• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would an INTJ male find physically attractive?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm definitely not well-endowed. I'm the one in the green. Who, um, it looks like forgot to brush her hair that day.

Hmm, it's hard to make much out in that picture :D Probably won't get much from it. But you seem norm in that picture, without a significant body shape bias, so you can probably get away with plenty.

For the INTJ bit, as many have said, staying "formal"ish will help. Clean and simple, but tending towards over-dressed (not like tux in the gym, but just a sophisticated bias), should be the most effective.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(What's with all the introverts wanting other introverts?)

Because Extraverts (and especially Extraverted women) talk too much.

I'd suspect that an Introverted woman is also more careful with money, especially IxxJ.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I prefer introverts massively... it was only when I was a foolish youth that I liked extroverts.

To answer the original question:
npg is dead on. I dress in a very standard way, like many INTJs. We dress slightly nicer than most people around us, don't like patterns, and select things based on reliability/sensibility. Therefore, go with your natural inclinations. I don't even notice women usually, unless they're in such radical colors that I can't help it, then I'm a mix of repulsed and interested because they stood out so much.

I couldn't imagine being a woman because their clothing requires such frequent shopping, is so poorly made, and becomes out-of-date so quickly. As a male, all I need to avoid is collars that are too trendy, other than that and the pleated vs. flat pants thing (only crazy Extroverts care about this last one, like my ENTP brother, who makes a deal out of my pleats because he's so trendy with the flat pants), there's not much that goes out of style. I'm still wearing polo shirts that I bought in the late 90s (today I'm wearing a white polo shirt that I've had since I was in college), and my pants look basically identical to the kind I had back then. I buy clothing less than once a year.

Usehername

On a mission
Button-down shirts, fitted jackets, jeans or black/brown pants. Just wear something classic, and you can't go wrong.

Besides, if you're hot, you could wear a burlap sack and you'd still be hot. If you're ugly, the world's most perfect outfit won't be able to save you.

yeah, qft.

Hey, btw, I only recently realized your Ani Difranco reference. Don't you feel dumb when stuff like that is right in front of your face and you didn't even notice it?

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's generally important that when an I talks, he/she gets heard. E's don't tend to do it as much as other Is :D

Yes. Look, you Es are great people, I love you all dearly, you have your own unique strengths blah blah blah but you guys seriously don't have an ear for subtlety. With friends I can deal with this. In a relationship, no thanks.

(Of course I say that now; watch me wind up falling madly in love with and marrying an ESFP.)

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
There is no way for us to know what he is attracted to, and we obviously differ in our tastes. For instance, I am very rarely attracted to Introverts (besides physically, of course), but that doesn't appear to be the norm in this thread. I prefer girls that stand out...to some degree.

What I'm getting at, is that I don't see very much helpful potential in this thread. I'd be more curious to see how two INTJs end up together. Would one ever ask out the other?

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
What I'm getting at, is that I don't see very much helpful potential in this thread. I'd be more curious to see how two INTJs end up together. Would one ever ask out the other?
That is a funny thought, and so very true.

On Mycroft's comment:
Not quite as bad as that, but I still find ENFPs rather curious. I still think it's somewhat like poking a snake with a stick, but sometimes it's hard to resist.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
What's up with all the extrovert hate? I thought is was all love. :(

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Are you all sure you prefer introverts? Or are you just lonely and craving for copies of yourselves? :)

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Are you all sure you prefer introverts? Or are you just lonely and craving for copies of yourselves? :)
Yes, I'm absolutely sure, and you wouldn't understand.

You see, we may be lonely, but at least I know better than to want to be in a relationship with someone that would annoy me and/or drive me crazy. Extra stress is not worth it. I have enough family that is extroverted already, I certainly wouldn't want to add yet another to the clan (unless they accept the way I am and can deal with that).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And I fell for it. Stupid extrovert!:doh: Now I'm going to call someone and talk about it for the next 2 hours.

I'm secretly in love with pixelated characters.

Damn, it's no longer secret!!! :steam:

Rohsiph

MBTI Type
lego
<picture>

. . .

I'm definitely not well-endowed. I'm the one in the green. Who, um, it looks like forgot to brush her hair that day.

I've known and been sure of the INTJ-ness of only one female--a philosophy professor. Granted, it's hard to tell for sure just from seeing the back, but you and her both appear to have very similar hair-styles . . . just an interesting coincidence that probably means nothing to anyone but myself.

The consensus seems to be suggesting that a "slightly more formal than needed" style would work best. I've never understood the draw of formal-wear myself, but, in theory, I suppose it could work. Moreso "sophisticated" than "formal." I still suggest, as a foundation, you try to find a fashion as natural as possible. Based on the one picture you've posted, I will echo ptgatsby's sentiment that there are lots of options that would look good on you.

Usehername

On a mission
Sounds like my daughter.

IMO, the most important thing is that your clothes fit. That means trying them on, which even I detest.

Maybe go with mostly understated/neutral/serious, but with a little bit of quirkiness that shows something about what you like or how you think.

That's probably not much help. FWIW, autumns can wear black if it's a warmish shade, you just have to hold the garment in question near your face and check in the mirror to see what it does.

hmmm. i did not know this.

thank you.

Usehername

On a mission
thanks for all the replies, guys. i'm taking it all in!

as a sidenote, if you click on the pic, it blows up.
And the guy I'm talking to (and apparently needing to explain to him that something is "very wide"?) is an INTJ too. The group of us got tested together; it was soo weird. We were thinking, "oohhh, so this is why we can talk about everything and follow each other but people think we're weird!" I friend-heart him.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Because Extraverts (and especially Extraverted women) talk too much.

I'd suspect that an Introverted woman is also more careful with money, especially IxxJ.
Um . . . yeah . . . about that . . . not necessarily. Some of us have a hard time seeing electronic money as finite and concrete and trouble remembering exactly how much is in the account and how much we are supposed to leave in for electronic payments and what day is this anyway??