• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prejudice against Sensors?

Jaguar

You want to know a type, which presupposes function order, so you can do what--
presume X,Y, and Z and stereotype my ass?
No thanks.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
No thanks.

you'll get stereotyped whether you have a type or not. a type may be one way to stereotype a person, but your actions will stereotype you no matter what you do... even if you do nothing. and right now, you're pretty much in the "pretentious" box because you think you can be someone else by not having a type.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
2.Republicans, Democrats, it's getting hard to tell the difference. But not many SJ's would criticize the system as a whole.

Maybe you should let the SJ's speak for ourselves? I happen to detest political parties, just as George Washington did. I am also aghast at about 80-90% of what the federal government does in this day and age.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP

Well, yes, to a degree...
But I wouldn't look at it in such a negative light, I don't stereotype people as a point of judgement- only to analyze what may or may not be accurate about the theories, and I never hold people up to the theories- it is they who must conform to reality and not the other way around.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Maybe you should let the SJ's speak for ourselves? I happen to detest political parties, just as George Washington did. I am also aghast at about 80-90% of what the federal government does in this day and age.

I respect this, (and like your avatar), but I stand by what I said, the SJ's would certainly be the last to detest the system as a whole. This may or may not be a bad thing, I guess that depends on what you believe. But I think it is true nonetheless. You must be grouped with other SJ's within this theory, but you may be a more progressive thinker than most of them. That you are on this website may speak to this. I don't make presuppositions about individuals.

And don't take my other SJ comments too seriously.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I respect this, (and like your avatar), but I stand by what I said, the SJ's would certainly be the last to detest the system as a whole. This may or may not be a bad thing, I guess that depends on what you believe. But I think it is true nonetheless. You must be grouped with other SJ's within this theory, but you may be a more progressive thinker than most of them. That you are on this website may speak to this. I don't make presuppositions about individuals.

And don't take my other SJ comments too seriously.

I think that SJ's would be the FIRST to have a problem with a system that they felt was personally unfair or a deterioration of how things are supposed to be (like my agreement with Washington on our political system).

Jaguar

you're pretty much in the "pretentious" box because you think you can be someone else by not having a type.

That sounds like something a dogmatic--and ignorant-- prick would say.
You obviously have a closed mind, unable to imagine a possibility,
that hasn't been allowed by MBTI theory.
That makes you a sheep.
Sheep don't lead, they follow.

In order to accept MBTI theory one must actually believe,
each type has a predetermined function order.
I am not the only person on this board who thinks that's bullshit.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
That makes you a sheep.

In order to accept MBTI theory one must actually believe,

you live on fallacies apparently. while i may be a prick, i'm neither dogmatic nor ignorant. i don't reject the idea of MBTI types, but i know it's not perfect either. the difference between you and i is that i can adapt and say that my type is closer to one type than other. you prefer not adapting, and you think that makes you better?

you're no better until you can prove it, and as someone who cries sheep and voices judgment instead of reason, you're pretty far behind. maybe you should see your own fallacies instead of trying to jab at others for what they believe.

also, with your crude display of action here, i can guarantee you i can lead better than you.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
1That makes you a sheep.

2In order to accept MBTI theory one must actually believe,

1.That logic is totally unsound; you probably knew that, but it's okay because you were speaking out of hurt.

2. Actually this is not true, MBTI theory has absolutely nothing to do with predetermined functions. Jung came in and added all that stuff later, so you can accept the theory without the functions.

3. By the way, you're an ENFP. I just saved you ten minutes of test taking. You aren't ashamed of having something in common with me, are you? ENFP's are cool, what's the problem?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
what's the problem?

the kid wants to be individualistic so badly that he won't conform to even what the nonconformists conform to. also just because he speaks out of hurt (which i don't believe he does), it doesn't make logical fallacies a-okay.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
2. Actually this is not true, MBTI theory has absolutely nothing to do with predetermined functions. Jung came in and added all that stuff later, so you can accept the theory without the functions.

Err, no. Myers took Jungs work and built a test/etc. around it, validated it and so forth... MBTI theory is very much entrenched in Jung's theory, although it has evolved considerably since then.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think that SJ's would be the FIRST to have a problem with a system that they felt was personally unfair or a deterioration of how things are supposed to be.

That is interesting. But your use of the word deterioration implies that "how things are supposed to be" is determined by how things were. So I stand by my claim once more, as SJ's may notice that things have changed, and they probably will not like that, but that's only because they haven't questioned the system that was there in the first place.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Err, no. Myers took Jungs work and built a test/etc. around it, validated it and so forth... MBTI theory is very much entrenched in Jung's theory, although it has evolved considerably since then.

Oh, interesting. Didn't Kiersey want nothing to do with that though?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Oh, interesting. Didn't Kiersey want nothing to do with that though?

Kiersey really is just an offshoot of all of this. I don't many good things to say about Kiersey and his methods, so I won't say much... But MBTI theory is still very much functional in nature... (which, I also don't like :p )

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I like the functions very much. The system is very logical. I can hear how Poe relates one thing to another (Ne) but is much more focused on the details of how these things feel, which tells me that he has an Ne vision now and then, and each time it weighs heavily on him, so Fi would be overpowering in that case. And so I can determine almost immediately that he is an INFP. As for myself, I have visions constantly, and it is how these possibilities could relate to me that causes them to pop up, but they are really non-stop. This tells me that my Ne casts a shadow over my Fi. Also, trying to "re-sense" or remember the details of how anything looked or sounded causes me more stress than any other psychological activity (including mental long division etc.), and that is why I find it so interesting that Si should be my weakest function.

True, the more you box people in, the more careful you must be. But Ne is focused on patterns, or if you don't believe in Ne, we could say, ENTPs and ENFPs are more focused on patterns than other types. And ENFPs are focused on people patterns. For this reason, I think that ENFPs are naturally inclined toward psychology; I can at least speak for myself in this regard. And overall, I find the functions to be very useful. I've never met an INTJ or ENTJ who didn't communicate with the world primarily through results oriented speech (Te), for instance.

Jaguar

you live on fallacies apparently. while i may be a prick, i'm neither dogmatic nor ignorant. i don't reject the idea of MBTI types, but i know it's not perfect either. the difference between you and i is that i can adapt and say that my type is closer to one type than other. you prefer not adapting, and you think that makes you better?

Do we have to have the same debate on this board over and over?
This board is not called MBTI Central.
And if you bothered to do your homework,
you would have found out by now, why I don't have a type listed.
This has nothing to do with "adaptation."
The word for this particular situation is: accuracy.

I'm in favor of decoupling the poles,
and testing each function independently.
That's hardly unreasonable.

If you have a problem with my demand for accuracy, I don't really care.
You and I have different priorities.

i can guarantee you i can lead better than you.

Great-- an egomaniacal child who wants to slam his dick on the table,
and start measuring.

Kiddo, your lazy ass can't even capitalize your I's in writing,
much less lead anything.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
That is interesting. But your use of the word deterioration implies that "how things are supposed to be" is determined by how things were. So I stand by my claim once more, as SJ's may notice that things have changed, and they probably will not like that, but that's only because they haven't questioned the system that was there in the first place.

No, it doesn't imply that. What it means is that, sometimes, things get better. Sometimes, things get worse, as I was saying about party politics. Again, you're reading things between the lines that are not there.