with others IRL for weeks. But including online interaction, only a couple days.

A tiny bit of both

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm not an E but the questions are interesting so I'll do this anyway.

What's your type? INTJ

-2. Stop looking at me!

How about -3? Oh ok, probably -1.

Would the people who know you well call you extraverted or outgoing? Outgoing maybe, extraverted no. I'm not a shy introvert, but my close friends and family know that I need space and alone time.

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time? Pretty extroverted actually. People who don't know me well would think I'm an extrovert, especially if they saw me in a situation where I was comfortable enough to speak my mind or if I was wearing my ESTP mask.

No, large groups are very uncomfortable for me. By that I mean any group over 4 people.

Listen and observe. Isolate someone on the fringes and talk one-on-one with them about travel or books or movies.

The first three would fit if I was involved in something I was passionate about. I don't think I'm ever gregarious. Talkative probably fits me the best of the four on a regular basis, I got in trouble in school for talking in class all the time.

Do you enjoy alone time or do you get bored? Yes, I love alone time. I rarely get bored.

A few days without any communication, weeks without much interacting in person is manageable.

I did it for you babe. :hug:

LucrativeSid

I'm mildly extroverted, and I do talk a lot most of the time because I like to engage, but I can be quiet, too, if I'm just thinking or listening. I'm not really that gregarious or off the wall. I often seem reserved when I first meet people, but not always. Usually, if things are a bit awkward, I react by speaking and navigating my way around, instead of just clamming up. When doing this, I won't seem that introverted or extroverted. Sometimes, depending on the people, I'm automatically outgoing, and sometimes I've got to warm up to it, but I always at least try because I prefer to feel free and open over feeling closed up. I can enjoy being center stage, the teacher, or the entertainer, but I honestly do not need it - and I never do it if I know it's just annoying people. I'd rather have a normal and calm conversation, or completely shut up or leave, than to sit there and annoy people for my own amusement. However, if the mood is right and I have free reign, I could be seen as very enthusiastic and gregarious. A lot of people in real life think I'm an introvert, but like I said, in real life, I'm neither a timid quiet person or an annoying attention seeker. I do like my alone time and I think that may have something to do with it.

MBTI Type
INxJ
What's your type?
INTJ

Most of the time, it's -2.

When I visit out-of-state friends and nerd activities are being indulged in... For a brief duration, I'm definitely a 2. That happens once a year or so, and while inebriated.

Between 0 and -1.

-2 No. That's probably why I drink at anime conventions.

Enthusiastic, gregarious, and assertive when drunk.

I need it to survive.

One year. Maybe more.

:bananallama:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
What's your type?

ISTJ

Haha, depends on my mood and the day, but usually -2. Stop looking at me!

It varies though from -2 to 1.

Not in a million years. My own sister's the one who called me Anti-Social.

Not extroverted in the least.

No. Particularly if I'm not doing anything where I'm moving, like sports. Because otherwise, I get restless.

Leave.

Not usually enthusiastic around others. Not talkative unless it's a 1-on-1 and I know the person really well. Not that assertive, but I can be if something's not being done. Gregarious? Once again, no unless I know the person very well and he/she is a good person.

Mostly enjoy, but too much and I get bored.

Hmm... about a day. If it's any longer, I feel bad at myself for not interacting. It's like I tell myself I have to interact with people, even if I don't like it.

Definitely. Everyone look at my answers. Respond accordingly, only by quoting my responses.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Wow, it's enlightening to see how many other truly introverted people have posted so far. Good to see lol.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
TheChosenOne said:
Wow, it's enlightening to see how many other truly introverted people have posted so far. Good to see lol.

It is, there are some people who have surprised me with how introverted they say they are cause I never would have suspected based on their online posting style.

Indeed I am, indeed I am.

Yes. Always!

Definitely. Everyone look at my answers. Respond accordingly, only by quoting my responses.

A tiny bit of both

*stares at Wolfy, prpl, noigmn, TheChosenOne and Luna*

*keeps staring at everyone except Luna*

I'm answering this out fo the goodness of my heart in an attempt to give you the information you are seeking, because you're my friend and I'm nice like that. :hug:

Nah man, it's because you were asking. :newwink:

I did it for you babe. :hug:

*adds Halla, Berber and Pippi to the collection of people that are stached in my basement* :smooch:

Definitely. *does crazy dance*

*throws $100 bills at Kangirl*

Banana Lama always wins :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
hmm well if you want to stare go ahead but I'm not doing a trick for you. Unless you pay me.

Kanamori

Trinity said:
What's your type?

-2. Stop looking at me!
INTJ

Trinity said:
no
Trinity said:
Trinity said:

If I'm really drunk, yes. Otherwise, no.
Trinity said:
Drink more and hope I felt like talking afterwards.
Trinity said:
Enthusiatic... when I'm doing something I'm really into... my favorite video games, or pet subjects in school. Talkative... If I'm drunk and happened to end up rambling on my subject of choice with an ENP. Assertive and gregarious... only when I'm playing my favorite game and feel comfortable around the people I'm trying to impress.

Trinity said:
I enjoy being alone more often than not.
Trinity said:
I think I start getting antsy around 3-4 weeks.

Trinity said:
Yes, and sorta.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
What's your type?

INTP - but becoming more E everyday last few months since i found Ne

-2. Stop looking at me!

Depends how tired i am and who i'm around. If theres really extravated people around -2 but if not 0 to -1

People i know would say i'm a hyper talkative nutcase but other people would say i'm really quiet i think.

Not at all.

It depends. If its like a big group (4 or more other people) but split up into a few conversations then i normally wander talking to about 1 to 3 others at a time but if its one big convo i'll never say anything unless invited

If i had the energy go mental and play devils adcovate by making people uncomfortable with my weirdness. If not not much. Maybe talk to 1 or 2 others.

Enthusiastic and talkative whenever the conversations interesting or funny

As long i have something happening in my head i'll never get bored.

A week or maybe 2 as long i have food for thought but eventually i need to test some theories on friends

More because i'm trying to prove to myself i'm an xNTP and the self analysis helps. Not sure if i am or not.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
What's your type?

ISTP

How traditionally extroverted do you consider yourself to be?
-2. Stop looking at me!

or

-2 when I'm busy. Leave me alone.

They might call me outgoing. I like doing new things, but I'm not all that talkative.

Not very. Depends on what was happening. If we were strangers in a coffee shop, highly introverted. If we were working together, moderately introverted. If we were doing a fun activity together, quite possibly extroverted. It takes me a while to warm up to people.

Yes and yes, most the time. The more formal, the worse.

A "gathering" like a party, I'd start talking to someone. Probably another person by them selves, or maybe a group.

Enthusiastic - yes. Especially if I have something to do in the physical realm. I tend to surprise people though - I can be very quiet and unassuming to the point that I seem half asleep and then when something interesting happens I become highly enthused.

Talkative - no.

Assertive - yes. Always stand up for yourself, BUT pick your battles.

Gregarious - nope.

I enjoy time alone. Having a group of friends to hang with is nice though because it provides entertainment, often in forms I'd never come up with.

Weeks. The longest IRL was about a week at a cabin in the mountains. I only desired other's company slightly.

I think every person should spend at least a week by themselves. You learn a lot about yourself.

Actually, I like answering these things because putting your thoughts into words forces you to search into what you actually believe.

And yes, I want attention. Why not?

callmemigs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
What's your type?
<<

-2. Stop looking at me! (No, it should be "Stop bothering me!")

No.

About 10%-25% extraverted.

It depends, as long as I'm not the center of attention and I have people I know well in the setting.

I would wait for somebody to approach me. If no one bothers to approach me, then I'd better go out.

Enthusiastic when I happen to overhear people talking about something I know very well. Talkative, when I have the mood (and the right person) to be talkative. Assertive, when I want something to be done. Gregarious when I didn't woke up on the wrong side of the bed last morning.

I get bored when there is nothing to do when I'm alone. But I always have ideas on what I'd do in my me-times. The same thing, I get bored with people when I couldn't tolerate, or couldn't find myself interested in what they're doing.

About 6 hours to 3 days. After 4 days, I need to be alone.

No. I'm just bored but I don't seek any attention. Wait, are you asking these questions 'cause you're bored and you want attention? And you misspelled extraverted all along. It should be extroverted.