• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sensing-Intuitive Look-a-like

deleted
Temperament pairs do very similar things. They can act and behave alike, and they usually have a very similar temperament and even a similar world-view. You can easily confuse the two personalities when looking at intentions, but they both have different intentions, being of a different quadra of temperament of course, you can imagine of sensing vs intuiting differences.

I discovered that every sensor has a temperament pair intuitor, and that has to do with their temperament, of the four. Both NTs and SPs are pragmatic and both NFs and SJs are cooperative. This poses as the most accurate scale for comparison between Ss and Ns as divided units.

I found that if one type is a Melancholic-Sanguine, Melancholic stands for IT, and Sanguine stands for SP, the ISTP will have a Look-a-like of a Melancholic-Choleric, aka the INTJ. They have a knack for the schedule and act out plans in an order of standards and have similar temporary intentions. Body language can even be quite indistinguishable. They most likely have a differed outlook on life, but they chose to act quite similarly and I've heard specifics on type relation from many people. but not this general concept.

I'm backing up this theory with all the other types. I'd like critique, but also I want people to fill out some definitions and similarities on the temperament pairs. If you have something authentic to contribute, I will add it to the list.

So you know how it works.
Temperament X - Unification 1 ~ Temperament X - Unification 2...
So Melancholic Sanguine ~ Melancholic Choleric.
Help me make this clearer if I have failed to do so.
I'm not really copying socionics, and atleast I don't think I am copying something else, but it is pretty obvious, I've heard various opinions about a few of these, collected them, and I'm sure it can be agreed upon/changed for the better or destruction if its just a bunch of sling-druble.

Temperament Pairs

INTJ-ISTP (need definition) Melancholic Pragmatic
INFJ-ISTJ (need definition) Melancholic Cooperative
INTP-ISFP (need definition) Phlegmatic Pragmatic
INFP-ISFJ (need definition) Phlegmatic Cooperative
ENTJ-ESTP (need definition) Choleric Pragmatic
ENFJ-ESTJ (need definition) Choleric Cooperative
ENTP-ESFP (need definition) Sanguine Pragmatic
ENFP-ESFJ (need definition) Sanguine Cooperative

I don't know yet too much that this analysis can be used for, but alteast its something. I'm going to bum food at a party now.

Last edited:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm still trying to get the gist of what exactly you're asking for, but as far as S/N is concerned, the letters that determine the Interaction Style (the first temperament in those hybrids) or the conative temperament (the second, and which are divided by cooperative and pragmatic) switch back and forth along the lines of S/N. That's because in Kant's temperament system concrete perception (of "Beauty") or lack thereof tied together the opposite temperaments, and basically twisted everything up when the systems came together in the 16 types. So for S's, T/F is Interaction Style and J/P is conative. For N's, J/P is Interaction Style and T/F is conative. I/E of course, always ties to the Interaction Style, and Cooperative/.Pragmatic is always conative.

Interesting idea of pairing types up along those lines. Let's see where it goes.

deleted
You can't really argue that the INFJs and ISTJs physical attitudes are almost exactly alike. I've know many of them in real life and they all pretty much act the same in usual circumstances.

It's the Melancholy-Cooperative attitude.

deleted
Cooperative/.Pragmatic is always conative.

True. I believe they are conative. I just don't know to what extent. And didn't you mention something about the similar events orginazation styles of the INTJ and ISTP.

G

Glycerine

You can't really argue that the INFJs and ISTJs physical attitudes are almost exactly alike. I've know many of them in real life and they all pretty much act the same in usual circumstances.

It's the Melancholy-Cooperative attitude.

I agree with this. My ISTJ and I act fairly similar.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
ENFP-ESFJ???!!! Whaaaat?
Both from a (limited, granted) understanding of type and personal experience - I'd say that doesn't ring right for me in the slightest.

My best friend is an ESFJ. We don't act alike in the slightest - other than both being extroverted and having similar interests (the latter being totally independent of type)

Every socionics site I've been on has read that ESFP is an ENFP's look-alike, and THAT rings with more truth, imo. (Again - both from my understanding of type and from personal experience. The ESFP I know and I can seem very alike on a superficial level - in truth, we are not at all but we look alike)

EDIT: Just realised your theory is not socionics-based?
Nonetheless - in regards to ESFJ/ENFP at the very least - I disagree.

Last edited:

deleted
Possibly one of you isn't Sanguine? Not all ENFPs/ESFJs are Sanguine, but I am quite sure most of them are.

Or maybe you are just too original to act alike? For instance I know some INTJs who would not certainly expect were INTJ.

If I knew two personalities were literally Sanguine Cooperative, I'd expect them to at least act more alike than other possible combinations, verbal language aside. There is also the case where my friend acts different toward me even though he's an ISTP, but he totally faults this theory even though I know he acts like me when I'm not around. Yet he'd rather find it easy to be with me than to start N/S relationship conflict. Simply put he doesn't know how to act like an INTJ, so he tries to act like an ENTP, which is cool enough.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ENFP-ESFJ

I disagree.
ENFP-ESFP are moore look-alike than ENFP-ESFJ.

In my opinion SJ-NF aren't alike, especially STJ's are very far from NF's.
Use another temperament sorting:
NF, NT, ST, SF

Then
NF look alike SF
NT look alike ST

deleted
I disagree.
ENFP-ESFP are moore look-alike than ENFP-ESFJ.

In my opinion SJ-NF aren't alike, especially STJ's are very far from NF's.
Use another temperament sorting:
NF, NT, ST, SF

Then
NF look alike SF
NT look alike ST

From my perspective, ENFP and ESFJ act quite alike. Their intentions are at least slightly off, they come off quite differently in language, they have their own limits because they function uniquely. But their manner is definitely more similar than ENFJ-ESFJ or ENFP-ESFP.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP-ESFJ???!!! Whaaaat?
Both from a (limited, granted) understanding of type and personal experience - I'd say that doesn't ring right for me in the slightest.

My best friend is an ESFJ. We don't act alike in the slightest - other than both being extroverted and having similar interests (the latter being totally independent of type)

Every socionics site I've been on has read that ESFP is an ENFP's look-alike, and THAT rings with more truth, imo. (Again - both from my understanding of type and from personal experience. The ESFP I know and I can seem very alike on a superficial level - in truth, we are not at all but we look alike)

EDIT: Just realised your theory is not socionics-based?
Nonetheless - in regards to ESFJ/ENFP at the very least - I disagree.

agreed. i have no idea bout female ENFPs, but generally the male ENFPs i know look like an odd combo of INFP and ESTP (maybe i should just say ISFP?)

deleted
I don't want to get off subject too much. Remember were only talking about moods and why they're portrayed one way or the other through action.

I can agree that ENFPs and ESFJs are very different personalities, but they have a quite similar outlet for temperament. In my opinion you're thinking to subjectively with the criticism.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You should take into consideration the main functions. This only works with T and F mainers though. I'd say it's something like this from these kinds of people:

INTP-ISTP, INFP-ISFP, ENTJ-ESTJ, ENFJ-ESFJ. Otherwise I am unsure.

deleted
INTP-ISTP, INFP-ISFP, ENTJ-ESTJ, ENFJ-ESFJ.

INTP-ISTP and ENFJ-ESFJ don't work well at all as temperament pairs. They are really different, from experience and theory says so as well. ENTJ-ESTJ is an okay match, but ENTJ fits ESTP much better. ISTP fits INTJ much better. I've always preferred ISTPs form of expression more than the INTPs, and I relate with it more.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the ISTP and INTP sharing Ti doesn't make them a lookalike? Also ISFP-INFP with Fi, ENFJ-ESFJ with Fe, ENTJ-ESTJ with Te.

I've seen ISFPs, and from the surface I'd say I would have a hard time distinguishing them from an INFP on my first impression (usually introverts hide their true selves until they accept someone).

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ-ISTP (need definition) Melancholic Pragmatic
INFJ-ISTJ (need definition) Melancholic Cooperative
ENTJ-ESTP (need definition) Choleric Pragmatic
ENTP-ESFP (need definition) Sanguine Pragmatic

these are the only ones i strongly agree with (based on experience).

changes:
ENFP - ISFP (my enfp uncle and best friend, both look very ISFP)
INTP - they have no look a likes...

deleted
Really, they don't look alike. You may see Ti in both, or Fi in both. They are used for opposite reasons. Functions don't matter in look-a-like because its based on temperament.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't want to get off subject too much. Remember were only talking about moods and why they're portrayed one way or the other through action.

I can agree that ENFPs and ESFJs are very different personalities, but they have a quite similar outlet for temperament. In my opinion you're thinking to subjectively with the criticism.

No they don't. No we aren't.
Can't you see the difference of Fi and Fe?
It's very different. Very very different.

And I'm subjective, so what?

My opinion:
ENFP-ESFP
ENFJ-ESFJ
INFJ-ISFP
INFJ-ISFJ
ISTP-INTP
ESTP-ENTP
ENTJ-ESTJ
INTJ-ISTJ

deleted
No they don't. No we aren't.
Can't you see the difference of Fi and Fe?
It's very different. Very very different.

And I'm subjective, so what?

:doh:

Did you not read everything, the disclosure?

Temperament has nothing to do with what functions one uses. Really it doesn't. You are obviously thinking of intentions/opinions, because two Fi users would most likely have similarities here.

My opinion:
ENFP-ESFP
ENFJ-ESFJ
INFJ-ISFP
INFJ-ISFJ
ISTP-INTP
ESTP-ENTP
ENTJ-ESTJ
INTJ-ISTJ

Most of these are more contrasting in their moods than similar!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not bashing your theory. I've read all the MBTI books so I understand the cooperative etc thing. I just don't see much similarity between me and ISFJs. To be honest I think the type that is most similar to the INFP is the INTP on the outside. We both seem to communicate in the same way (in the way it's said that is). My reasoning for this is because INTPs will make their point in their talking based on their logic, and an INFP will make their point through what matters to them. It's communicated through Ne I believe, but I could be wrong because my understanding of how MBTI effects communication is pretty vague.