• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INXJ closed-minded certitude

Do you suffer from/find that INXJs tend to suffer from closed-minded certitude?

• Total voters

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Thank you for the explanation. So you're saying that people will identify too quickly wiht a type description that they do not understand well, and attempt to act according to the description because it increases their confidence and reduces insecurity? I can see such a motivation, and know plenty of people are cavalier with the system, not learning enough about it to put it to constructive use. I have never had any uncertainty or ambiguity in my type, so perhaps I overlook how confusing it can be for those whose type results appear borderline or inconclusive, and don't follow up with enough research to sort it all out.

That's exactly it. :D.

For myself, as I explained, I was one of those who did have to spend some time working it out before I could come to a more concrete conclusion, however I was happy that I didn't get lazy and just accept the first thing I came upon which was a bit of a habit of mine as a child.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No.

I am always open to a better way........

if you can prove it's Truer. :D

Yup. It's not that I'm certain I'm already right about things, but whatever the other person is selling has to make more sense to me than what I already believe/think.

G

garbage

Right until proven wrong? :D

I don't think most people will start talking with the assumption that their ideas are wrong in the first place, no?

Else you've defeated yourself before the conversation has even started.
Sometimes, I assert myself and my own views at the outset. But quite often, I'm very much internally under the assumption that I'm 'right' but talk at least as if I'm neutral with respect to my own ideas--and sometimes as if I'm wrong. However it manifests, I humble myself enough to listen to the other person; I typically make it about them and their views. I chime in when I need to and in a way that's mutually beneficial.

This tendency is especially important to me if I'm the one who starts the conversation. In that case, I'm the one who frames the conversation, and I'd rather frame it neutrally.

In fact, I would wind up regarding my ideas as even stronger if I can actually legitimately listen to another's ideas and consider my own to be favorable to theirs, if I can find 'holes' in theirs, etc.

I don't care about having 'not defeated myself' as much as I do about 'having a holistic and healthy picture of the world around me.'