• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFX Hypocrisy

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Oh please. That's exactly what you've been talking about. Are you backtracking now?

No it isn't. What I talked about was going along with the sentiments of a given situation.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Interesting. I never even looked in this thread because just simply reading the title made me annoyed that once again ENF's must defend themselves if they are doing something that is done universally within each type. I won't begin by saying that two of the worst examples of people being hypocritial I've encountered in my life were by an NT and an SJ (the SJ was a T by the way) Oh wait I did start out that way...oops :) (well I just won't finish the thought) (see that was just something uncalled for but would I be hypocritical if I held back....?)

Anyway I have no problem with being honest about my flaws also. I think I'm prob more honest about my flaws than alot of people...and if something is bought to my attention I will certainly consider it (almost to the point of obsession because I truly don't want something that's warpped about me to affect someone else negatively. As far as saying one thing or acting one way and doing another I won't because not only is that wrong, I truly don't want to be "fake". Will I be nice to someone I don't really like. Sure why would I be nasty? I'm not making that person my best friend but I can certainly say hello in the hallway or help them pick something up if they drop it (etc...) Would I/you step over someone who needed help simply because you didn't like them so that you can stay true to your feeling? What the heck!? If I'm really at the point where there is someone or some situation that I can't stand I stay the heck away. If I'm required to be with that person or in that situation I will either try to avoid it or in the case of the person do what needs to be done and move on (quickly) and in the end if I feel it necessary to let the person know why I find them distasteful I will. The end.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
"I also don't think it can be generalised to ENFs, since the J/P trait is behaviourally important, and in particular, the -NFP traits seem dominant in what is being talked about (--Fp bending and lack of assertion in the example, and a -N-P trait in regards to the fleeting behaviour), not a type in particular. Because there is no specific type being measured, the events are easily reinterpreted to shift between the J/P divide as a way to hide conflicting data - ie: justify belief rather than conclude from data."

Can I PLease Swear on this forum??!!! AGGGGGGG
This is just one of the pieces of @#$%^&@#$%^&^%$ that people wrote about ENF's. Is that the latest stereotype?- to assume that every insencere moron is an ENFp.
THIS IS BULLSH*t!
I am an ENFP. I am not 'smooth'. I am not a spineless chump. AND I AM NOT GOING TO ALLOW ANY OF YOU TO GET AWAY WITH THIS STEREOTYPING.

Don't you see why people warn against misuses of type?!! How in the hell do you think you are accomplishing ANYTHING?

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
>_> Calm down, Gabe.

If you read that carefully, you'll see that the poster was in favor of ENFs. Furthermore, this is an old thread. The forum loves us ENFs.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
"So you're basically saying that an INTJ would relinquish a standpoint just as soon as an ENFP would?"

Well actually , the answer to that question is a definate YES.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not responding to the latest poster, I'm responding to the posters of the quotes I've copied

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Edit:

Nevermind, it takes too much energy for me to read through all the responses right now.

::yawn::

Copious amounts of Russian food = nap time.

:sleeping:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, my opinion is that ENs are the most manipulative people in the system, not distinguishing N from T. Sorry People. :redface:

Just going on personal experience and a little conjecture here, I think ENTs are more likely to be cold-blooded bastards, where as ENFs are more likely to get hopelessly lost in denial.
This is assuming that things have to be bad to begin with, of course.

***I did not read much of the rest of the thread***

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
The only way it should get ressurected would be if everyone who wrote un-merited crap about ENFs were to personally admit that they all are wrong.

Seriously, I do feel bad about going nuts about this, but some of the things written completely infuriated me because they contradict some of the things I value most: honesty, strength of conviction. Is that not what you felt when you read this thread, Niffer?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
here- to make you feel better!

I love ENFPs to death- one of my best friends is one and I don't find her the slightest bit hypocritical :D I'd trust her with anything!

ENFJs on the other hand, I'm not the biggest fan. I dated one for a long time and developed a strong enough hatred of him that he has a very high spot on my list of people who I intend to kill if diagnosed with a terminal illness! :D
he was a horrible hypocrite about everything- including cheating on me and then yelling at me that I was a horrible slut for talking to a male friend! :cry:

and swear all you want! :D

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
The reason I have not felt the desire or need to respond to this thread has nothing to do with dirty laundry. I am honest about my flaws even those I would rather not disclose. The above statement explains perfectly my thoughts on the matter. Why defend bullshit? I think if this thread was meant to be a learning experience (as stated several times) it should have been done very differently. I appreciate that FL took the time to do what he did here. It appears to me people are going to believe what they want and nothing can be said at this point to change it. I think any "defense" contributed would be twisted honestly. I don't know if the other ENFs feel this way but I do.

Hey, I wasn't so lazy I couldn't go back 2 pages. :D

I agree with Lookin4.

And speaking just for me (not on behalf of all NFs or all ENFPs, just l'il ole Aunti CzeCze herself) -- I only answer to trolling threads where the punchline is enough of a pay off for me.

I just think it's hilarious everytime an NT makes some pompous sweeping generalizations based on a few people you have PERSONAL beef with and then decide they must be NF and then you 'prove' your right to be angry with your spin of the day on MBTI theory.

Dude, if you've been burned or hurt in the past, just write a letter to whoever specifically wronged you and burn it. It's MUCH more cathartic for you and it will save others the trouble of getting dragged through the mud with you.

I understand joking around, taking things with a grain of salt, or even honest curiousity, and hey god knows I've jumped on the bandwagon on the 'hate a XXXX' threads (haha, whatever can attest to this) -- but sweeping judgement calls with an air of authority? And then telling people to either explain or disprove to you why they are the bastards you say they are? PUH-LEEZE.

What cracks me up even more is when the same NT says in the next breath, "Why do people say I'm a cold, unfeeling, arrogant bastard? I'm just being me!!"

Ditto, brother, DITTO.

And that is all.

*touch finish*

Last edited:

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Please don't slamENFJ's either. I don't even know if your boyfriend was actually an ENFJ!

Thanks for trying trying to help though. :)

Now on to a topic about the 'certitude' so frequently mentioned in this thread. There's no part of the theory saying that an FP type has any tendency to be less strong willed/decisive than any other type. This idea was just invented on the internet at some point.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Please don't slamENFJ's either. I don't even know if your boyfriend was actually an ENFJ!

Thanks for trying trying to help though. :)

Now on to a topic about the 'certitude' so frequently mentioned in this thread. There's no part of the theory saying that an FP type has any tendency to be less strong willed/decisive than any other type. This idea was just invented on the internet at some point.

he was

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well actually, CzeCze, I know many rationals who would find the stuff written by the "NT"'s here to be posatively moronic. In fact, the new (fairest to all types) models of psychological type are being developed by rationals: Linda Berens, John Beebe, Dario Nardi (INTP, ENTP, and INTJ respectively).
Remember, no one gets negatively singled out IN THE NAME OF type. However, if you were to remove "you NT's" from every mention in the post, you'd have a very astute observation of what those folks were up to.