• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Releasing the Brakes on your Type

wolfy

awsm
I was curious whether people had tips on taking advantage of the strengths and negating the weaknesses of their type.

Please share...

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My biggest strength is my spontaneity and impulsiveness, which I take advantage of by having lots of fun without having to plan it in advance. Also my personal values are a strength that keeps me from following the impulses that get me into more trouble or cause harm. :blush:

My biggest weakness would likely be my slobbiness or procrastination, or possibly being an oversensitive hothead. I think actually reading this site and stuff about personality types has helped me with the latter because I have tried to be more understanding of other people's motivations and actions and not gotten as upset at stuff I used to take more personally. The first part, well, that I'm still struggling with an answer for, but I was even worse before I had a son, so having him around actually does remind me of the need to try to make a better effort to not put things off and to try to clean up and organize better, so even though I still suck at it, at least I'm trying now whereas I used to not care much at all.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
how about taking advantage of the weakness of my type?
if i am unable to "get a live", i may excel in confronting death.

(yeah, more desperate than wise)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Notice them then go with the good stuff and stop the bad shit. You're welcome :)

Don't know of any shortcuts besides self awareness to be honest.

heart

heart on fire
One thing I would say is as Feeler I try to listen to thinking when it comes as critical voice, I try not to just reject it and ignore such inner criticism like I used to, but I try instead to translate it out of it's negative aspect.

"You'll never be smart enough to learn this!"

Becomes:

"This subject is hard, you better pay attention to the details instead of glossing over them as you are wont to do."

This sort of thing.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't have any strengths:cry:

Seriously though, my ability to keep an open mind, and being a relatively fast learner are my strengths.
Weaknesses are my bouts of quick temper, and my cautiousness around the NT's. I only pipe up when I'm relatively sure I can hold my ground intellectually.

maerzhase

how about taking advantage of the weakness of my type?
if i am unable to "get a live", i may excel in confronting death.

(yeah, more desperate than wise)

Nice one.
I wish I had a higher motivation to just whirl around and fulfill my quota like all these SJ. That is probably my biggest curse. I am not lazy if you demand things from me. However I just would not move by much if I am left to my own. :rolli: