• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and their respective high school personas...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There is an emphasis on the INTP's own behavior, rather than any attempt to get others to do "the right thing". No preaching, crusading, not much emotion, even; but the INTP can be good at setting an example. My own Fi, by contrast, charges my morality with much more emotion, and a more activist bent, which I take care to curb where inappropriate.

i see this in an INTP i know too. he's probably more ethical than i am in some senses, but he's "quiet" about it. when asked to do something immoral, he will not budge, even to his own short-term detriment, because he believes it will act against him long-term. i have a lot of respect for that.

on thread topic - i guess i would have been a nerd/overacheiver, but i sort of broke rules too. lol.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Speed Gavroche said:
It's hard to talk about popular culture in general, but I've noticed that in the particular case of american teenmovies, the most valued roles are the roles of cheerleader and player of american football. At the opposite, the roles of nerds are the most depreciated. Theses stereotypes work well even if they're criticized. So, in theses movies, some functions are valued and gift bonus, and some others don't.

Se, is the most valued function, because teenmovies encourage to be outgoing, physically oriented, to make sex etc. This function gives a bonus of 8 in dominant, and 4 in auxillary.

Fe, comes next, it represents soiciability and conformism, very useful to manage social crisis, follow fashions rules etc. This function gives a bonus of 7 in dominant and 3.5 in auxillary.

Te, then, because this function gives strong hability for leadership and social intelligence, so that function gives a bonus of 6 in dominant and 3 in auxillary.

Ne, is valued too, but in a minor way. Ne gives some sort of sociability, but anticonformism too. Intuitive extroverts have difficulty to respect social norms, and usually don't make any effort in this way. Elsewhere, extroverted intuitive represent frequently the "free electron" character. A valued role, but not extremely. That function gives a bonus of 5 in dominant and 2.5 in auxillary

Si, comes then, because even if introverted sensors are usually not as sociable and outgoing as they would have to be to take a good place in the social hierarchy, Si is associated with a form of conformism and the hability to integrate groups and take responsability. That function gives a bonus of 4 in dominant and 2 in inferior.

Fi, is valued in the sense of it induces in some sort to have social relationships, but to be a loner and individualistic, too. That function gives a bonus of 3 in dominant and 1.5 in inferior.

Ti, is very depreciated in teenmovies, because induces to be concerned with intellectual issues, have his own principles, to be anti-conformist and a loner. That function gives a bonus of 2 in dominant and 1 in auxillary.

Ni, is the most depreciated function, no way or almost Ni help to be concerned with sex, social conventions, and fashion, and so, no way Ni is encouraged in teenmovies. That function gives a bonus of 1 in dominant and 0.5 in inferior.

So, from the most encouraged, to the least encouraged:

ESFP= 9.5
ESTP, ESFJ= 9

ESTJ= 8
ENFJ, ISFJ= 7.5
ISFP, ISTJ= 7
ENFP, ENTJ= 6.5
ENTP, ISTP= 6
INFP= 5.5

INFJ, INTP= 4.5
INTJ= 4

Actually, teenmovies are probably well representative of the sight focused on each type in popular culture.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17552&p=710293&viewfull=1#post710293

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP: The Joker
The ENTP is the original goofball and ultimate punster. The ENTP can be extremely inventive and have unique off-the-wall ideas, but most types dismiss them as being ridiculous. The ENTP is likely perceived as an underachiever and possibly even stupid and obnoxious. And so, despite being Extraverts, they are sometimes not particularly socially desirable. Others perceive them as entertaining, funny, and all around good company, but ultimately superficial.

Yeah...somewhat accurate. Funny how all the NTs in class were together, good times. Fun times. I miss that.

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
High school is never really about learning properly the way most N's want - which I why I hated it. It's a stream of requirements to meet, with some hopeful supposition that you'll make the best out of the whole experience. IMO, it takes up too much time, where students could be off doing their own things and getting genuinely interested in subjects and careers, instead of readying themselves for a cookie cutter position to guarantee a safe but boring life in the future.

I was quiet and unobtrusive, fluctuating between underachiever and B student. At the start of the year I would be social, but by the end I made an effort to never speak unless I was talking to a close friend. How it usually went: Be outgoing during a fresh year, get a rep as being really random and witty, get urged into a clique of associates, be perceived as arrogant and strange by them for not being as outgoing as they've heard (obviously I chime down in competitive group situation, where everyone is trying to throw in a witty remark, blatant making fun, etc), as a result become even more introverted, and by the last chunk of the year, remove myself from group, sustain contact with whoever didn't reject me (usually a select few close friends as unsocial as myself).

I can really relate to this, with the exception of acting outgoing at the start. I switched schools every year from 7th grade through 11th, and this is pretty much what happened every time. Back then, I would have had no idea how to appear witty in a way that could be broadly appreciated, so I basically became invisible after the first few weeks of people trying to be friendly. I think I tried somewhat to cultivate more of an ISTP persona, similar to the one described, which was helped by being athletic and doing sports outside of school. I admired those who achieved that sort of ISTP "strong, silent type" who did well both athletically and academically and who were respected without having to be sociable. But because I didn't do any school sports, and never overachieved academically, I generally couldn't mainain this image (too much effort, mainly) and became invisible ("that one kid"), often going a whole school day without speaking once. By the years end, I would have maybe one or two "friends" that were more like pleasant acquaintances.

ctang15

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
I would think that INTJs would not act on their ideals like ENTJs not because they lack confidence, but because as introverts, they don't give a damn about what others do as long as they don't interfere with the lNTJ.

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
9w8- the pot head

What made you think this?
I'm not disputing it, I'll acknowledge that as a freshman/sophomore I would have fit this description very well, that's what makes me wonder how you came to the conclusion:p

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Fascinating. Suprisingly spot on, considering these were made specifically to be sweeping generalizations.

I'm not sure where everyone seems to be getting the impression that an ISFP's distinguishing characteristic is to be artsy-fartsy, though? I've never actually met one that fit the stereotypical type description as such, even though they are most definitely ISFPs. In fact, ENFP and INFP friends I have are more likely to fit within that description.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah...somewhat accurate. Funny how all the NTs in class were together, good times. Fun times. I miss that.

I probably revised that thought, but I will not embarrass Myself reading it, because it makes Me feel young and stupid.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jesus, I didn't even realize I started this thread. Stop robbing graves!!!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The OP is hilarious. Captures all the stereotypes.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The OP is hilarious. Captures all the stereotypes.

After gathering the courage to view it, yes, I'm definitely about ready to do a revision, I think. ENTJ as punk? INTJ as rebel? Those aren't even good sweeping generalizations. I can't believe I wrote something like that. Should be ISTP for both. Tactical Contender fits those roles much better. Not sure about ENTJ stereotypes...maybe the starter of the science club or something (Strategic Initiator)? Nah, clubs of any kind sound more like Logistic Initiator. Yup, I'm gonna have a lot to do in My spare time.

LeftKick

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5 sp
ISTP: The Warrior
Somewhat like the ESTP, but quieter. This type is highly skilled with mechanical things, and possibly a math whiz. People are probably drawn to this type because of his mysterious aura. A male ISTP will quite possibly be perceived by women as "sexy" because of his graceful movements in performance. His earthiness plus enigma makes his appeal possibly even more intense than the ESTP. The ISTP is both smart and practical.

Smart and practical, ok. Sexy? Not at all.