• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You're not 100% anything.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Anyone who scores 100% I, I have news for you. You're not. You can be a strong I - even a very strong I - but I seriously doubt you'd be hanging around this or any forum.

Whenever people tell me their #s - unless they took the test professionally before knowing anything about it - I'm skeptical. The result usually reflects that they know what the test is looking for, and they're idealizing some type in mind. Saying you've taken the test "hundreds of times" and have come out this way each and every time just strengthens the test-gaming theory.

The MBTI is inherently flawed, and I'm not exactly sure how to fix it - or whether it's even worth it to fix it. How you score depends on so many factors - how much you know about the test, how you feel at that moment (I always score as more introverted when I'm depressed; go figure), and whether you're answering as your actual type versus idealized type. Not to mention, the dichotomous nature of the MBTI is rather suspect. I behave differently in different situations, but the MBTI is not exactly designed to test that.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I feel ya on this, 100% :D

MBTI will always be tainted by subjectivity and I don't think that can be fixed. The most valuable thing I think a professional MBTI testing offers is the insight of a neutral(ish- they will always have their own lenses as well) third party who isn't invested in seeing you in any particular way.

I always score higher on the sensor stuff when I'm depressed. That doesn't mean sensor stuff is by its nature depressing or that intuition is the realm of the mentally free. It's specific to me.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
you're wrong buddy!!! My intuition tells me you're wrong and I follow THAT 100% of the time!!!!!!!!!
God's going to destroy Detroit in 48 hours according to my intuition. "Destroy" is up to interpretation as is God.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know that when i first took it i got infp then i took it again and it was like 56 e 75 n 75f then 56 p and now t's like 87 e 100n 60f 100p so i'm either more clear now or i just know how to answer the questions. i do wish there was a way to get an accurate result each time...because i do think the strength of each preference is kind of important.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're wrong buddy!!! My intuition tells me you're wrong and I follow THAT 100% of the time!!!!!!!!!
God's going to destroy Detroit in 48 hours according to my intuition. "Destroy" is up to interpretation as is God.

Wow! Did everyone see that GM stock just dropped to a penny a share?!

anyhoo.... The percentages just describe the arbitrary range considered by the test. Which might or might not conform to reality.

After all, what is someone who is 100% extroverted anyway? Or 100% introverted? Obviously not what it looks like if you take the term literally. It's just a language that can be unpacked to convey information about a person, but like any language, it can be applied loosely, incorrectly, or ambiguously. It's not math.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
Wow! Did everyone see that GM stock just dropped to a penny a share?!

anyhoo.... The percentages just describe the arbitrary range considered by the test. Which might or might not conform to reality.

After all, what is someone who is 100% extroverted anyway? Or 100% introverted? Obviously not what it looks like if you take the term literally. It's just a language that can be unpacked to convey information about a person, but like any language, it can be applied loosely, incorrectly, or ambiguously. It's not math.

%100 introverted is dead
%100 extroverted is on crack

But realistically the main problem isn't Jung typology but the MBTI. The indicators don't always accurately indicate your type.

I went and read the description of each thing to figure out my type.

maerzhase

I have not even done the test because I am suspicous of it. My close friends say that my type desription fits me perfect. I did a few online tests that indicate my type. I also notice that I will change my answer in these test. I guess because I can sympathise with all answers sometimes. However reading about type and the description I am pretty sure of my strong Ni and the F. I am working hard to develop all my other functions as well because I would not like to be defined by a few letters. The real benefit of type to me is the theory behind it. I would say the best confirmation of your type is to observe yourself interacting with other people in real life.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
What we need is a perfect (or much more accurate) MBTI test...

MBTI Type
INxJ
Whenever people tell me their #s - unless they took the test professionally before knowing anything about it - I'm skeptical. The result usually reflects that they know what the test is looking for, and they're idealizing some type in mind. Saying you've taken the test "hundreds of times" and have come out this way each and every time just strengthens the test-gaming theory.

While the internet does carry less credibility, one can answer a professional test in the same subjective manner as online tests. The problem isn't the test itself (though it could use tweaking), it's the filter of the individual.

Percentages are bs, because people are full of it.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
If someone scores 100% N consistently, they are 100% N, unless they are mistyping themselves. Of course this doesn't mean that they can't have sensor qualities or are somehow 100% intuitive. But as far as MBTI is concerned, they are 100% N.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am totally 100 percent anything.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
If someone scores 100% N consistently, they are 100% N, unless they are mistyping themselves. Of course this doesn't mean that they can't have sensor qualities or are somehow 100% intuitive. But as far as MBTI is concerned, they are 100% N.
Obviously someone in the world must be 100% N. But the chances we have someone who scores 100% in multiple categories are extraordinarily slim. More likely, people are answering questions a particular way because they have their type in mind coming into the test. It kind of comes with the testing territory. *shrug*

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Obviously someone in the world must be 100% N. But the chances we have someone who scores 100% in multiple categories are extraordinarily slim. More likely, people are answering questions a particular way because they have their type in mind coming into the test. It kind of comes with the testing territory. *shrug*

Scoring 100% on at least one of the preferences is somewhat common from what I've seen. I agree that people lose some perspective when they already have a type in mind, but most people IRL that I've gotten to take the test, had no prior knowledge of personality type theory, though there are still some biases that they might be under.

heart

heart on fire
You can be a strong I - even a very strong I - but I seriously doubt you'd be hanging around this or any forum.

Totally aside from the idea of whether or not people can accurately scrore 100 percent on the categories of the MBTI tests (Not sure anyone really claims to actually be 100 percent anything):

Posting on a forum is totally different from in person interaction. It's even different from voice chat using a mic (which is energy draining). Text interaction on forums buffers a lot of the energy drain of in person communication. The introvert can pick and chose how much interaction and when. It's a big difference.

deleted
100% is either how many questions you got right or your subjective analysis of yourself. You believe you are 100% introverted, more power to you. I guess I won't be talking to you anymore.