• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and looking happy

G

garbage

I think I naturally look and move as though I'm stoned, in that I'm relaxed, walk slowly, and sport a smile. My eyes look pretty heavy, too.

I by no means have the typical ENTJ domineering demeanor.

Valhallahereicome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w7
I'm not sure how I appear, although I've been trying lately to smile and make eye contact with random people - swear it's not as creepy as it sounds. But I notice that everyone I see on the street or on campus looks really stressed and depressed, even though I'm sure they don't mean to. "Neutral" often doesn't look like it. There's one girl in my volunteer group who constantly looks pissed off, which hopefully she isn't - at least not all the time.

When someone actually smiles at me or makes eye contact, it's pretty cool.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Wild Speculative Theory:

Humans evolved a negative looking neutral face as a deterrent would-be opportunists.

D

Dali

ISFP. I used to walk around with a smile on my face which would morph into a wide smile at the slightest provocation. I used to get a lot of comments about being so cheerful and enthusiastic all the time.

In the past couple of months, I've gotten more cynical and you're now more likely to see me looking like :mellow:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The only people I know who are always smiling are ENFPs.

alicia91

I have three people in my life who look happy almost all of the time, and have that enthusiams that really draws you in. They are extraverted-feelers - an ESFP, ENFP and an ESFJ. Though I'm not sure if I should count the ESFJ because while she has a very happy expression, she complains about a lot and so many things are a hardship for her, but she expresses all this with a plastered on smile.

Overall though, I really admire these people - they seem to be true optimists. :)

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I present a positive face to the world usually all the time, mostly because no one likes hanging out with a downer. I think some other extroverted people might present a positive face as well for that reason.

I know that when I'm depressed, the best cure is to hang around other people. However, other people generally don't like dragging / being around a depressed person. It's generally awkward and if everyone knows how depressed the person is (especially if it's for a good reason, like someone dying), it's just awkward all around. Everyone feels obligated to talk to you and try to cheer you up, and it just gets a weird vibe going.

Because of this, people don't want to hang around you, which makes you more depressed, which makes people not want to hang around you, etc. That's why I generally act happy even if I'm not.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ex was an ESFP and he always looked like the world had dawned a new day just for him.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I'd figure ExFP's would have this natural, radiant glow. Shines through.

What type are you and what kind of face to you present to the world?

If I'd be talking to you now, I'd be looking into you very deeply, paying all my attention to you, you wouldn't probably even notice how intensely I'd be watching you.
I'd be absorbing you.
I don't know what kind of face that is.

I'd say sincere, more reserved in expression than "open".
But my emotions definately show.
My eyes say more than my face altogether.

With people I like bringing out positiveness and warm, make them feel comfortable.
I smile, a lot. But it's somewhat restrained and self-conscious.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
yes, enfp, or imagine abraham lincoln or David Tennant or uri geller with a green tie or bowtie and pink dots on it. thats how my french teacher looked like.

no, wait---- david copperfield!!!

he is the original radiant rabbit

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I have a blank or serious look on my face mostly.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My default face is often described as "aloof," or "indifferent." Other times.. it seems mainly the overtly constantly smiley folks.. think I'm troubled somehow, when I'm in a fine mood.
I hate being told to "smile!" especially when I am in a good mood.

There are some people who interpret mood by behavior too.
Example.. I was sitting at a softball game a few yrs back.. it was a crappy campground-thing.. all the seasonal people went. My mom was keeping score, and I'd gone up to keep her company. My stepdad was playing.
This excessively bubbly, blonde, tanned 40-something woman Judy approached me.
I was in the shade, reading, actually not having a bad time. Keeping my mom company while still doing my own thing. (I have 0 interest in sports, and I refuse to pretend to be interested in anything)

Judy came up and asked what I was doing.
(reading?)
then she went into this big rant.. "WHY ARE YOU READING? WHAT'S WRONG ARE YOU SAD? WHY DON'T YOU SMILE? YOU'RE SO PRETTY YOU NEED TO SMIIIILE!! WHY ARE YOU READING? IT'S SUCH A NICE DAY, DON'T BE SO DOWN!"

.....:moodeath:

::edit:: maybe she was a rare case. I've never had anyone else think I was "sad" because I was reading.
It's funny but it hurts my brain.
A lot. :doh:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I think I tend to have a focused look on my face. Maybe a slight smirk and the onset of a chuckle when I'm kind of engaged but really just twisting things and amusing myself. I usually don't make much eye contact or really focus on people too much. I try and make it pretty clear that I'm not doing that so I won't get approached.

I think if I'm in especially good spirits I tend to smile a lot and be a little hyperactive.If I'm in just goofing off I can be really animated and excitable. These things are usually very context dependent and I have no problem switching my stance like that. I would say 70 percent of the time I'm either contented, focused, or with a slight smirk on my face.

Last edited:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
If I'd be talking to you now, I'd be looking into you very deeply, paying all my attention to you, you wouldn't probably even notice how intensely I'd be watching you.
I'd be absorbing you.
I don't know what kind of face that is.
Don't eat my soul :cry:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
People don't tell me I look happy, but the do tell me I look like I have no worries. "Like a character in a stoner movie." And that's an actual quote.
Yeah people often told me I looked stoned when I was just tired (or in my thought for that matter) . But I let it slide ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that EFs in general are the most likely to look happy. But when they look depressed they really look depressed.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I guess I look happy - coincidentally, yesterday I was told "you are always so happy!" and "you are smiling all the time!"

I admit though, I do make an effort to maintain a cheerful countenance.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I often dont recognize how I currently could look and I have a wide variety of facial expressions leading to foreign people always misjudging my mood. People who know me though, now exactly my mood and I could hide very little, if I would intend to.

My facial reaction is entp typical though. If someone talks to be, I crack a smile and know a good joke to respond with. That keeps em at bay, because its not easy to respond to the question "What are you thinking, with only one sentence" :D

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I tend to look murderous.

I'm usually happy and energetic with people I know really well, but as soon as I'm interacting with a stranger or an acquintance, I look really angry. When I'm quiet, I look angry. When there's little or no rapport, I look angry. Simple.

I've been a mentor at two confirmation camps (-07 and -08), and the students were scared of me, both times. Apparently people don't get that I'm exaggerating or being sarcastic if they don't know me. Or so I've been told (by two of the conf. camp students whom I got to know a bit better, they said they thought I was mad at them until I got to know them better).