• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to distinguish INTJ and INFJ

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
They are easier to keep apart when they are younger, but once they start to develop Fi and Ti, it can become significantly harder. You can catch them when they revert back to their proto state when they're angry/vulnerable/having a really bad day and are reacting against Fi and Ti. Perturbed (on the inside) coldhearted bitch/ass vs. raging (on the inside) emo martyr.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not to overgeneralize, but if they major in science, INFJs more likely major in biology, whereas you'd find the INTJs majoring in physics, chemistry, or math.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
affected by inner turmoil is a funny way of saying, there is never a moments rest to trying to figure out who I am, and how things make me feel without much success... Ive tried so many changes of clothing, trying to figure out whats right for me... the more I go the less Identity I feel I have, I feel like my life has been defined by lies, I spent a lifetime protecting my younger siblings like a guard dog, now that everyone is older and the family is dying I feel utterly lost in the identity department. And the rest was about worrying what those around me thought, felt, saw, and trying to keep everyone happy, I was a notorious people pleaser as a kid. I liked the feeling of making my family or coaches proud of my ability and what they taught me.

For the 1st time in my life, this close to 30, I feel like I am starting all over again trying to figure out who I am. Every day is long and drawn out, questioning constantly, judging myself for actions I haven't committed but thought of committing... it never ends. And I dont just follow thoughts a few clicks into the "plausibility" meter, I go like 20 years forward trying to see how what I would do would effect others and what it could mean and do... this stuff is going through my head non stop all the time.

I smoke a lot of bud to lay my head out though...

Aha... so that's what I need to do to calm the inner turmoil. ;)
Developing your Se can be helpful, too, because it gets you out of your head and focused on the real, external world. Painting really helps me with this... it's pretty much the only time when the turmoil raging in my brain shuts up, thus allowing me to feel peaceful and whole. :)