• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and looking happy

alicia91

I was going to make a poll about this but couldn't see see the icon for setting up a poll so... What I want to know is -- who the heck are these people who look so darn happy and radiate positivity all the time? Most people seem to be neutral or sometimes look a bit happy or sad, others have a happy default and others just look negative. I'd think that extroverted feelers look the happiest. I'm very jealous of these types because I think it's a huge asset to have this positive glow. Unfortunately I do not. I've been told that I look kind of bitchy and that I'm friendlier than I look.

What type are you and what kind of face to you present to the world?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well it's strange that you post this today as someone mentioned to this to me earlier.... It's hard to judge what you are projecting to the world however, I have had a few people telling me that I seem very happy all the time. This one particular person who mentioned it today said that she was intrigued because she couldn't think why I would be happy in a particular situation... I don't know about glow... I can't be the best judge of myself obviously... The other thing is that I ike to make everyone around me happy and so to me to be always smiling is not out of place.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I generally always look angry or depressed. In general I'd call it serious. When I'm happy the smile I put on is hardly a smile, even though I feel happy. If you look in my profile the pictures there were of me with my natural expression, and you will understand what I'm talking about. It's funny, the other INFPs I know IRL and online always look serious even when they are happy. Maybe it's a trend.

EDIT:

Well it's strange that you post this today as someone mentioned to this to me earlier.... It's hard to judge what you are projecting to the world however, I have had a few people telling me that I seem very happy all the time. This one particular person who mentioned it today said that she was intrigued because she couldn't think why I would be happy in a particular situation... I don't know about glow... I can't be the best judge of myself obviously... The other thing is that I ike to make everyone around me happy and so to me to be always smiling is not out of place.

ENFPs always look happy, it brings about envy to me, since even when I am truly happy I will never look as happy as you when you are in your natural state. Every ENFP I know online and offline always looks happy or satisfied with themselves.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess I mostly look happy. I laugh and smile a lot. When among people I don't feel too comfortable with, I often look serious or sad though.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess I mostly look happy. I laugh and smile a lot. When among people I don't feel too comfortable with, I often look serious or sad though.

Yeah I lighten up around people too, but I still have a serious expression even though I laugh and smile a lot.

EDIT: I guess you could call it this "peaceful happiness" that Wild Horses mentions below. That seems pretty accurate.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i've been told that since i was a lil girl...all the time by everyone....i would guess esfp's are probably pretty happy people too??

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
That doesn't surprise me Erina! Yea me too. When I was little people used to assume that I had been eating sugar... as I was always giggling and happy HAHAHA... Yea I have met some pretty positive ESFPs... One thing I like about them actually!! I have also known some pretty happy INFPs too! One in particular comes to mind and whilst he doesn't always go around grinning like a cat ( Which I probably do) He has a peaceful happiness about him which I find really lovely to be around! :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
People don't tell me I look happy, but the do tell me I look like I have no worries. "Like a character in a stoner movie." And that's an actual quote.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My neutral face is read by others as either sad or tired. I would get that on occasion while growing up. If I was just sitting there thinking about something, people would ask, "What's wrong?" or "Is something wrong?", and I'd be like...uh, no.....

:smile:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People don't tell me I look happy, but the do tell me I look like I have no worries. "Like a character in a stoner movie." And that's an actual quote.

yeah...i think the guy enfp's probably have that mellow contented look all the time...my dad did too.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I always look happy. I recently was looking at kid pics of me. I have this huge frickin smile in all of them. Too funny. Heck you can see it in my pics when i was 2.

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
what type was the joker a la tdk? jolly fellow and personal aspiration.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I can only really do :dry: or :D I look more crazy when I do this :D, so mostly I do this :dry: .

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm one of these people who looks happy all the time. I think my neutral is alert, bright, often smiling. I put on a blank or neutral face and I get, "what's wrong?" from everybody I walk by.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Well I doubt you'll find an INTJ or and INFJ that looks happy all the time. My guess would be it's most likely SFPs...

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I doubt you'll find an INTJ or and INFJ that looks happy all the time. My guess would be it's most likely SFPs...

So true! When I'm using Ni, my face takes on a vacant, far-away look that people mistake for sadness, even though I'm usually happiest when I'm contemplating my inner world. I get a lot of: "What's wrong?" or "Cheer up, it might never happen!".

In contrast, when I'm in Fe mode, my face and body betray my every emotion, from irritation (scowling), frustration (ranting out loud) and yes, even happiness! I'm actually quite a "positive outlook" person (Enneagram type 9) and I can consciously switch this on so as to radiate a glow of happiness around me. I have to remember to do this, however, or I'll default to "vacant stare"!

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
The people I know who seem to radiate happiness are ESFP, ENTP, ENFP. Hmm. There seems to be a pattern.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I wish my neutral face would just look neutral. Instead it can look stone faced, forlorn, melancholic, slightly amused and sometimes it can look like I'm pissed about something, even when my thoughts and mood are really positive.

And sometimes people will assume to know my emotions and what's going in my head because of the default look. I can't blame them, but it can be really inaccurate.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't smile often nor am I generally expressive. It seems like people tend to avoid me. I've been told that my attitude comes off as 'hostile' or 'timid' when I first meet people which puts them off. But I seem to be oblivious to it.

When I was a kid I remember someone asking me, "Are you sad all the time? Whenever you come over here I never see you smile."