• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ learning from ESTP

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I want to hook up with an ESTP to work with; I'm sure I'll find one soon enough, one that's smart enough for my taste :jew:
I know the ESTP and the ENTJ are very alike but are complementary, like ying yang, but um, what are the differences in personality that I can focus on and learn from?

In short, what can I learn from the ESTP?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How to have fun :yay:

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
S = reality
P = Spontaneous Fun

S+P = one very nervous ENTJ exploring boundaries :)

they teach us how to seek worldly pleasures...like sky diving...

i have only ever known one ESTP. he was my best friends dad. and the first time i met him, he made us all stay up playing computer games until all hours of the morning.

they teach us how to just do something that makes us happy. regardless of responsibility or obligation.

G

garbage

How to have fun.. how to be more spontaneous, to seize the immediate moment, to relinquish control, to size up possibilities and opportunities. They also seem to have a pretty innovative way of dealing with and reading people on the fly, seemingly caring more about "Fe" than we tend to do.

Probably most realtors and salespeople I've met are ESTP. Go find one at a store that sells things in an area of your interest and just chat one up. I'm sure they'll indulge you in more personal conversation, too; whether it's to make a sale or just for the fun of it from them, you'll learn either way.

Here's a discussion on their differences.. you can see how you (we) are different from them

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm an esfp with entj boyfriend. (he really likes us sp's, many of his friends are sp's too.) And I would have to agree with the last post by entj extrodinaire. He likes that I can just avoid obligations like the plague and be seemingly oblivious. I just want to have fun and do everything necissary at the very last minute. I think that the ENTJ is a good candidate for dating someone like this because 1.) They often need to loosen up a bit. (Mine does, anyway.) and 2.) He really likes to have fun despite all the daily tasks on his mind. (I imagine that might be true for other ENTJ's.) We can also learn a lot from you guys, too. I love my ENTJ because he makes me feel protected and taken care of. (Much of the time I'm one big problem to be solved for him. He needs to get me food cause i'm hungry, he needs to bring me someplace cause i'm bored, he needs to clean up my mess because I want to sit on the computer.) So it works for the both of us. I imagine it would be the same with an entj/estp combination :)

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
hmmm....i am dating an ENTP. that really works with us, because we have a LOT in common (we are both completely EVIL for example:devil:) i don't think i could ever date an ESTP though. for one thing, i don't particularly like S's. i have two friends in total that i talk to most days that are S's. the rest of my friends are N's. i find the S's lack of insight, and so the lack of ability to talk about insight with them to be rather limiting, and very annoying :) but thats just me.

so its definitely true of a J/P relationship to make the J more "chilled" and the P to feel a whole lot more secure, safe, and cared for. the N/S difference for me is a little hard to deal with because i generally dislike S's, so can't really say i take anything from them.

i guess if anything they show me that its important to watch the real world, and thats the best place to get details and facts (which ENTJ practically Jizz over apparently) lol. but its sort of true. they bring us, and our systems back to earth. and as for the N influence. well, we show the S that there is more to life than what you see and feel. :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Conversation between me and my ENTJ one night. (me wasted and him high, we had just gotten into an argument but got over it.)

me: WHY DO YOU DATE ME. I'M SUCH AN IRRESPONSIBLE BITCH
him: cause you're fun.
me: THATS IT?? I'M FUN. I WOULD DUMP SOMEONE WHO IS JUST FUN.
him: (laughs) you make me loosen up and have fun. I need that.

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
HAHAHAHA

funniest part out of all that is i have had that conversation with my ENTP as well

she always asks why i am dating her still.

i can't say i would still be dating her coz its 'fun'. but more for the fact that i want to help her. its not a fun thing, but an obligation thing. ENTJ seem to love obligation :) lol. we take it from where ever we can.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ESTP friend basically makes me ESTP around him. He throws parties, drags me out to bars in the middle of the week, makes me listen to weird music and he enjoys my cooking. Pretty fun dude :D

Unique

did someone say ESTP? ;D

What can you learn from us? It's pretty much never ending... we love new things!

You will love our stories that we often tell when something reminds us of it

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I think we become kind of ESTP'ish in their company. I know that my SP friends think I'm kind of wild, because around them I feel free to express my wild side (conversely, my SJ friends think I'm responsible, so it's always a lot of fun to see how they react to each other when the two worlds collide). Because, let's face it, that's what we would really always want to be like: screw everything, and just do what you want to do.

deleted

Why is that the best fucking avatar ever!?

Same with greed. Your avatar rocks.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think we become kind of ESTP'ish in their company. I know that my SP friends think I'm kind of wild, because around them I feel free to express my wild side (conversely, my SJ friends think I'm responsible, so it's always a lot of fun to see how they react to each other when the two worlds collide). Because, let's face it, that's what we would really always want to be like: screw everything, and just do what you want to do.

ESTP's tend to bring out my narcissistic side.. like, two idiots grinning about how they are seducing the world :D

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I live with 2 ESTP's. They're always having a good time. Sometimes they wonder why others don't have as much fun in life.