• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

P type eights

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
We all know ENTJs are sterotypical eights. But what about percievers? Are there any Perciever eights here?

What type could they be? :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
like in 7w8?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTP and ENTP are very requently 8s, and the same way in reverse. To a lesser extent you'll find type 8 ENFPs.

As for Judging 8s, of course there are ENTJs and ESTJs. INTJs I believe constitute the most common I type for 8s.

I know people stereo-typically say that 8s are ENTJs, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the EP types were actually 8 more often. The reason is that there isn't a particular overlap between being J and that qualities of an 8.

8s tend to be impetous, which actually desribes EPs more than EJs. The semi-instinctual quality of using Perceiving functions first suits the 8 well. So I also think EJs are probably more "well adjusted" 8s, while the EPs and IJs would have the more extreme ones. Though, I bet the Fs are also a bit milder than the T 8s, but they're definitely rarer.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
We all know ENTJs are sterotypical eights. But what about percievers? Are there any Perciever eights here?

What type could they be? :D

If any Ps are 8's, I'd say they'd almost have to be ENTP. :yes:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ESTPs can easily be 8. I'd consider unlikely an ENTP 8.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm a P and I'm an 8.

I'm waiting for Babylon Candles to prove to me that my "MBTI + enneagram" constitutes a paradox.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I've seen an ENFJ type 8. It's rather frightening.

G

garbage

I've seen an ENFJ type 8. It's rather frightening.

My best friend is an ENFJ type 8.. and, yes, very scary at times.

I'd think that ESTPs could easily type as 8's.. they're a lot like us in many ways, after all.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
I am supposedly an eight, though I had many scores as three.
I think it depends on my mood, though 8 seems more appropriate.

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
My best friend is an ENFJ type 8.. and, yes, very scary at times.

I'd think that ESTPs could easily type as 8's.. they're a lot like us in many ways, after all.

I'm curious, what does the ENFJ Type 8 do, to make you feel this way. Aren't they quite Fe orientated?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I regularly score high on 8, every time I take the enneagram 8 is at the top along with 2,4, and 5.

G

garbage

I'm curious, what does the ENFJ Type 8 do, to make you feel this way. Aren't they quite Fe orientated?

Yeah, and that's exactly the "problem."

He's renting a house and has enlisted a roommate. He goes on constantly about what his roommate is "supposed" to do in terms of chores, talking to him as if he's a child.

With me.. well, sometimes he has different expectations than I do of what a friend is "supposed" to do. When I fail to meet those, he tends to try to go to drastic measures to ensure that I do so.

That's exactly Fe, with social rules and roles as a guiding force, supplemented with a need to control that's indicative of 8.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

He's renting a house and has enlisted a roommate. He goes on constantly about what his roommate is "supposed" to do in terms of chores, talking to him as if he's a child.

With me.. well, sometimes he has different expectations than I do of what a friend is "supposed" to do. When I fail to meet those, he tends to try to go to drastic measures to ensure that I do so.

That's exactly Fe, with social rules and roles as a guiding force, supplemented with a need to control that's indicative of 8.

But I think that what you describe is more likely unhealthy 1. Of course, you know him better - just an opinion on the MBTI-enneagram association.

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?

I see what you mean. How do you think he can improve that consciously? When I try to think of a way through things, I go through, how to improve circumstances for myself and others, sometimes try to change behaviour a lot if I can, if it solves things, genuinely.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
8 is Choleric, so I would think any EST/ENJ could have strong 8 characteristis. ENTP is Sanguine-choleric, ald usually fits right into the corresponding 7w8. ESTP is the reverse, Choleric-Sanguine. since it's the Interaction Style (What we usually see first in them) that is Choleric, they will most likely fit 8 better than the ENTP.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a P and I'm an 8.

I'm waiting for Babylon Candles to prove to me that my "MBTI + enneagram" constitutes a paradox.

ive had lengthy debates with you (ENFP), an INFJ and one other person on this board about this before...

IMO, being an 8 basically IS having inferior Fi. Others simply don't agree with my assumption, so its hard to really convince them besides laying out the theory of enneagrams being inferior functions.

for 8's: they are very "all or nothing", too much, too loud, too late (staying up), too intense. This isnt the kind of too much of an ENFP or ENTP, its too much as in 8's just have no ability to gradient inferior Fi. This is where ENTJs can be complete assholes about something normal, but then get really stirred up by some 'underdog story'. 8's also have issues with being controlled. they are known having that 'incredible hulk' moment, where they just AAAHHHH!!!!! and break free of a percieved something that is going to control them.

thats all pretty much the most obvious unhealthy 8 traits. when healthy, 8s use that inferior Fi to direct their Te or SeTi towards healthy causes (ie: magnanimous).

So i may not ever be able to convince you of the idea that 8s are inferior Fi people... but if you do ever come over to my side, then you will see how ridiculous type 8 ENFP, INFJ etc sounds.

(type 8 ESTP i could definitely see having a form of inferior Fi)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Inferior functions? Interesting.
Where have you discussed that before, and which of the nine is left out of the eight possible functions? 3? (Which I have seen some say does not fit anywhere).