• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTPs do you relate: black and white vision and dislike fuzziness

Qre:us

You forgot taxes, and lying :)

Put your hands together.....

....pray .....that the gray doesn't get scrutinized too closely.
....clap......that Big Brother bought your version of gray. [and they don't follow up]

'Sides, Lying! It's like playing dress-up with Miss. Truth. I always dress her up as a catholic school girl :smile:. Helps.

Black/white?

My personal stance in debates. Pretty much everything is up for debate. And, the reason I can get down, is cuz I have this assumption: nothing is black/white. No thought is flawless. Hence, there will be holes. Then it's up to my Ne to quickly, and with precision, find those holes. While my Ti elaborates on why the hole is a hole.

In decision-making, it is the best of all plausible grays/choices available. And, I'm pretty okay with making a decision knowing full well that it is not black or white; doesn't hinder my decision-making, nor the results thereafter.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
start wearing grey as a warning?

:D Come to think of it, I've always got (grey) cat fuzz on me. That should be fair warning enough.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have a tendency to see people with a strong J preference as simpletons. It seems like they are distorting reality when they simplify everything down to a "black and white" scenario.

G

garbage

I have a tendency to see people with a strong J preference as simpletons. It seems like they are distorting reality when they simplify everything down to a "black and white" scenario.

Is it okay for me to agree with this? Because I do.

It can be useful to abstract reality by categorizing, because it can help make sense of the world. But it's dangerous when one forgets that the "new" reality created by those categorizations is merely an abstraction.. that there are underlying details that aren't accounted for.

Taking MBTI as an example, it's the difference between treating each dichotomy (e.g. T/F) as an "either/or" or as a sliding scale. The former would be more prone to seeing all, say, ISFPs as identical, whereas the latter view accounts for differences between them.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is it okay for me to agree with this? Because I do.

It can be useful to abstract reality by categorizing, because it can help make sense of the world. But it's dangerous when one forgets that the "new" reality created by those categorizations is merely an abstraction.. that there are underlying details that aren't accounted for.

Taking MBTI as an example, it's the difference between treating each dichotomy (e.g. T/F) as an "either/or" or as a sliding scale. The former would be more prone to seeing all, say, ISFPs as identical, whereas the latter view accounts for differences between them.

Yes. Yes! YES!!! :D

All of the simplifying and categorizations are very pragmatic. It's a very good method when you just need to get stuff done or make progress on something. But in the back of your head you should always realize that it's all a simplification for pragmatic purposes.

It can be very easy (for example) to put human beings into a small set of categories, but ultimately each person is very detailed and complex. Therefore putting a person in a category can often distill away a lot of relevant information.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think every entp will agree with me. Even when arguing something with what seems to be the rigtheousness of the true believer.. It's more about the love of arguing than that of the truth, because there's no absolute truth a man could ever reach. And dont get me started about the religions :azdaja:. I believe in my heart of heart doesn't stand the test of a 3 years old's capacity for analysis.

Even when it comes to physics you can represent the same event using different models, as long as it works. (ex: 2d holographic representation of "3d" events etc.)
When I discuss something I usually have my mind whispering all the 'holes' in my theory to my hears, including those that are just radicaly opposed to it and would, rethorically speaking, crush them.

But it's usually fun because I hope the guy\gal I'm arguing with will spot those. It usually never happens.

ps: Special mention for Qre:rus, it's a pleasure talking shit with ya : P

Qre:us

ps: Special mention for Qre:rus, it's a pleasure talking shit with ya : P

Back at'cha compadre! Talking shit is always better than taking shit. :newwink:

Constipation, I heard, is never healthy.

[we shall cooly side-step a debate on ENTP & verbal diarrhea...for tonite]

Oh, and no *hole jokes. Holes in theories is one thing...

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Here's how I see it.
When judging anything, I try to evaluate all the factors that will affect my judgement, weigh them, and make the judgement. While my judgement is never black and white, many of the factors that I use to make said judgement are, however, black and white. What I get in the end is a decision colored by many different factors, all reduced to the simplest form, and a good chunk of these factors are solely positive or solely negative.
Basically I don't see wholes as black and white, but when I delve down, I do see many smaller components that are often more concrete and black and white than when you view things as a whole.