• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has being on this forum changed your opinion...

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If anything this forum has just strengthened my belief that humans are too complex to categorize, and in many ways too simple to do the same. If that makes sense.

Also, it's made me think INTJs are a bit weird. :cheese:

And made me despair that my INFP boyfriend will *ever* grasp the importance of BEING ON GODDAMNED TIME (sorry do I sound worked up?)!

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
And made me despair that my INFP boyfriend will *ever* grasp the importance of BEING ON GODDAMNED TIME (sorry do I sound worked up?)!

Being on time is important? Shit! All these years, I never knew...

This forum taught me that NTJs aren't all arrogant stubborn assholes.

It taught me that SFs aren't uniformly suck.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I enjoy reading how 'S's view things that I would normally think are 'N' territory, such as the complexities of human nature.

It's made me realize that I'm only cheating myself when I view things exclusively as "N" and "S" topics.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Its increased my understanding of all the types, I think.
Except for the INXJ's. They are just more confusing.

sade

I've learned to like the INTPs.. Atleast some. But you're okay.
Due to earlier experiences, even before knowing of MBTI, I'd always get my claws out and mentally prepare for the kill when I got the vibe from someone. I still have the warning bell going off sometimes, but it's not that bad.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The interesting people do not follow a pattern.
Least of all their own pattern.
They are their own people.

You never become your shadow.
Wisdom is to perceive it is there.

I have learned to speak "Wildcat". :)

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
of a particular type/s? if so ..how?

I'm not sure that my opinion of a given type's really changed all that much. It has shown me that just because people share given type characteristics, that it doesn't really mean a whole lot other than sharing a (very) general outlook on *how* things are approached - there's not really much correlation between content and type as there is between process and type. Some INTP/INFP's I see myself sharing viewpoints with frequently - others, very infrequently. The same goes for people of any type, but often I can at least see how INP's reach their conclusions.

Well, now that I think of it, there is one thing that I've noticed... I always knew that introverts and extroverts were very different... but I've had relatively few strong extroverts in my life over the years, and seeing more here has been... instructive and rather illuminating. Not so much in that I didn't know about the differences... but that I didn't understand the extent of the differences. ShortNSweet's thread about friends and acquaintances, in particular, was quite an eye-opener.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I've learned to like the INTPs.. Atleast some. But you're okay.
Due to earlier experiences, even before knowing of MBTI, I'd always get my claws out and mentally prepare for the kill when I got the vibe from someone. I still have the warning bell going off sometimes, but it's not that bad.
If I knew it startled people I would have stopped ringing my compulsory INTP bell in public.
I have learned to speak "Wildcat". :)

Really?

You've got to teach me sometime.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
RAMBLY METAPOST

No. Only people in real life can change my opinion of a type.
But I am a bit better in figuring out somebody's temperament with only writing. I can make my final "judgement" only after I met them and even after that the type I figured out can be very very very wrong. ;) But I'm not too bothered if I'm wrong because I'm not perfect in any way. :laugh:

Yeah. I've not needed the forum to realize that people are different aside from just saying people are different. Really believing that they are seems to preclude typing to me. Typing may enhance it, but it doesn't encapsulate anything. Actually, the forum has made me more extreme in this view.

The interesting people do not follow a pattern.
Least of all their own pattern.
They are their own people.

You never become your shadow.
Wisdom is to perceive it is there.

Most definitely. This is why I'm not really understanding the point of the thread. Did people really need to trade a few jokes on a forum or PMs to figure out "Wow, I guess XXXX can't all be that bad!"

I'm noticing that most people are responding that they had a more negative view that turned positive and not the other way around. I guess I'll be honest and say I'm beginning to have more negative views of certain types that I didn't have before. Some people's willingness to ascribe unsavory behaviors to something as silly as MBTI type makes me wonder how willing they are to do the same thing when it comes to other groups of people.

But then again I think to myself, is this really surprising? I've been told so often that I was the person who made people rethink their ideas of their preconceived notions of "what I'm supposed to be like" that I just don't know what to make of comments like that anymore. It's like admitting you had a narrow-minded or limited exposure to a group of people (which is good! you're seeking to correct it) and it only took a handful of people to turn that around. But then my next thought is if it only took a handful of people for you to form that negative perception and just as many to change it, maybe people should just lay off making the evaluations based on such flimsy criteria. It seems like a ball getting tossed back and forth. I guess it comes down to exposure.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I've gotten insight into how Es operate, and have realized that they prioritize their friends like Is do...they just seem to have more friends to pay attention to. ;-) I've also gotten a better feel for the F/T divide.

Yes.
I used to think all INTPs were pathologically manipulative sociopaths,
but I have since discovered that some of them are not. :newwink:

I've heard you say this before, and I still don't get it. I mean, sociopaths, sure. But I'd never have said INTPs were a particularly manipulative type. It takes energy and giving a crap, not to mention noticing the vast majority of people, to manipulate. Are you sure the people you knew before were INTP?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I've heard you say this before, and I still don't get it. I mean, sociopaths, sure. But I'd never have said INTPs were a particularly manipulative type. It takes energy and giving a crap, not to mention noticing the vast majority of people, to manipulate. Are you sure the people you knew before were INTP?
Yes.
Well, let's just say that to me it FELT LIKE manipulation.
Maybe another type would define it as something else.

I was trying to pay a compliment to the INTPs.
Very few of them are that bad... just a small minority.
Like I said, I used to think they were all that way... and actually only males, not females.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^^ haha...sociopaths sure but...manipulative??
a068.gif

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Yes.
Well, let's just say that to me it FELT LIKE manipulation.
Maybe another type would define it as something else.

I was trying to pay a compliment to the INTPs.
Very few of them are that bad... just a small minority.
Like I said, I used to think they were all that way... and actually only males, not females.

INTPs might try and be manipulative, but they'd be woefully bad at it.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've never really thought of myself as manipulative either. I'm much too passive to get away with it I would think. I don't think it's something I've ever done, or had I attempted, been successful doing.

But the sociopath thing, I can see.

G

garbage

I've learned a lot about different types of people and learned to further appreciate them.

I've also learned that it's actually possible for people knowledgeable of MBTI to miss its entire point, but I'm glad that that's not the majority.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've discovered that I really like INTJs. I'd probably annoy the crap out of one IRL, but it seems to work online.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
Participation on this forum has lowered my opinion of NT types actually. The dismissive attitude towards S and F types has been disappointing.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Participation on this forum has lowered my opinion of NT types actually. The dismissive attitude towards S and F types has been disappointing.

Mmm. Absolutely. Sensor-bias -particularly- is something I can't abide. We are all just people, with mildly differing preferences :doh: