• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and their respective high school personas...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm in a stereotyping mood today, so don't mind me. Just making a few more nicknames. Don't worry, I'll hate all types equally:

SJs
This is the group that the principals and teachers love. They are the example setters for the rest of the school to follow. They are the smart ones who study hard and probably will be voted as "Most Likely to Succeed."

ESTJ: The Valedictorian
The ultimate example setter for an American male teen. People admire this type for being practically good at everything. They get good grades, are socially active, and are generally attractive and charming. Usually very mature for their age, because they know how to set limits for themselves. However, they are often intolerant of those who don't conform.

ISTJ: The Hall Monitor
These people are similar to the ESTJs, but quieter. They often do well in school, are well-rounded, and possibly active in extracurricular activities. May be independent, but will conform if it helps them meet a strategic goal. They are probably the most uptight. However, like the ESTJ, they are critical of the others who don't conform to the established ideals.

ESFJ: The Preppy
The model student for an American female teen. Interested in makeup, clothing, and anything trendy, usually to appear more socially desirable. Therefore, they seem to be interested in all kinds of music, movies, and other forms of entertainment. They like small dogs, say "Ewww!!!" a lot, and they're afraid of spiders and Goth kids.

ISFJ: The Doormat
The ultimate loyal followers. Whatever "group" they are affiliated with, they will be unbending to its cause. Goes along with other people's plans lest it damage their friendships. They are often chameleons -- they do things because their friends do it, and they are generally very effective at it.

SPs
This is the group that the principals and teachers hate because they are hard to discipline. They rebel for the sole purpose of enjoyment. Although they cause trouble, they have a reasonably easy time getting out of it. For this reason, the intelligence of this group is often underestimated.

ESTP: The Jock
Like the ESTJ, the ESTP is handsome and charming in appearance, but is more of a free spirit. The ESTP's goal is probably more geared toward their chosen interest for the pure enjoyment rather than setting an example. Hence, the ESTP won't hesitate if he enjoys a more underground life. The ESTP is perceived as either the "star" or the "bully." The ESTP is liked for his "bad boy" persona.

ISTP: The Warrior
Somewhat like the ESTP, but quieter. This type is highly skilled with mechanical things, and possibly a math whiz. People are probably drawn to this type because of his mysterious aura. A male ISTP will quite possibly be perceived by women as "sexy" because of his graceful movements in performance. His earthiness plus enigma makes his appeal possibly even more intense than the ESTP. The ISTP is both smart and practical.

ESFP: The Hedonist
Here we have the ultimate fun and pleasure seeker who loves life and the people within it. Probably the most impulsive type and most likely to be diagnosed with ADHD. They enjoy exploring the world for the pleasure in of itself. Always makes the best of things, and is arguably the happiest of all types.

ISFP: The Art Connoisseur
Like the ESFP, appreciates aesthetic experiences, but is more personal. This often leads the ISFP to display an independent streak and a knack for artistic performance. And so, this type is more likely to be involved in artistic performance such as dance, modeling, or painting. Displays a subtle flamboyancy and quiet narcissism. Others accuse this type as being snobby.

NTs
People of this group are, much like the SPs, overlooked for their intelligence. However, while the SPs are perceived as being hyperactive, the NTs are perceived as socially dysfunctional in one way or another.

ENTJ: The Punk
This type likely to be perceived as the ESTJ's deviant twin. Rather than conforming, the ENTJ is highly critical of the status quo and has no fear of expressing and acting upon it in the world. Here we have the original visionary pioneer or unforgiving misanthrope. Very simply, the ENTJ does not take things the way they are. The ENTJ may also seem like the ESTP, either a jock or a bully. If a jock, the ENTJ sees a strategic purpose behind it, while the ESTP sees enjoyment. If a bully, while the ESTP may simply enjoy teasing others for fun, the ENTJ acts out of vengeance.

INTJ: The Rebel
Think of the INTJ as an ENTJ on the inside. This means that an INTJ probably has similar values as the ENTJ, but unlike the ENTJ, the INTJ has a certain lack of confidence, and so lives their visions in their internal world. INTJs likely have a vision of a change, but has less confidence in applying it. And where the ENTJ is confident about standing up to enemies, perhaps dreaming up and applying creative methods of defeat, the INTJ lives it in his/her mind.

ENTP: The Joker
The ENTP is the original goofball and ultimate punster. The ENTP can be extremely inventive and have unique off-the-wall ideas, but most types dismiss them as being ridiculous. The ENTP is likely perceived as an underachiever and possibly even stupid and obnoxious. And so, despite being Extraverts, they are sometimes not particularly socially desirable. Others perceive them as entertaining, funny, and all around good company, but ultimately superficial.

INTP: The Know-it-all
The INTP is the one who is book-smart and deeply knowledgeable. They are collectors of trivia regardless of its practicality. They are likely to have esoteric interests or otherwise interests atypical of others in their age group. Like other NTs, and especially the ENTP, the INTP likely has a unique, quirky sense of humor. They are usually intellectually playful, but have trouble taking things seriously. They lack the awareness of social cues, such as how they come across to others, but like other NTs, they often don't care.

NFs

ENFJ: The Trend Setter
These are the world's humanistic idealists. They are often very artistic in their approach; they are often funky dressers or else have their own unique way of expressing themselves. The ENFJ is both conservative in that they like order, but also unconventional in their style and views. This is why practically every type is drawn to the ENFJ. Their innovations are masked by their outer seductiveness, whether they realize it or not.

INFJ: The Romantic
On the inside, this type is similar to the INTJ, but the persona they show to the world couldn't be more different. Where the INTJ is the critic (or misanthrope) who sometimes comes off as a jerk, the INFJ is much more pleasant on the outside. They somewhat resemble the ISFJ in that they are often used as "doormats" because they don't wish to damage their relationships. True also, that both the INFJ and ISFJ can be insecure, but where the ISFJ generally sweeps their inner processes under the rug, the INFJ sweeps their outer perceptions under the rug in favor of walking their inner landscape where they live their unconscious desires.

ENFP: The Drama Queen
At first glance, the ENFP may seem like the ESFP, but where the ESFP is a dramatic realist, the ENFP is the dramatic idealist (hence their nickname). Where ESFPs are their own personalities, the ENFP dreams of an idealized sense of self, which could lead them to be either fantastic actors and actresses or cunning manipulators. The ENFP's habit of idealizing the self and the world around around them place a risk of confusing their own reality. And so the ENFP is deep in the sense that they are perceptive and can create a fantasy out of world around them, a gift that could make them into astonishing storytellers (or pathological liars), but also shallow in that they may lose their own true identity.

INFP: The Pagan
A quiet form of the ENFP. They share the ENFP's trait of idealizing the outer world and leading their own path, but they have better balance between the outer world and their own inner reflection. The INFP shares rich personal ideals with the ISFP and an active fantasy life with the ENFP. But where the ISFP's ideals are mostly geared around physicality (comfort and beauty), the INFP's ideals are often unattainable in present physical reality, and can only be lived through imagination, which they have a desire to express through an artistic media. Their easy-going yet dreamy, ethereal nature leads the typical INFP to be perceived as the "Pagan" wanderer.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
On the inside, this type is similar to the INTJ, but the persona they show to the world couldn't be more different. Where the INTJ is the critic (or misanthrope) who sometimes comes off as a jerk, the INFJ is much more pleasant on the outside. They somewhat resemble the ISFJ in that they are often used as "doormats" because they don't wish to damage their relationships. True also, that both the INFJ and ISFJ can be insecure, but where the ISFJ generally sweeps their inner processes under the rug, the INFJ sweeps their outer perceptions under the rug in favor of walking their inner landscape where they live their unconscious desires.

Often true, actually. But I will only go along with others as long as it's reasonable, just, and safe. I'll refuse if it isn't one of those three things. It is true that it's mainly the persona that's different. If I see an authority figure who executes a plan poorly, I'll be thinking to myself "Hasn't he ever heard of contingency planning? Moron." Outwardly, however, I'll be very polite, obedient, and respectful towards the person. If what they're planning could actually put people (or myself) in jeopardy, though, I would say something, but still try to be respectful and polite. An INTJ would never hold back, I imagine.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i must have been a different type in high school.

Langrenus

Doesn't chime with my experience of secondary school - or, indeed, life - at all, but feel free to continue to stereotype if it makes you feel better.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
A quiet form of the ENFP. They share the ENFP's trait of idealizing the outer world and leading their own path, but they have better balance between the outer world and their own inner reflection. The INFP shares rich personal ideals with the ISFP and an active fantasy life with the ENFP. But where the ISFP's ideals are mostly geared around physicality (comfort and beauty), the INFP's ideals are often unattainable in present physical reality, and can only be lived through imagination, which they have a desire to express through an artistic media. Their easy-going yet dreamy, ethereal nature leads the typical INFP to be perceived as the "Pagan" wanderer.

Lol so true really, I always made the other kids play fantasy games, princess, witch, dragons, pretend flying, going to school with a cape on.:blush:

I didn't see the SJ as fitting my best friend who was the ultimate rebel at school.

EDIT: it should be noted that my cape flying days were at primary school, not secondary lol, at secondary the ENFP describes me best.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Doesn't chime with my experience of secondary school - or, indeed, life - at all, but feel free to continue to stereotype if it makes you feel better.

Hmmm, then maybe you can help me out?

Usehername

On a mission

yeah, this was not me in high school.

i was:
*nerdy
*band geek
*a starter for sports teams
*had weird friends (fit in with the jock crowd and would occasionally show to a party, but hung out with weird kids according to jock standards)

*rarely socialized outside of school, but while specifcally at school, was rotating between studying and life of the party while rallying people for a crazy idea. sometimes just to convince myself i could control people (in the nice way, but the "i am a leader" reassuring way to me)

*ultimate prankster

*i was very confident. i was not confident in specific situations (i.e. female politics of being on a sports team and the girl drama with that... i just wanted to get out on the court and play) but generally very confident otherwise

*everyone loved me. (i don't say this to be cocky, but teachers, students, athletes, musicians... everyone loved me. maybe it helps to be an INTJ with the "do unto others" drilled well into you? so although i definitely was the "T" female, I was considerate?)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, then, what type would have vivid fantasies about hurting their enemies? I could think of no other type than an Ni type, moreover the more cold-hearted Ni type.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thinking Dirty Harry, but I'm not sure.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm in a stereotyping mood today, so don't mind me. Just making a few more nicknames. Don't worry, I'll hate all types equally:

SJs
This is the group that the principals and teachers love. They are the example setters for the rest of the school to follow. They are the smart ones who study hard and probably will be voted as "Most Likely to Succeed."

ESTJ: The Valedictorian
The ultimate example setter for an American male teen. People admire this type for being practically good at everything. They get good grades, are socially active, and are generally attractive and charming. Usually very mature for their age, because they know how to set limits for themselves. However, they are often intolerant of those who don't conform.

ISTJ: The Hall Monitor
These people are similar to the ESTJs, but quieter. They often do well in school, are well-rounded, and possibly active in extracurricular activities. May be independent, but will conform if it helps them meet a strategic goal. They are probably the most uptight. However, like the ESTJ, they are critical of the others who don't conform to the established ideals.

ESFJ: The Preppy
The model student for an American female teen. Interested in makeup, clothing, and anything trendy, usually to appear more socially desirable. Therefore, they seem to be interested in all kinds of music, movies, and other forms of entertainment. They like small dogs, say "Ewww!!!" a lot, and they're afraid of spiders and Goth kids.

ISFJ: The Doormat
The ultimate loyal followers. Whatever "group" they are affiliated with, they will be unbending to its cause. Goes along with other people's plans lest it damage their friendships. They are often chameleons -- they do things because their friends do it, and they are generally very effective at it.

SPs
This is the group that the principals and teachers hate because they are hard to discipline. They rebel for the sole purpose of enjoyment. Although they cause trouble, they have a reasonably easy time getting out of it. For this reason, the intelligence of this group is often underestimated.

ESTP: The Jock
Like the ESTJ, the ESTP is handsome and charming in appearance, but is more of a free spirit. The ESTP's goal is probably more geared toward their chosen interest for the pure enjoyment rather than setting an example. Hence, the ESTP won't hesitate if he enjoys a more underground life. The ESTP is perceived as either the "star" or the "bully." The ESTP is liked for his "bad boy" persona.

ISTP: The Warrior
Somewhat like the ESTP, but quieter. This type is highly skilled with mechanical things, and possibly a math whiz. People are probably drawn to this type because of his mysterious aura. A male ISTP will quite possibly be perceived by women as "sexy" because of his graceful movements in performance. His earthiness plus enigma makes his appeal possibly even more intense than the ESTP. The ISTP is both smart and practical.

ESFP: The Hedonist
Here we have the ultimate fun and pleasure seeker who loves life and the people within it. Probably the most impulsive type and most likely to be diagnosed with ADHD. They enjoy exploring the world for the pleasure in of itself. Always makes the best of things, and is arguably the happiest of all types.

ISFP: The Art Connoisseur
Like the ESFP, appreciates aesthetic experiences, but is more personal. This often leads the ISFP to display an independent streak and a knack for artistic performance. And so, this type is more likely to be involved in artistic performance such as dance, modeling, or painting. Displays a subtle flamboyancy and quiet narcissism. Others accuse this type as being snobby.

NTs
People of this group are, much like the SPs, overlooked for their intelligence. However, while the SPs are perceived as being hyperactive, the NTs are perceived as socially dysfunctional in one way or another.

ENTJ: The Punk
This type likely to be perceived as the ESTJ's deviant twin. Rather than conforming, the ENTJ is highly critical of the status quo and has no fear of expressing and acting upon it in the world. Here we have the original visionary pioneer or unforgiving misanthrope. Very simply, the ENTJ does not take things the way they are. The ENTJ may also seem like the ESTP, either a jock or a bully. If a jock, the ENTJ sees a strategic purpose behind it, while the ESTP sees enjoyment. If a bully, while the ESTP may simply enjoy teasing others for fun, the ENTJ acts out of vengeance.

INTJ: The Rebel
Think of the INTJ as an ENTJ on the inside. This means that an INTJ probably has similar values as the ENTJ, but unlike the ENTJ, the INTJ has a certain lack of confidence, and so lives their visions in their internal world. INTJs likely have a vision of a change, but has less confidence in applying it. And where the ENTJ is confident about standing up to enemies, perhaps dreaming up and applying creative methods of defeat, the INTJ lives it in his/her mind.

ENTP: The Joker
The ENTP is the original goofball and ultimate punster. The ENTP can be extremely inventive and have unique off-the-wall ideas, but most types dismiss them as being ridiculous. The ENTP is likely perceived as an underachiever and possibly even stupid and obnoxious. And so, despite being Extraverts, they are sometimes not particularly socially desirable. Others perceive them as entertaining, funny, and all around good company, but ultimately superficial.

INTP: The Know-it-all
The INTP is the one who is book-smart and deeply knowledgeable. They are collectors of trivia regardless of its practicality. They are likely to have esoteric interests or otherwise interests atypical of others in their age group. Like other NTs, and especially the ENTP, the INTP likely has a unique, quirky sense of humor. They are usually intellectually playful, but have trouble taking things seriously. They lack the awareness of social cues, such as how they come across to others, but like other NTs, they often don't care.

NFs

ENFJ: The Trend Setter
These are the world's humanistic idealists. They are often very artistic in their approach; they are often funky dressers or else have their own unique way of expressing themselves. The ENFJ is both conservative in that they like order, but also unconventional in their style and views. This is why practically every type is drawn to the ENFJ. Their innovations are masked by their outer seductiveness, whether they realize it or not.

ENFP: The Drama Queen
At first glance, the ENFP may seem like the ESFP, but where the ESFP is a dramatic realist, the ENFP is the dramatic idealist (hence their nickname). Where ESFPs are their own personalities, the ENFP dreams of an idealized sense of self, which could lead them to be either fantastic actors and actresses or cunning manipulators. The ENFP's habit of idealizing the self and the world around around them place a risk of confusing their own reality. And so the ENFP is deep in the sense that they are perceptive and can create a fantasy out of world around them, a gift that could make them into astonishing storytellers (or pathological liars), but also shallow in that they may lose their own true identity.

This is fifty years hence. And it is by the way. Do not be annoyed.

I tell this only because I know Uberfuhrer secretly admires Swedish ESTJ athletes.
Uberfuhrer. I had a Swedish ESTJ athlete in the school.
He was tall and muscular. He did not button his shirt all the way to the top.
This is because he was not an ISTJ.
I had also an ISTJ in the school. His father was the ISTJ Wachtmeister of the school.
If you do not know what a Wachtmeister is it does not matter.
I am not discussing him. We are concerned about the ISTJ son here.
The ISTJ son had his shirt properly buttoned.
This is all I can say about the lad.

All the SPs had been kicked out of school (except one) so I cannot say anything about them.
The SP lad who had not been kicked out was Dutch. He had not been kicked out because he was actually an NP.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is fifty years hence. And it is by the way. Do not be annoyed.

I tell this only because I know Uberfuhrer secretly admires Swedish ESTJ athletes.
Uberfuhrer. I had a Swedish ESTJ athlete in the school.
He was tall and muscular. He did not button his shirt all the way to the top.
This is because he was not an ISTJ.
I had also an ISTJ in the school. His father was the ISTJ Wachtmeister of the school.
If you do not know what a Wachtmeister is it does not matter.
I am not discussing him. We are concerned about the ISTJ son here.
The ISTJ son had his shirt properly buttoned.
This is all I can say about the lad.

All the SPs had been kicked out of school (except one) so I cannot say anything about them.
The SP lad who had not been kicked out was Dutch. He had not been kicked out because he was actually an NP.

I would've thought the Dutch SP would've been the first to be kicked out! (Marijuana and prostitution is not legal everywhere, you know!)

Swedish athletes are probably not ESTJs, but repressed ExFJs. Very tradition- and family-oriented, those Swedes are! ;)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is actually on the right track. Imagine that. I think INFJs can tend to be high achievers and perfectionists, but manage to be overlooked despite it. A young insecure INFJ can be quite a ghost socially. They can at times make an deep impact when they share their inner ideals allowing themselves to be more extroverted, but then the next moment slide into a state of being completely undetectable. The various natural dichotomies of the personality can be especially difficult to reconcile when young.

You also suggest a dichotomy in your description about their inner vs. outer modes. The INFJ views others from the inside so to speak, and has to learn that others do not do the same. People respond to the outside, never seeing the inside, so the experience is one of continual misunderstanding. I'm not referring to being polite on the outside and angry on the inside. That's a woeful distortion and a tired clique'. It's more about determining what is worth sharing. Waiting and observing to get a better sense of the consequences of being 'seen'. Sometimes the misunderstanding is more efficient if the person is determined to perceive the falsehood. Offering someone a blank slate and observing what they paint on it will tell you far more about a person than you can imagine. Many times the consequences of being seen are not good and so it saves time, energy, and emotion to withhold until reasonable. It can be about creating efficient emotional systems, just like the INTJ desires to create efficient systems of other kinds.