• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beyond MBTI - A new study

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Since our polling options are a little bit limited here, I've put up a little temp site with a questionaire that covers a wide spectrum of topics.

I'd like to see if there are correlations across the board for type in relation to childhood environments, birth order, religious upbringing, responsibilities etc, etc.

As we gather data with this questionaire I'll be posting back interesting and relevant findings.

The entire thing is completely anonymous, the answers come to me in a form via email where I can dissect and categorize in true INTJ fashion.

I would appreciate any who would take a few minutes to answer the questions (most are multiple choice) and if there are any suggestions for additional questions that you think might correlate to type please feel free to submit them with the last question.

Thanks! I'll update here soon once we have some data to work with.

Y'all are awesome. :wubbie:

MBTI Study

^^^ Link

P.S. - If you try to submit and it says the form cant be submitted right now, try again in a bit. I'm not sure how it will do if it gets a lot of traffic all at once!

Results will be updated and changed if needed as more data comes in. Trends noted below indicate an abnormal tendency in a particular direction for that question.
======================RESULTS=========================

Abuse indicators –

Types that reported Emotional abuse are all xNxJ’s and more often reported by women

Types that reported Multiple abuse factors are all IxxP

Artistic? –

Those who answered that they are not artistic are almost entirely N’s and Enneagram 5, grew up in a Small town and are less likely to want children.

Religion -

Spiritual but not religious upbringing - are All IxxP and majority of those were INxP… and All of them are Single

No religious upbringing - are more likely to experiment or heavily use drugs (by a lot) BUT those who attended church were LESS LIKELY TO ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Birth Order

INTJs and INTPs make up nearly HALF of the Eldest Child category

Eldest children more often perceived financial difficulties in their home with the majority reporting lower middle class. Youngest children almost all report a perceived abundance of money.

The only rank to frequently report serious drug use were Eldest children where youngest children felt smothered more often than most

Eldest children reported high responsibility that they didn’t necessarily seek out

Drugs –

Every submission with reported drugs in the home are all P preference and High perceived income level. Majority of these listed experimental drug use themselves. Most were also college grads followed by closely by 'some college' and consider themselves lifelong learners and high honor students!

The vast majority of submissions with no indication of in-home drugs are single. The Vast majority of submissions with drugs in home are either in long term relationships or are married.

Current age did not seem to be a factor in either group

Experimental drug users are nearly all P’s and youngest children

Experimental drug users were ALL college grads or college attendees. (Majority were grads) They also consider themselves artistic by and large.

Only Eldest children have reported Serious drug use problems and of those, most also indicated Emotional abuse.

All of the serious drug users are also still single and dating… :newwink:

Education -

All of the college grads consider themselves lifelong learners

High School completion only are all P’s and ALL have divorced parents. Age does not appear to be a factor

Enneagram

Almost every single Enneagram 5 is an INTP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2/4/09 Update---------------------------------------------

Some percentages today:

46% of I's are 'Single and not looking' compared to .08% of E's

11% of J's reported a 'Responsibility Overload' as a child, compared to 25% of P's

45% of N's reported drug use compared to 25% of S's...
... 14% of N's reported Serious drug use compared to 0% of S's

Student Type Breakdown (N vs S):
*Not all available options are listed if responses were minimal

N = 43% High Honor 24% Honor 14% Minimal to get by
S = 13% High Honor 50% Honor 0 % Minimal to get by 25% Average

* Half of the minimalists were INTPs

High Honor students tended to have the MAJORITY of their type letters in I, N, T and J. This doesn't mean all of the INTJ's were High Honor, but that when broken down letter by letter, there were more I's, more N's, more T's and more J's in the High Honor category. This one is tentative though because we have more of those answering the quiz so far as well. Will update more on this if we get more data.

Last edited:

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
Is there a problem with the site? It gave me an error when I tried to submit the survey.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Filled 'er out. Veh interested in the results here. Please keep us updated!

Accept

MBTI Type
TRUE
Aside from the comment area, I noticed:

None of the answers for responsibility fit, so I picked a normal experience, but that's not quite the right answer either. It was more of challenges offered, and if accepted, also expected to be fulfilled. The family financial seemed to go from a perception of wealth right into a managing to get by, so it was a coin toss to pick one since I never thought my family was overly comfortable, but that we were doing better than managing. Same method had to be used to fit a close answer to the supervision. I had far more freedom than other children in the neighborhood, but it was based on trust rather than a lack of parental concern or interest in my activities. Music was another awkward jump from obsessive passion to enjoyable, but not really necessary - I am passionate about music, but not to the point that life is no longer worth living without it.

There has to be limits on available answers for each question, and it didn't take long to complete, so the observations are not serious objections. Looking forward to the results.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
If it doesn't submit Pippi give it a try later. I don't think it does well when multiple people submit at the same time. Its a freebie site :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Rather interested in the results when you have enough responses.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm very interested to see the results. :)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Survey +1!
Results will be cool to check out!
:)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took it. Good luck.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Only flaw I found was the question about what size city/town did you grow up in.

I grew up (and still live in) a city that it is not big, but is not small enough where everyone knows everyone. -- There's a big medium in between those two.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Only flaw I found was the question about what size city/town did you grow up in.

I grew up (and still live in) a city that it is not big, but is not small enough where everyone knows everyone. -- There's a big medium in between those two.

Yeah. A city where you *know* everyone can't be larger than 500? Though figuratively I could suppose that driven up to a 2000-3000 population.

A big city would, in my opinion be a truly urban area (~population 1 million and up). And what about suburbs?

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ok, I've made a few changes based on the feedback here. Please don't re-take it if you've already taken it, the changes will have to apply to those going forward. I'm keeping track of which ones changed and how many entries we had before the changes. I'm hoping the changes were soon enough to not skew the results much.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Badass idea you had to make the test though. Going through the data's going to be entertaining as well.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Badass idea you had to make the test though. Going through the data's going to be entertaining as well.

Data sorting isnt so bad. I created an Access database and a lookup table for each of the questions so all I have to do is navigate to the table pertaining to that question and look for trends.

Its interesting so far. I'm still inputting some submissions, but we have about 50 so far.

I've updated the first post in the thread with my findings so far for the sake of ease in finding the results.

I'll update more when I have more time to analyze!

Enjoy.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Taken survey. Interesting results so far with the Ns being non-artistic. How's the N vs S distribution? Are we getting enough sensors?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yeah, I was unclear what the difference between "single and dating" and "long-term relationship" was....ie how serious it has to be to be a LTR. That's more my problem than any fault of the test, though.